Not Sure This Team is Still Close TBH

caponine

Falcons can talk a big game but i think there is definitely some yelling and blaming going on in the locker room. Alot of butting heads and different motives. When Julio, Grady, Trufant said that they dont know why practice doesnt translate to Sunday, they have good practices. I was like OK something deeper is going on here     

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Falcons can talk a big game but i think there is definitely some yelling and blaming going on in the locker room. Alot of butting heads and different motives. When Julio, Grady, Trufant said that they dont know why practice doesnt translate to Sunday, they have good practices. I was like OK something deeper is going on here     

Losing does that to teams. 

Just now, caponine said:

also whole team not playing together. Ryan was irate at numerous olayers yesterday. Defense had a meltdown, there were definitely some verbal jabs thrown their way. This team is in chaos 

I don’t know about “chaos”, that’s not this team’s personality. But it will be interesting to see how they respond to this adversity. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons are close in terms of Talent. What they are missing is confidence and preparation. The way the Falcons got out-coached by TEN was embarrassing. The best way to fix this is to start winning. If I am DQ, I will make the coaches, team to focus just on Texans game. 

i meant as a team, i just dont think this team is close anymore. No playing for the man next you like before. The Brotherhood, being brothers. Thats what i was trying to say 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I don’t know about “chaos”, that’s not this team’s personality. But it will be interesting to see how they respond to this adversity. 

here’s the thing though, you might be right but ive also learned that Quinn aint really a good leader. The veterans have gone through the same thing for the last 5 years. There may not be any arguing going on but there is definitely tension and animosity. Quinn cant fix this imo. Need someone else too 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

i meant as a team, i just dont think this team is close anymore. No playing for the man next you like before. The Brotherhood, being brothers. Thats what i was trying to say 

I would never want to hear the word brotherhood and BS. How about coaches come up with a plan to beat next opponent. Players prepare their part so they can execute on Sunday. Tune out brother hood and cheesy quotes. If Falcons lose to Texans like they did, it just shows DQ is out of ideas.

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

here’s the thing though, you might be right but ive also learned that Quinn aint really a good leader. The veterans have gone through the same thing for the last 5 years. There may not be any arguing going on but there is definitely tension and animosity. Quinn cant fix this imo. Need someone else too 

I’ve been questioning DQ since he choked on SB51, while many in here lauded him as our best coach ever....which I thought was nonsense. Shanny was mostly responsible for 2016 season, in spite of Quinn’s poor situational coaching.

Time for him to put up or be shown the door. I hope he figures it out, we don’t need to go thru another coaching administration with window closing. 

I think there isnt any SUPER DESIRE to be elite. Good enough to get a contract seems good enough. Theres not a single player on this team who the rest of the football world recognizes as a feared competitor. Not 1! We have a lot of rah rah dancers and flight fashion show dudes, but no "dogs".

Pretty boys!!!

Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Alvin Camera, Christian McCaffery, Jamis Winston can all EASILY pick up 1 yard for a first down or a touchdown. Our guys cannot. Havent been able to for years now.

Oh well, maybe we win next game.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I would never want to hear the word brotherhood and BS. How about coaches come up with a plan to beat next opponent. Players prepare their part so they can execute on Sunday. Tune out brother hood and cheesy quotes. If Falcons lose to Texans like they did, it just shows DQ is out of ideas.

not to be negative but you can expect more of the same. Whitney Mercilus, Jj Watt, Carlos Watkins, Reader, Mckinney.... they might have better talent on d line and lb than the Titans. 

And then on offense , Hopkins and Fuller , Coutee, Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Nahh i dont see it

Just now, caponine said:

not to be negative but you can expect more of the same. Whitney Mercilus, Jj Watt, Carlos Watkins, Reader, Mckinney.... they might have better talent on d line and lb than the Titans. 

And then on offense , Hopkins and Fuller , Coutee, Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde. Nahh i dont see it

I hate to say this in week 5. But this is do or die battle for Falcons psychologically. They haven’t been competitive except for Eagles game. I don’t care who they have on Texans, have a plan to stop them, scheme them and execute. It’s not like Texans are 19-0 team. 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

See what i mean? Whe n the falcons come to town, how many dogs can you rattle off the top?

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’ve been questioning DQ since he choked on SB51, while many in here lauded him as our best coach ever....which I thought was nonsense. Shanny was mostly responsible for 2016 season, in spite of Quinn’s poor situational coaching.

Time for him to put up or be shown the door. I hope he figures it out, we don’t need to go thru another coaching administration with window closing. 

he maybe fired mid season if he has 2 more games like this. i think the breaking point will be if we lose to the Cardinals 

Edited by caponine

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I remember those, funny how every one underestimates what MS has done to this franchise. I wanted him gone towards the end but he overachieved with the talent. Had his team prepared to come and play every game.

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I remember those, funny how every one underestimates what MS has done to this franchise. I wanted him gone towards the end but he overachieved with the talent. Had his team prepared to come and play every game.

I know, it’s been pretty much you and me against the world last few years. 

5 hours ago, caponine said:

General laziness is a disease on this team. Not one player or coach can claim they are focused on getting the job done on Sundays.  

The one possible exception being Hooper, who is playing like an All-Pro.