The 2016 Falcons are long gone...

BloodBurgerOne

And we gotta let them go because they were an anomaly in what this franchise actually is. Sooner we can stop comparing them to the team we have now, the easier it will be to move forward with what we've actually got, even though the faces you see on the field now are mostly what we were working with then. Obviously, one can attribute that season's success to Mr. Shanahan, but he's long gone too and I took a little time to vent inward and evaluate what's left and what I think we should keep. Gonna start with the front office and just work down.

THE BRASS

Arthur Blank - Keep him... For obvious reasons and duh, you can't get rid of him cause he's the owner lol.

Thomas Dimitroff - Some may disagree, but I think you keep him. He's been pretty good about getting us some talent.

Dan Quinn and his entire staff - Fire them all. They did some great things for us, but its not working anymore. Time for us to move on.

THE PLAYERS (Burn it down outside of these guys)

Matt Ryan - If you think #2 is the issue you gotta wrap your head around the fact that he's not. You really want Schaub calling the shots out there? I'll pass. I do say draft a QB soon though.

OLine - Keep the 2 rookies and Mack for knowledge and guidance, boot the rest.

RBs - Its time to let go of Freeman. He's not the guy we used to know anymore. Yes this is mostly due to having a weak line, but Ito has looked better running behind the same 5. He's your starter and future at the position.

WRs/TE - Keep Julio, Sanu, Ridley and Hooper. Burn the rest. Those 4 are MORE than enough to carry a competent offense given the right playcaller.

K/P - A healthy Bosher and Bryant are fine. Keep them.

DLine - Keep Grady, burn the rest. Yes. Takk included. Jarrett is the only one worth keeping.

LB - Same thing as the DLine here. We only have 1 good one. Deion Jones.

Secondary - Keep Rico and Kazee. Burn the rest. Not sure if Neal will be productive again. Hoping I'm wrong.

So basically I think we have a few good players and a really bad coaching staff. Or not even really bad, they've just become ineffective. Hopefully they rally and change my mind over the next 3 quarters of the season but as any real Falcons fan knows, you gotta check your expectations at the door and never hold your breath.

Just now, quotemokc said:

Bosher is never healthy and takes too long to get his punts off.

Would be shocked if he got another contract with us.

I don't know. I don't feel like its a huge area of concern. Like our problems are much deeper than the kickers. Eventually you replace him (and Bryant) but I think they're both ok for now.

Just now, BloodBurgerOne said:

I don't know. I don't feel like its a huge area of concern. Like our problems are much deeper than the kickers. Eventually you replace him (and Bryant) but I think they're both ok for now.

Bosher is one of the reasons teams have been getting great field position when they start with the ball. He is also costing us 2mil in cap space.

This is the last year of his contract so it should be a moot point.

Matthews is being kept whether you like it or not, he literally just got resigned. Keep Takk, he’s the only guy on the edge that can generate any sort of pressure. And Bosher would already be gone if he didn’t have any guaranteed money left. Also need to keep looking for a successor for Bryant. And of course we can’t let 40 guys go lol so a lot of people you want gone will be staying whether that’s a good thing or not. 

2 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

And the part of staff that was responsible for getting us to the SB in '16 are now head coaches elsewhere. The part of the staff that were just along for the ride are still here.

At least we kept the person that failed to put the defense in position to hold onto the lead. I felt like my best friend stole my girlfriend. Then laughed in my face about it. 

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Matthews is being kept whether you like it or not, he literally just got resigned. Keep Takk, he’s the only guy on the edge that can generate any sort of pressure. And Bosher would already be gone if he didn’t have any guaranteed money left. Also need to keep looking for a successor for Bryant. And of course we can’t let 40 guys go lol so a lot of people you want gone will be staying whether that’s a good thing or not. 

Well obviously you can't let everyone go. This is just my opinion on who should go based on what I've seen over 4 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

LOL.

Bosher has had more punts blocked than any other active punter in the NFL and that's "fine"???

The once clutch Bryant is now clanking chip shot FGs off the uprights & has made just 60% of his attempts this year, but that's "fine"???

