This is fixable....

The O.D.B

10 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Yep, that's what I said last week........WTF!!!!

That is the frustrating thing....it is all fixable.

Bad ball security... Dropped TD passes, questionable penalties that extend opponents drives, stupid offensive penalties.

All fixable but they need to actually be....you know fixed.

Still lots and lots of football to play but The falcons need to right the ship pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

That is the frustrating thing....it is all fixable.

Bad ball security... Dropped TD passes, questionable penalties that extend opponents drives, stupid offensive penalties.

All fixable but they need to actually be....you know fixed.

Still lots and lots of football to play but The falcons need to right the ship pretty quickly.

Dirk Koetter isn't all of a sudden gonna start running an offense that schemes receivers open. Dan Quinn isn't all of a sudden gonna start running a defense that doesn't let every QB put up Madden like numbers against them. None of this **** is fixable with the current coaches we've got.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dirk Koetter isn't all of a sudden gonna start running an offense that schemes receivers open. Dan Quinn isn't all of a sudden gonna start running a defense that doesn't let every QB put up Madden like numbers against them. None of this **** is fixable with the current coaches we've got.

We have seen all of the coaches that we have now fix the issues that we have now.

None of this is new.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nailed it! But also, according to the Schultz article, the FO and coaching staff have admitted that they don’t know what’s wrong. Can’t fix something, if you don’t know what’s broken. Sad thing is, many of us fans know exactly what’s broken and some could probably come up with creative ways to fix it. But not this staff of Numerous former HC’s. 

That's what gets me about Koetter, he relies on our guys beating their man.  Every drive ends up being a grind, Matt has to throw into tight windows on almost every play, frustrating as h*ll to watch

Just now, falconsd56 said:

We have seen all of the coaches that we have now fix the issues that we have now.

None of this is new.

We have NEVER seen Dan Quinn fix any of the issues the Falcons have. The Falcons defense in year 5 under Dan Quinn is just as bad as the defense he inherited from Smitty after 2014.

Dirk Koetter's offense hasn't put up good numbers since 2015.

1 minute ago, EddieK said:

That's what gets me about Koetter, he relies on our guys beating their man.  Every drive ends up being a grind, Matt has to throw into tight windows on almost every play, frustrating as h*ll to watch

First two passes of the game were a perfect example of that. Julio and Ridley were covered like glue. Tennessee knew exactly what the offense was doing. How in the heIl we gonna have success and score points like that?

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

We have NEVER seen Dan Quinn fix any of the issues the Falcons have. The Falcons defense in year 5 under Dan Quinn is just as bad as the defense he inherited from Smitty after 2014.

Dirk Koetter's offense hasn't put up good numbers since 2015.

Yes we have.

When Quinn took over the defense in 2016 the defense went from giving up around 28 points a game to giv up around 19 pointa a game

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Yes we have.

When Quinn took over the defense in 2016 the defense went from giving up around 28 points a game to giv up around 19 pointa a game

19 points a game. Oh wow. A whole 19 points per game. That's great wonderful and epic and awesome and all of the above. Falcons under Smitty once had a defense give up only like 17 points a game and all they did was get blasted to the tune of 48 points in the playoffs. But I digress. Dan Quinn is a one year wonder.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Yes we have.

I believe that has a lot to do with the fact that our O was nearly unstoppable around that time. We made Opponents O 1 dimensional and forced them to try and keep up. That made Quinns job much easier. 

I recommend everyone just find teams to root on this season and we reconvene for the draft, which looks like it'll be very exciting for us. I'm going with the Lions and Jags. We couldn't be excited for the upcoming draft during the season last year because we had to worry about the Saints playing in our stadium for a Super Bowl.

What I do hope for is that TD saves his job by acquiring draft picks at the deadline. Only untouchables on this team for me are Julio, Ridley, Hooper, McGary, Lindstrom, Debo and Grady. EVERYONE else should be in trade discussions to prepare ourselves for 2020.

Edited by stizz

19 points a game. Oh wow. A whole 19 points per game. That's great wonderful and epic and awesome and all of the above. Falcons under Smitty once had a defense give up only like 17 points a game and all they did was get blasted to the tune of 48 points in the playoffs. But I digress. Dan Quinn is a one year wonder.

19 points a game in todays NFL is good.

You were wrong.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

I recommend everyone just find teams to root on this season and we reconvene for the draft, which looks like it'll be very exciting for us. I'm going with the Lions and Jags. We couldn't be excited for the upcoming draft during the season last year because we had to worry about the Saints playing in our stadium for a Super Bowl.

What I do hope for is that TD saves his job by acquiring draft picks at the deadline. Only untouchables on this team for me are Julio, Ridley, Hooper, McGary, Lindstrom, Debo and Grady. EVERYONE else should be in trade discussions to prepare ourselves for 2020.

Sorry, I can't root for another team

2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I believe that has a lot to do with the fact that our O was nearly unstoppable around that time. We made Opponents O 1 dimensional and forced them to try and keep up. That made Quinns job much easier. 

Part of the offense was the fact that the defense got turnovers at a great clip.

The defense and offense fed off of eachother

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

I recommend everyone just find teams to root on this season and we reconvene for the draft, which looks like it'll be very exciting for us. I'm going with the Lions and Jags. We couldn't be excited during the season last year because we had to worry about the Saints playing in our stadium for a Super Bowl.

I recommend that you go phuck yourself.

4 minutes ago, EddieK said:

Sorry, I can't root for another team

Teams that have a long history of losing that aren't rivals? If we can't win it all this year, what's wrong for hoping for the best for fanbases that have never won anything? Not like you're jumping on the bandwagon of the Patriots.