Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

What do you think Dan Quinn could do differently with the players he has to get the defense balling?

51 posts in this topic

What do you think Dan Quinn should do with the defensive players he has that could turn the defense around this season?

Resign.

Seriously, he has had his shot 1-3 close to losing the season. Give somebody else a try. Since 77 have I never seen a Falcons team with so much talent play so lousy starting the season. The only victory was against the Eagles they were hit by injuries and the Falcons **** near gave it away. 5-11 is likely the most wins, but even 7-9 or 8-8 ought to get him canned. LOL there isn't 3 wins on the schedule under DQ much less 6 or 7. Fire him and they might save the season

Emmitt and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well when one of his players gets flagged for a joke of a call. Get in the frigging refs face and give them a ear full. I bet the players think Quinn does not fight for them. Quinn is way too nice. He does not play the defense to its ability. He plays them to keep the play in front of them. Needs to be aggressive and fast, let them attack the play!!!!

Falcons Fan MVP, Emmitt and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, prolikewhoa said:

Probably just start blitzing like crazy. F it, at this point. Time to play this "aggressive" football he keeps preaching. 

lol. We never get there.......

Edited by zekeyboy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He simply needs to stay the course. We’ve had some poor play mixed in with unlucky penalties and unfortunate ball rolls when we do force fumbles. 

But the effort and battle is there, and as king as that remains we have a chance for our luck and play to get on the right track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

He simply needs to stay the course. We’ve had some poor play mixed in with unlucky penalties and unfortunate ball rolls when we do force fumbles. 

But the effort and battle is there, and as king as that remains we have a chance for our luck and play to get on the right track.

I agree with the first paragraph but the effort and battle is not there. There is no intensity or “strain” or “urgency” or “intent”. There is lots of “missing the mark” tho. 

ATL Fan in the DMV and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Coach better

2. Repeat step 1. 

No, but seriously... he should call more man defense, dial up more blitzes on 3rd and long, do a better job disguising his coverage, and rotate Allen to SS, Kazee to FS and move Kemal back to depth. Sheffield should be able to play Nickel. For starters. But what do I know? 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach.

The team was unprepared for a contest yesterday.  When Davison started committing fouls, that was a clear signal he was either physically or mentally tired.  What did the coaching staff do?  Nothing.  Davison continued to play and continued to commit fouls.  When Freeman looked slow both running and cutting, what did we do? We passed for a while and then went back to Free.  The few carries Smith had he looked quick and fast.  What did we do?  Status quo.  We made the no decision move and sent Free out with the offense.  When our corners showed they could not cover, what did we do?  (Even if the backup is worse, you at least temporarily make the sub.  The message must be sent.)  We did nothing.  When Brown and Davis started lighting us up, what did our coaching staff do?  Nothing.  Same defense.  Same players.  No doubles.  No chips.  Nothing. 

This entire coaching staff has checked out.  I would be shocked to learn their resumes are not floating around the NFL at this point.

ATL Fan in the DMV and Emmitt like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play the best players. It gives us three best shot to win. Beasly is a cardboard cutout 99% of the game then acts silly when he actually makes a play. Hey ish out of the safety spot. I love his every but his talent doesn't match and for christ sakes. Cut Oliver. Dude is a joke. Bring in a free agent, try someone else,  I don't care as long ads they can cover. Rocky drew penalties, but st least he waded where he was dieterle to be and played aggressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

What do you think Dan Quinn should do with the defensive players he has that could turn the defense around this season? What should he scheme different? 

Clearly delineate responsibilities.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cole World said:

 

The "process" is NOT working. To continue to do the same thing every week, and watch it fail miserably 75% of the time should tell you that your "process" is flawwed. To not evolve and change, yet expect different results is just plain stupid. Someone needs to check their ego at the door. 

Emmitt and OilFuturesTrader19 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prolikewhoa said:

Probably just start blitzing like crazy. F it, at this point. Time to play this "aggressive" football he keeps preaching. 

 

2 hours ago, zekeyboy1 said:

lol. We never get there.......

Exactly. Two of those Mariota touchdowns were against blitzes. All the blitz did was take a man out of coverage and make his read that much easier.

 

We need to put more hands in the dirt and stop trying to be cute with these 3-4 looks. Takk looked like a completely different player agains the run on that 4th down stop. Pad level was incredible. He got underneath the offensive lineman and slashed right by him.

Abandon all those 3-4 looks and get Vic off the field in base. He’s a liability in space.

Did I mention abandon all those 3-4 looks with those exotic pressure where guys like Vic stand and move around and Grady is the only linemen... it hasn’t fooled anyone yet.

And he needs to mix the coverages better. Mariota is a one read quarterback. Every time his first read was covered he panicked and looked to take off. I can’t believe we actually had problems covering Tennessee’s mediocre receivers in man, but they are us up. We had success playing zone yesterday. The week before it was just the opposite.

DQ seems to be having a problem seeing what’s going on from field level. Might be time to hand the play sheet off to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prolikewhoa said:

Probably just start blitzing like crazy. F it, at this point. Time to play this "aggressive" football he keeps preaching. 

This. We aren't seeing the aggressiveness and heck he isn't calling plays that allow it. Giving cushion isn't aggressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its scheme and being poorly coached nothing was more indicative than the late 3rd and 16 conversion WHEN THEY HAD TO HAVE A FRICKIN STOP. Birdbrains rush 3 drop 8 all behind 10 yards Mariota completes easy 10-yard pass WR jukes, breaks tackles and gets the Ist down with ease. That is the Falcons defense in one play.

ATL Fan in the DMV and ukfalc like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, high impact said:

Well when one of his players gets flagged for a joke of a call. Get in the frigging refs face and give them a ear full. I bet the players think Quinn does not fight for them. Quinn is way too nice. He does not play the defense to its ability. He plays them to keep the play in front of them. Needs to be aggressive and fast, let them attack the play!!!!

I agree with that. Although he did fight for Julio in 2016 over that bogus non call. My favorite DQ moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

 

Exactly. Two of those Mariota touchdowns were against blitzes. All the blitz did was take a man out of coverage and make his read that much easier.

 

We need to put more hands in the dirt and stop trying to be cute with these 3-4 looks. Takk looked like a completely different player agains the run on that 4th down stop. Pad level was incredible. He got underneath the offensive lineman and slashed right by him.

Abandon all those 3-4 looks and get Vic off the field in base. He’s a liability in space.

Did I mention abandon all those 3-4 looks with those exotic pressure where guys like Vic stand and move around and Grady is the only linemen... it hasn’t fooled anyone yet.

And he needs to mix the coverages better. Mariota is a one read quarterback. Every time his first read was covered he panicked and looked to take off. I can’t believe we actually had problems covering Tennessee’s mediocre receivers in man, but they are us up. We had success playing zone yesterday. The week before it was just the opposite.

DQ seems to be having a problem seeing what’s going on from field level. Might be time to hand the play sheet off to someone else.

I think Manuel is still available. 

Club212 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0