39 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

And we gotta let them go because they were an anomaly in what this franchise actually is. Sooner we can stop comparing them to the team we have now, the easier it will be to move forward with what we've actually got, even though the faces you see on the field now are mostly what we were working with then. Obviously, one can attribute that season's success to Mr. Shanahan, but he's long gone too and I took a little time to vent inward and evaluate what's left and what I think we should keep. Gonna start with the front office and just work down.

THE BRASS

Arthur Blank - Keep him... For obvious reasons and duh, you can't get rid of him cause he's the owner lol.

Thomas Dimitroff - Some may disagree, but I think you keep him. He's been pretty good about getting us some talent.

Dan Quinn and his entire staff - Fire them all. They did some great things for us, but its not working anymore. Time for us to move on.

Matt Ryan - If you think #2 is the issue you gotta wrap your head around the fact that he's not. You really want Schaub calling the shots out there? I'll pass. I do say draft a QB soon though.

RBs - Its time to let go of Freeman. He's not the guy we used to know anymore. Yes this is mostly due to having a weak line, but Ito has looked better running behind the same 5. He's your starter and future at the position.

WRs/TE - Keep Julio, Sanu, Ridley and Hooper. Burn the rest. Those 4 are MORE than enough to carry a competent offense given the right playcaller.

DLine - Keep Grady, burn the rest. Yes. Takk included. Jarrett is the only one worth keeping.

Secondary - Keep Rico and Kazee. Burn the rest. Not sure if Neal will be productive again. Hoping I'm wrong.

So basically I think we have a few good players and a really bad coaching staff. Or not even really bad, they've just become ineffective. Hopefully they rally and change my mind over the next 3 quarters of the season but as any real Falcons fan knows, you gotta check your expectations at the door and never hold your breath.

You are holding on to your homerism with everything you got! 

Thomas Dimitroff must go too! He simply cannot build a strong physical team! (See Current Falcons OL and DL!) (He also overpays players underserving see Freeman and Beasley contracts!) And far too many of his picks have been bust or underachievers!

of Course you are correct that Quinn and his entire staff and anyone else all the way down to the towel boys and the hotdog vendors that worked for the team during 28-3 must go!!!

Ryans fate will be determined solely by the new HC and New Front office ? He may be traded for draft picks if some team is dumb enough to take his outrageously overpaid salary but if he reminds a young QB stud will be drafted very early that will immediately challenge him for the starting role! 

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

47 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

THE BRASS

AMAZING ASSESSMENT, I SAY EXACTLY THE SAME‼️‼️‼️‼️

10 minutes ago, k-train said:

LOL.

Bosher has had more punts blocked than any other active punter in the NFL and that's "fine"???

The once clutch Bryant is now clanking chip shot FGs off the uprights & has made just 60% of his attempts this year, but that's "fine"???

Its like a hockey goalie. He should be your last line of defense. If we had a competent offense and defense the kickers wouldn't be an issue. There's a lot in that post I wrote and I feel like all of it is more significant than Bosher and Bryant.

Edited by BloodBurgerOne

50 minutes ago, BloodBurgerOne said:

THE BRASS

I'll add this to, 

I think I'll problem start from the top of the organization with Arthur Blank and his mentality. He falls in love with players too much instead of keeping things strictly business. And the effects of the Mike Vick debacle still affect us because blank never wanted us to touch any players that had a Mean Streak but that also had even the slightest off-the-field issue but this is the NFL not lacrosse you need those type of guys on your team just look at the Saints defense. the mentality the blank has as far as falling in love players is okay for fans but not for the owner.  example even though Matt Ryan and Julio Jones of the faces of the franchise in my opinion Matt Ryan should have been given a 2-year prove it deal and we should have drafted Lamar Jackson and when Julio started to become a problem with his contract we should have traded him for an elite pass-rusher like Von Miller and a late draft pick. Those two things would have freed up more money to put more Elite Talent on the defense remember defenses win championships not offenses unless you're the 99 St Louis Rams. See the thing is we love guys on a defense but the reality is between Debo and Grady Jarrett we have no Elite Defenders out there (Rico is good but not elite