2 minutes ago, vel said:

Nope. Go watch it. Devondre Campbell. He's clueless, per usual. It's 3rd & 15. Only two WRs to his side. He's lined up above the numbers, creating a massive hole in the middle of the field. Not that big of a deal. Yet, the WR he's lined up in front of starts running towards that hole at the snap while Campbell's first step is outside. Which makes entirely no sense because Oliver is over there. He's got no clue what he's doing until the ball is out and it's too late. Misses the tackle and Titans first down. 

He's been the most irritating player on defense for a while in my opinion. He never has a clue what's going on. If he wasn't 6'4, he's little different than Duke Riley. 

Rico missed too man. I didnt say he was the one but just one of them. We had 3 guys around who all sucked.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s every teams thinking in extreme long third down yardage. You drop everyone to the sticks and make them throw it underneath. At least this time we didn’t rush three and give the receivers tim

Can anyone explain to me why our coaches (DQ I am looking at you) think its smart to drop our defenders back 20 yards every time we have the other team in 3rd and long? I don't see any other team in t

We always go soft on 3rd and long. If you watched the saints last night (F*** saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy) the pressured the cowgirls on 3rd and long and even the hail Mary at the end of the game.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It’s every teams thinking in extreme long third down yardage. You drop everyone to the sticks and make them throw it underneath.

At least this time we didn’t rush three and give the receivers time to actually get beyond 15 yards.

It played out exactly the way it was supposed to. The guy caught the ball at lest ten yards short of the markers. The problem is guys forgot to make the tackle.

It looked like he was 12-13 yards downfield before anyone was even close enough to stop him. This is the play that made me turn on NFL RedZone

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Rico missed too man. I didnt say he was the one but just one of them. We had 3 guys around who all sucked.

Oh I know. It's just the whole thing could have been avoided before getting to Rico if Campbell played with the awareness of an 18 year old 7 on 7 All Star. The tackling was atrocious after that though. 

5 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

It looked like he was 12-13 yards downfield before anyone was even close enough to stop him. This is the play that made me turn on NFL RedZone

That was the other problem.  He caught it plenty short and then we just stood there.  Didn't attack it, and I have a guess that the long conversion they gave up last week against the Colts was in their head.  It literally looked like they were afraid to make the same mistake again.

4 hours ago, montanaman71 said:

The Titans did the same thing on a 3rd and long. I believe Sanu made the catch and almost got the first down. This allowed the falcons to try for a fourth down attempt. 

The thought is to keep everything in front and collapse on the ball. Problem is the falcons have been taking such poor angles and tackling so poorly that it is not working.

No one attacks. We corral the ball carrier like we are sheep dogs. Even when a receiver catches a short ball and his back is to the LB or DB we form a halo around him while he gains another 5 yards and someone finally comes in to make the tackle. To say that we strike fear into anyone would be laughable.

12 minutes ago, vel said:

Nope. Go watch it. Devondre Campbell. He's clueless, per usual. It's 3rd & 15. Only two WRs to his side. He's lined up above the numbers, creating a massive hole in the middle of the field. Not that big of a deal. Yet, the WR he's lined up in front of starts running towards that hole at the snap while Campbell's first step is outside. Which makes entirely no sense because Oliver is over there. He's got no clue what he's doing until the ball is out and it's too late. Misses the tackle and Titans first down. 

He's been the most irritating player on defense for a while in my opinion. He never has a clue what's going on. If he wasn't 6'4, he's little different than Duke Riley. 

Yep, I missed the first part of the game so I listened on the radio. Archer said the exact same thing. He couldn’t understand what he was doing by moving wider. Play call was fine but Campbell is killing us.

4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Can anyone explain to me why our coaches (DQ I am looking at you) think its smart to drop our defenders back 20 yards every time we have the other team in 3rd and long? I don't see any other team in the NFL do that EVER except at the very end of the game or half. Yet we do that garbage every time we get someone in 3rd and long.

We probably lose either way but when it was 7-7 and we gave up that 3rd down conversion that changed the game completely.

You see a lot of teams do it. The idea is to bate the other team to throw it underneath and everyone swarms to them.

There was a very obvious gap underneath and I assume that's where we were dictating the throw to go but DCambell came up too late  to make the hit. Which is baffling because the players should know what they are giving up to make the play. 

15 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Its actually common strategy. You play the sticks giving up the underneath while keeping the play in front of you. But the defense must swarm and make that tackle.

Disagree. Again, I don't see top notch defenses only sending 3-4 and dropping everyone else back that far presnap on a 3rd and 15. 

