Falconsfan567

Pete Carmichael

86 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Just to be Debbie Downer, just because a dude is a good playcaller doesn't mean he'll be a good head coach.

This one might be, sure.  Sean Payton wasn't a good head coach until someone hired him.  But he might not be.  For every Sean McVay or Sean Payton is a Todd Bowles, Steve Mariucci, Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Mularkey, Dirk Koetter ............... or Dan Quinn.

You can say that about every coach. You never know until you do. Also, don't see how you are saying Marty Schottenheimer isn't a good HC. By that same measure Andy Reid isn't a good HC.

Scott1988 and Sterling like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’d puke my brains out if we got a coach from the Saints to win us a super bowl.  

We wouldn’t hear the end of it. 

I think I would rather let murlarkey and dirk digger koetter run things and go 0-16 than to have a Taint Coach here. :lol:

KRUNKuno likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You can say that about every coach. You never know until you do. Also, don't see how you are saying Marty Schottenheimer isn't a good HC. By that same measure Andy Reid isn't a good HC.

Fair, I suppose.

If Andy Reid was available, I'd want to hire him here.  If Marty was available (and not old), I would have zero interest.  So that's probably subjective on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Fair, I suppose.

If Andy Reid was available, I'd want to hire him here.  If Marty was available (and not old), I would have zero interest.  So that's probably subjective on my end.

What's the difference between the two?

  • Schottenheimer = 21 Years = 200-126-1 (.613) Regular Season = 5-13 (.278) Playoffs = 13 Playoff Appearances, 2 Losing Seasons, No Super Bowl Appearances
  • Reid = 21 Years = 199-124-1 (.616) Regular Season = 12-14 (.462) Playoffs = 14 Playoff Appearances, 3 Losing Seasons, 1 Super Bowl Appearance (no wins)

Reid has had more playoff success but the majority of that came early in his career. Since 2009 his playoff record is only 2-7.

There's really no difference between the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What's the difference between the two?

  • Schottenheimer = 21 Years = 200-126-1 (.613) Regular Season = 5-13 (.278) Playoffs = 13 Playoff Appearances, 2 Losing Seasons, No Super Bowl Appearances
  • Reid = 21 Years = 199-124-1 (.616) Regular Season = 12-14 (.462) Playoffs = 14 Playoff Appearances, 3 Losing Seasons, 1 Super Bowl Appearance (no wins)

Reid has had more playoff success but the majority of that came early in his career. Since 2009 his playoff record is only 2-7.

There's really no difference between the two.

As I said, it's likely subjective.

I like Andy Reid's scheme, so that's a start.  But that's just me.  Ignore Schottenheimer if it makes the point clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

As I said, it's likely subjective.

I like Andy Reid's scheme, so that's a start.  But that's just me.  Ignore Schottenheimer if it makes the point clearer.

Alright. I don't care about scheme. I just want a coach who's gonna maximize the offensive talent we've got. That's why I want Pete Carmichael.

GhostofGritz and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sdogg said:

He as well as LeFleur are who I wanted to replace KS. 

Even if LeFleur left us this past year, it is just borderline ******** levels of stupid that we let him go after KS left... I can't make sense of it at all.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alright. I don't care about scheme. I just want a coach who's gonna maximize the offensive talent we've got. That's why I want Pete Carmichael.

Upside — he runs a scheme a lot like Reid’s

Falconsfan567 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’d puke my brains out if we got a coach from the Saints to win us a super bowl.  

We wouldn’t hear the end of it. 

Good point!! But even if Mr. Vicodin was our coach and we won the Super Bowl, I would take the lesser of two evils!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Nobody seemed to mind Morten kicking us into Super Bowl 33.

Mmmm that’s a little different to me.  Players switch teams all the time.  This guy is basically a Sean Payton understudy and that...ughhhh.

I’d take the championship, but I’m sure they wouldn’t let us hear the end of it...“oh you couldn’t win unless you took one of our guys blah blah blah...” 

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Mmmm that’s a little different to me.  Players switch teams all the time.  This guy is basically a Sean Payton understudy and that...ughhhh.

I’d take the championship, but I’m sure they wouldn’t let us hear the end of it...“oh you couldn’t win unless you took one of our guys blah blah blah...” 

I feel like I’ll die before I see a Falcons super bowl (age 32 now) so it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make with the sports gods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’d puke my brains out if we got a coach from the Saints to win us a super bowl.  

We wouldn’t hear the end of it. 

Or, would it be a wise move, since he’d have their entire playbook in hand? Something to consider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, k-train said:

You are making my point for me.

If he's such hot ****, why hasn't he been offered & agreed to take one of these HC jobs he's interviewed for?

It's one of two things...
A. He's not actually that great of a HC candidate
B. The Saints are buttering his bread extra heavy to keep him from leaving (ala McDaniels in New England)

Pretty much both A and B. 

Ever worked a job you loved? 

The boss is your friend, you loved said job so much that you perform very well... thus meaning that you have max job security, several pay raises, and a near zero chance of getting fired.

Like most Americans, that hate their jobs and work for an ***hole boss, most people would be lucky to have that kind of stability.

Edited by The best NFC South team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’d puke my brains out if we got a coach from the Saints to win us a super bowl.  

We wouldn’t hear the end of it. 

Meh, I don't know, bro. Right now I'd agree to somebody arriving even from the 7th level of Dante's Inferno if he could get this team a Lombardi Trophy before I croak. :(

thanat0s and Flyin' In DC like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Mmmm that’s a little different to me.  Players switch teams all the time.  This guy is basically a Sean Payton understudy and that...ughhhh.

I’d take the championship, but I’m sure they wouldn’t let us hear the end of it...“oh you couldn’t win unless you took one of our guys blah blah blah...” 

He was a understudy of Marty Schottenheimer long before he hooked up with Sean Payton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I wouldn't give two ***** if we hired Satan himself and the Falcons won the Super Bowl.

I have it on good authority that Satan is a defense mastermind and a cap wiz. I'm down!!

 

Zzzzz and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could get behind Carmichael but Id also consider this team might need a veteran previous HC that has some weight, who that would be I dont know, but this team isnt just being out schemed they aren't where they need to be mentally each week. At least most of them aren't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I could get behind Carmichael but Id also consider this team might need a veteran previous HC that has some weight, who that would be I dont know, but this team isnt just being out schemed they aren't where they need to be mentally each week. At least most of them aren't 

Here's the thing, what "veteran" previous head coaches are out there? All the available guys were fired because they were horrible head coaches. You don't have to be a previous veteran head coach to be able to come in an instill discipline to a team. We saw that with Smitty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

He was a understudy of Marty Schottenheimer long before he hooked up with Sean Payton.

 

He's a Marty ball disciple????

 

You're scaring me now lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

@DawnOfThemBirds Yes, Pete Carmichael actually calls plays in New Orleans and has for a while now.

 

 

Didn't know that.

 

I was always led to believe that it was Payton calling the plays for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now