If Quinn Goes, What Players Should Realistically Go With Him?

If Quinn is fired soon, what players do we realistically see that can and should go with him?  And, whether you think Ryan with his contract is realistically possible of going, I would recommend using this thread for the other 52 on the roster.

I will start out with these names that should be obvious "goners" but would love to hear disagreement:

Beasley - Quinn basically put his name behind the guy and he has not impressed me 

Schaub - Do we really need him around for anything but preseason

Freeman - Is the guy just washed up and only hanging around because of Quinn

Trufant - a big contract to eat but really more harm on the field than off of it

Stockton - a perfect symbol of everything wrong with the offense this year

Schweitzer - please get us something better to back up center and guard

Also, I will mention 2 big FA names we really need to keep:

Hooper - one of the few that Ryan trusts and even a new QB would also

Sanu - a totally versatile guy that probably can play every position

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

If Quinn is fired soon, what players do we realistically see that can and should go with him?  And, whether you think Ryan with his contract is realistically possible of going, I would recommend using this thread for the other 52 on the roster.

I will start out with these names that should be obvious "goners" but would love to hear disagreement:

Beasley - Quinn basically put his name behind the guy and he has not impressed me 

Trufant - a big contract to eat but really more harm on the field than off of it

You said everything I came to say.

Add to this list, Keanu Neal.  Unfortunately, he's looking like another Willy Mo. He's a good guy, hard hitter, but I'm not sure if he'll ever rebound, mentally, from this most recent injury. Plus we probably cannot afford to keep him. 

Jake Matthews. If we can trade him that would be great. In his case, he never lived up to the hype, and it's time to move on. 

Ricardo Allen. Another good guy, but a so-so player. I hope I'm wrong and he proves me incorrect, but I just feel we could do better here and for cheaper. 

Both of the latter players just restructured and received cash bonuses so that Julio could sign his mega extension, and I'm no capologist, but it seems like getting rid of Matthews, and Allen could do more harm than good in rebuild mode.

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Schaub, every back up Lineman, all the rbs except Ollison, all the wide receivers except Julio Ridley and Gage,ALL THE Tightends

Defensively all Lineman except Grady Davison cominsky Bailey. All the linebackers except Debo and Grace.

All the defensive backs except Kazee starting free safety.

Every one in special teams.

EVERYBODY IN THE FRONT OFFICE... EXCEPT BLANK AND HE CHECKBOOK.

4 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Trade Ryan and rebuild everything. I love Ryan btw. Eagles had McNabb, quality QB but not a winner. People laughed at their franchise. They made moves. Birds follow birds who find food, except for falcons, I guess. I'm sick of losing.

Absolutely. There are some good QB's coming for this year's draft. It's time to move on while JJ still has his wheels. And at the rate things are moving we should have a very HIGH pick. NOW is the time to get that QB for the future. Problem is what team would be interested in trading for MR.     

If we are going to do this right we need to purge the costly contracts and start fresh with a new GM and Coaching Staff.

• Freeman...I would say good things about you but your missed block costed us a Ring. Not only did you cause a distraction SB week but you blew it. Then you proceed to be hurt and now look like complete toast. See ya.
  • Sanu is paid to much and we have 2 other WRs, I love you Mo but good luck in the future
  • Mack, Again, I love you and your our best O-Lineman..But you will be 34 next year and we need to start over. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
  • Beasley...Kick rocks you sorry sack of ****
  • Neal...Again, I love you but why pay a guy 10m to be on IR by week 3 every year? Remove the 5th year option and let him walk unless he is willing to sign for cheap on a prove it 1 year deal.
  • Trufant... Overpaid..See ya. June 1st designation

Short Leash and only kept due to contract not being cuttable: Matt Ryan and Jake Matthews

Get a top 10 pick this year and for the love of god get a pass rusher than can make a difference or a CB that can actually cover someone. We will suck again next year, and the goal is to be in a good position cap wise and compete in 2021. 

5 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Schaub, every back up Lineman, all the rbs except Ollison, all the wide receivers except Julio Ridley and Gage,ALL THE Tightends

Defensively all Lineman except Grady Davison cominsky Bailey. All the linebackers except Debo and Grace.

All the defensive backs except Kazee starting free safety.

Every one in special teams.

EVERYBODY IN THE FRONT OFFICE... EXCEPT BLANK AND HE CHECKBOOK.

Now I know some of y'all just type to be typing. How ANYONE could say anything bad about Hooper  and Sanu is just laughable.

Beasley, Riley, Freeman, Neal, Trufant and Boscher.

All of those guys get paid more than they are worth.  

Sanu should go.  I love the guy but money has to be spent elsewhere.   

Matt Ryan will be here for a while.  His contra ct pretty much seals the deal.  However, in a dream scenario, Ryan would be traded for a huge amount of draft assets.  I know that Matt is not the problem but we have to look at the timing of an apparent overhaul.  By the time we have the right roster and coaching staff, Ryan will be nothing more than ground beef.