Any good defense is sending the dogs and making you get rid of it so your WRs can't run a route long enough to get the 1st.

Soft Defense is garbage defense.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Disagree. Again, I don't see top notch defenses only sending 3-4 and dropping everyone else back that far on a 3rd and 15.

Any good defense is sending the dogs and making you get rid of it so your WRs can't run a route long enough to get the 1st.

"Sending the dogs" will bite you just as bad. We've done that too.

I’m sure our opponent is equally as shocked as we are that we allowed them to convert.  

All we can do is try to find humor because if it weren’t so sad it’d be funny.

I’ve said this on multiple occasions that it actually looks as though we’re imploding on purpose.  I cannot imagine what’s going through AB’s mind while he witnesses this clown show just like any other nfl game watcher.  This is his franchise & I am certain that the wheels of change are beginning to turn in his mind.

We either light up the second quarter of the season or heads will roll.

Just now, E. T. said:

"Sending the dogs" will bite you just as bad. We've done that too.

I can live with attacking and getting beat. Someone like Brisset and Mariota are the guys you send the dogs at. Look at what the Jaguars did to him last week. Raiders just beat the Colts. Those are not good teams or good QBs.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I can live with attacking and getting beat. Someone like Brisset and Mariota are the guys you send the dogs at. Look at what the Jaguars did to him last week. Raiders just beat the Colts. Those are not good teams or good QBs.

Don't get me wrong. I understand your point. But this defense is not playing at a high level right now and we have to disguise a ton of our weaknesses. Blitzing and getting into the backfield is one of our weaknesses including tackling. Its almost like pick your poison. You blitz...you get burned. You play zone or the sticks...you get burned. Sucks.

I think we do it because Quinn expects our guys to make a tackle.  The main problem is our guys are missing the tackles, taking bad angles, etc.  In theory these soft zones work.  But it's like that 3rd and 15 from two weeks ago where we had 4 guys surrounding the man and Vic and Trufant overrun the play and it turns into a first down.

15 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Disagree. Again, I don't see top notch defenses only sending 3-4 and dropping everyone else back that far presnap on a 3rd and 15. 

They blitzed on both the Titans TD. 

4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Don't get me wrong. I understand your point. But this defense is not playing at a high level right now and we have to disguise a ton of our weaknesses. Blitzing and getting into the backfield is one of our weaknesses including tackling. Its almost like pick your poison. You blitz...you get burned. You play zone or the sticks...you get burned. Sucks.

And that is exactly what I am saying. I can live with attacking and getting burned. Be aggressive. What I can't stand is sitting back playing soft and praying you don't get beat. DQ is always preaching this type of stuff yet we never see it. Fire him already.

While it’s obviously impossible to overhaul the defensive scheme, I do find it funny that we run a “keep everything in front of you” defense with a bad defense.. 

so not only does the other team eventually score, but they chew up massive amounts of clock in the process and in turn minimize the strength of our team (offense) and keep them off the field 

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I wanted Quinn here even before we fired Smitty. I ended up being wrong and I'm willing to admit my mistake.

Now it's time the Falcons admit it and move on.

I want out next HC  to promise me/us this, he will have a power running game where 3rd and 4th and short will be no problem, a mean junkyard defense that teams fear,  time of possession team, and one that know how to manage the game and the click.

That is all...if you care to add to this feel free.

This is my kind of football. It's generally a formula for winning games...

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

And that is exactly what I am saying. I can live with attacking and getting burned. Be aggressive. What I can't stand is sitting back playing soft and praying you don't get beat. DQ is always preaching this type of stuff yet we never see it. Fire him already.

Firing him is not going to correct things. Veteran players who we're relying on to make plays are not getting it done and this is my theory to the madness going on. These players are on the slow decline and it shows in their play. The Falcons have some decisions to make after this season. 

5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Can anyone explain to me why our coaches (DQ I am looking at you) think its smart to drop our defenders back 20 yards every time we have the other team in 3rd and long? I don't see any other team in the NFL do that EVER except at the very end of the game or half. Yet we do that garbage every time we get someone in 3rd and long.

We probably lose either way but when it was 7-7 and we gave up that 3rd down conversion that changed the game completely.

Basically made the same post in the game thread yesterday. Unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

While it’s obviously impossible to overhaul the defensive scheme, I do find it funny that we run a “keep everything in front of you” defense with a bad defense.. 

so not only does the other team eventually score, but they chew up massive amounts of clock in the process and in turn minimize the strength of our team (offense) and keep them off the field 

I said this last week.  It's death by a thousand cuts!