Usually I feel like the Falcons can comeback and make the playoffs

Evidently they are not asking Ryan what they should do... And if they're not ,, You can forget it this year. We have always had a better team when we had a O# minded Head Coach. I've said it a dozen times in the last year.. A great O# makes a GREAT D# .. And why this year we have neither.. We've always at least had an O# to look forward to.. This year it has ran a muck ....   Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought this team could look this bad this year !!!     :yikes:

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Good luck with explaining that approach.

Personally I think it's a little early for that but I do think it's almost inevitable.

While things could get turned around I see too many problems.  And I think they're schematic on defense.  I don't think the system works anymore. 

It's been 4 games and we know what we have.  And that's a bad football team.

I just hope the season won't end like 2018.... the team was terribly undercoached in 2018, injuries or not... DQ should have been fired, instead we won the completely meaningless last 3 games... DQ somehow could make a case for returning, we dropped by 10 in the draft, got ourself out of position to draft a premier defender, overreached for OL in a weak OL draft and even had to trade up to get another guy, losing a 3rd rounder.

Not to mention that DQ fired everyone and basically brought in Koetter for this one year until just everyone is fired again, including DQ this time.

Those 3 "wins"  at the end of 2018 set the franchise back a full year and more. We lost draft capital, we lost a chance for premier talent, we wasted another year with a walking dead HC but brought in a new OC just to be fired after 1 season. I am not the biggest Ryan fan but I can see his frustration. He absolutely knows that the garbage he has to play will be gone in 3 months anyway.

Those wins were a desaster for the team.

Edited by Herr Beast
1 minute ago, Herr Beast said:

I just hope the season won't end like 2018.... the team was terribly undercoached in 2018, injuries or not... DQ should have been fired, instead we won the completely meaningless last 3 games... DQ somehow could make a case for returning, we dropped by 10 in the draft, got ourself out of position to draft a premier defender, overreached for OL in a weak OL draft and even had to trade up to get another guy, losing a 3rd rounder.

Not to mention that DQ fired everyone and basically brought in Koetter for this one year until just everyone is fired again, including DQ this time.

Those 3 "wins"  at the end of 2018 set the franchise back a full year and more. We lost draft capital, we lost a chance for premier talent, we wasted another year with a walking dead HC but brought in a new OC just to be fired after 1 season. Those wins were a desaster for the team.

But hey there was that offseason momentum, right?

Hopefully the Vikings game destroyed that myth but I’m sure I’ll have to mention it at the end of this season.

This season isn’t over but every game sucks more life out of the fanbase.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But hey there was that offseason momentum, right?

Hopefully the Vikings game destroyed that myth but I’m sure I’ll have to mention it at the end of this season.

This season isn’t over but every game sucks more life out of the fanbase.

If anything, that offseason momentum led to even worse pregame preparation. And imo there was no offseason momentum anyway, that was just talk. Every team claims offseason momentum.

I predicted 6-10 before the Vikings game and that might have been too optimistic.

5 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

I am not the biggest Ryan fan but I can see his frustration. He absolutely knows that the garbage he has to play will be gone in 3 months anyway.

The image that said EVERYTHING to me yesterday happened on the 4th down where Freeman ran straight up the middle into the teeth of the Titans D and had no chance of converting.

Did you see #2? He was practically sitting on the sideline bench before the officials had even made the call that the ball was short.

Now don't get me wrong here, it was CLEARLY short, you could see that play had no shot from the second the handoff happened.

But in nearly 15 years of watching him in both college and the NFL, I have NEVER seen Matt Ryan leave the field before the full set of downs is officially complete. He didn't even wait for the refs, just walked away. 

I was pretty furious/indignant when I watched it happen live. You're the leader of the team, you keep your butt out there regardless.

But it does speak to a level of frustration I'ver never seen from him before. It really seems like he's given up. 

I've seen enough Falcons team's to identify when we are no good. We are no good. Can we turn it around? Sure, from a purely theoretical perspective it's possible, but so many aspects of the team have to improve for us to even look like a "good" team that the probability of us making the playoffs seem like they are easily in the single digits atm. 

Yep....I'm looking at the upcoming schedule. Maybe we win at AZ?...but other than that...a bunch of losses are on the way. 2-8 is staring us in the face. Then we got TB at home. 

I would love to see this team get the #1 draft pick...axe freeman...get best RB with overall #1 pick. OL in the 2nd. Fire Quinn.  New coaching staff....instant improvement.