Shiney_McShine

Is Dan Quinn losing his team?

56 posts in this topic

As long as you don’t read somewhere there’s a players only meeting there’s still a chance but if you do it’s over..

27 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

After some discussion this morning with other football fans, the subject has been broached that Quinn might be losing control of the team. 

I'm not certain, but the lack of fire and the slow starts could be a harbinger for a season spiraling out of control.

Losing his team??? Did you mean, "Lost his team"??

falcons007 likes this

thats funny if the team turns on him because the dude can't make the hard choices when it comes to his players...He will sink with the RMS Brotherhood

We brought back Beasley for 14 mil for god knows what reason....money that would have easily helped somewhere else.

We keep hearing about how hard Freeman is working and that 'any day now' we will see it in a game. No dude, he is not the same player, move on, play Hill, play Ollison, try something!

We worked out 2 experienced safeties yet decided to promote guys from the practice squad and ride with Ishmael when the dude can't cover to save his ******* life.

and so on and so forth...

22 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yes, it's over it's so obvious I'm not sure why anyone is even asking. Freaking homer goggles preventing people from seeing what the rest of us saw in pre season.

Many believed that his rah, rah, slogan infested words were tired prior to this year, but just believed the talent of the team would rise above him. In other words, win in spite of him.  Unfortunately, that has not proven to be the case.

Mike Mularkey and Koetter hires were head scratches for me. It's like taking the easy route where DQ won't be threatened by a new guy who could shake things up, who would maybe try new things have a different approach...getting our ex coaches back showed lack of guts to me.

43 minutes ago, Shiney_McShine said:

After some discussion this morning with other football fans, the subject has been broached that Quinn might be losing control of the team. 

I'm not certain, but the lack of fire and the slow starts could be a harbinger for a season spiraling out of control.

I don't care what anybody says but I think this team has never been the same after that Super Bowl loss. Just hasn't been the same team. Quinn was the next great coach back then. Ryan the best QB. These guys didn't suddenly forget how to coach or play. There's talent on this team. We got the same coach, the same QB and many of the same players. This is not a physical problem. This is mental in my opinion. Back then this team played with a bundle of confidence that bordered on cockiness. They had a confident swagger to them. And they were a very good team. It's almost like when the bully takes his first beating he isn't the same kid anymore. That loss ripped the heart right out of this team and I don't think they've recovered from it. Sometimes difficult if not devastating losses stay with you. This is just my opinion. But it's never brought up but I feel it's the elephant in the room that's not acknowledged or talked about.

33 minutes ago, firedog said:

I don't care what anybody says but I think this team has never been the same after that Super Bowl loss. Just hasn't been the same team. Quinn was the next great coach back then. Ryan the best QB. These guys didn't suddenly forget how to coach or play. There's talent on this team. We got the same coach, the same QB and many of the same players. This is not a physical problem. This is mental in my opinion. Back then this team played with a bundle of confidence that bordered on cockiness. They had a confident swagger to them. And they were a very good team. It's almost like when the bully takes his first beating he isn't the same kid anymore. That loss ripped the heart right out of this team and I don't think they've recovered from it. Sometimes difficult if not devastating losses stay with you. This is just my opinion. But it's never brought up but I feel it's the elephant in the room that's not acknowledged or talked about.

Would like this a hundred times if I could.

NeonDeion likes this

55 minutes ago, wilco said:

Mike Mularkey and Koetter hires were head scratches for me. It's like taking the easy route where DQ won't be threatened by a new guy who could shake things up, who would maybe try new things have a different approach...getting our ex coaches back showed lack of guts to me.

Spot on. Cant agree more. Falcons 1-11 against AFC since 2017.

When a team can’t even bring some fire and energy  to start the season in week 1, that’s a very bad sign.

I think Quinn lost the team weeks ago.

Unitas likes this

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Agreed. I can't think of a single dominating win since the NFC Championship, beginning with that ugly 3-0 start in 2017. Let's be honest, they'd be 0-4 this season if Agholor could catch. Holding out hope that they can go back to the site of SB 51 and get a confidence building win.

I don't think he's losing the locker room. He's losing once quality productive players who need to be replaced.