Falcons Last Offseason

Vandy

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Falcons had a Top 5 NFL offense, and a bottom 5 NFL defense. 

So what do TD/DQ do? Fire their OC, spend most of their tight free agent cap on two meh OGs and Ty Sambrito, and expend their two 1st round picks on offensive lineman. Then pay their worst defensive player from that season, Vic Beasley, nearly $13M. 

And I asked WTF? And TAFT said there was a plan. 

Youve been driven to drink.

To be fair noone said it was a GOOD plan.

9 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Everyone was against Vic Beasley signing.

I dont recollect anyone agreeing to this.

Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff wont be  on Falcons roster.

And former may be fired by week 8

Beasley, yeah most were against.

But ignoring defense early in draft while signing and drafting OL all over the place was applauded by majority of posters in TAFT.

2 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Blank's over-loyalty to players and making everyone an overpaid Falcon-for-life has bit this team in the butt.  Stop falling in love with MF-ers and make shrewd business and football decisions.

Yeah, kind of makes it hard to work any deals when the owner pulls that out in the open. 

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The OL depth helped this season. Now changing of OC didn't work out. I have always said DQ will die or live with Vic Beasley's decision. To be fair no one saw huge downgrade in coaching from DQ.

But it hasn’t 007. Our OL has been worse this year than last season. 

Lindstom injury was unfortunate, but we reached for him plus needed D much more with that valuable pick. 

I guess they thought live and die with Ryan and Julio.

Protect the house money.

Coaching was my whole thing this off season.

They bought in experience and that’s looked like an absolute mistake right now.Its almost as though DQ has signed his own death warrant.He doesn’t want the responsibility on that side of the ball and his side is getting pounded.

DQ what are you here for.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

But it hasn’t 007. Our OL has been worse this year than last season. 

Lindstom injury was unfortunate, but we reached for him plus needed D much more with that valuable pick. 

I rewatched Vandy, Some of it has to do with WR not being open and long developing routes. They outsmarted themselves on the offense. I am more concerned about Defense when this team has spent too much draft capital over the years and still hasn't fielded a top D. 

12 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Everyone was against Vic Beasley signing.

I dont recollect anyone agreeing to this.

Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff wont be  in flowery branch.

And former may be fired by week 8

It will take at least 2 years with the right head coach/New GM to fix the damage at this point! Blank should have acted after 28-3! 2019 is impossibly to late!

Just now, falcons007 said:

I rewatched Vandy, Some of it has to do with WR not being open and long developing routes. They outsmarted themselves on the offense. I am more concerned about Defense when this team has spent too much draft capital over the years and still hasn't fielded a top D. 

I hear you 007. 

We've made 2 mediocre QBs look like all-pros the past two weeks. 

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Falcons had a Top 5 NFL offense, and a bottom 5 NFL defense in 2018.

So what do TD/DQ do? Fire their OC, spend most of their tight free agent cap on two meh OGs and Ty Sambrito, and then spend their two most important draft picks on even more offensive lineman. Then pay their worst defensive player from that season, Vic Beasley, nearly $13M. 

And I asked WTF were they doing? And TAFT said there was a plan. 

I thought the Falcons never do wrong by you. Lol :D