lju713

GM replacement list?

45 posts in this topic

Time to go for an innovative hire, like the Braves and Hawks have recently. I’m not sure who that is, but I’d start by looking in the Steelers and Ravens organizations, or heaven help me, the -choke- Saints. 

sdogg and Chitown2ATL_Falcon like this

If we are to go we don’t need innovative we need vet experienced hence why I’m a big proponent of getting Bill Polian out from behind whatever job he’s doing.

Hes done it all in the game seen just about everything.Won Lost rebuilt expansion that lot.Identifies talent HOF resume get him out of retirement.

I’d do the same at the HCing position aswell.No more young inexperienced guys give me a guy with a resume whose offensive minded.

I’d try and entice Andy Reid away from KC if we could.

lju713 likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If we are to go we don’t need innovative we need vet experienced hence why I’m a big proponent of getting Bill Polian out from behind whatever job he’s doing.

Hes done it all in the game seen just about everything.Won Lost rebuilt expansion that lot.Identifies talent HOF resume get him out of retirement.

I’d do the same at the HCing position aswell.No more young inexperienced guys give me a guy with a resume whose offensive minded.

I’d try and entice Andy Reid away from KC if we could.

I don’t agree with the GM take, but we missed badly not getting a shot at Andy. He and Matt would be an unstoppable combination.  The man is as close as the league has to the genius of Bill Walsh. 

sdogg and lju713 like this

12 minutes ago, lju713 said:

The Eagles,Chiefs,Ravens,and Pats have all drafted good over the last decade. Mainly in the trenches, and that's where TD has failed as a GM

Have they though? Fans say that these teams "drafted" well but have huge holes on their rosters just like us. Btw do not pick anyone from the Pats, they draft like *** and the only reason they are good is because BB is a magician at getting other teams players and turning them to all-pros, he himself though sucks *** at drafting. If you dont believe me go look at the guys they drafted the last 10 years, its ugly.

26 minutes ago, lju713 said:

The Eagles,Chiefs,Ravens,and Pats have all drafted good over the last decade. Mainly in the trenches, and that's where TD has failed as a GM

TD came over from the Pats

Teams make mistakes thinking that they'll have some of that "Patriots Way" to rub off on them through GM and HC hires from the Pats personnel.

It's all Kraft and Belichick. Mostly Belichick though.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I don’t agree with the GM take, but we missed badly not getting a shot at Andy. He and Matt would be an unstoppable combination.  The man is as close as the league has to the genius of Bill Walsh. 

That's pushing it.  In 152 games, Walsh won three superbowls, built a dynasty and revolutionized the game.

Reid has coached in about 350 games and zero championships.  Reid's teams put up numbers in the regular season and then falter.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

hes not the solution either

Why not?  He didn't pick Quinn and Quinn has final say on the roster.  

TD has basically been a administrator since Mike Smith was fired.  Blank and Quinn have been running the personnel show.

3 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Why not?  He didn't pick Quinn and Quinn has final say on the roster.  

TD has basically been a administrator since Mike Smith was fired.  Blank and Quinn have been running the personnel show.

Pioli?

1 minute ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Got the ef on lol .. He not tryna fix this train wreck 

Yeah but what I meant was I thought he was a big hand in drafting, etc. I don't think Quinn and AB are just going past him and doing whatever. or maybe they are **** I dunno what the crap is happening over there lol

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yeah but what I meant was I thought he was a big hand in drafting, etc. I don't think Quinn and AB are just going past him and doing whatever. or maybe they are **** I dunno what the crap is happening over there lol

That man left of his own accord :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/sports/football/assistant-general-manager-scott-pioli-leaves-the-falcons/Wjtaoz63NhJl4cyGvxPc3J/amp.html

Pacific_Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yeah but what I meant was I thought he was a big hand in drafting, etc. I don't think Quinn and AB are just going past him and doing whatever

Quinn reports directly to Blank - TD and Pioli have been essentially advisers.  If Pioli tried to force a player on Quinn he would have been fired.

While he was here, he had no real power beyond running the scouting.

Edited by JeffAtl
Pacific_Falcon likes this

14 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

That's pushing it.  In 152 games, Walsh won three superbowls, built a dynasty and revolutionized the game.

Reid has coached in about 350 games and zero championships.  Reid's teams put up numbers in the regular season and then falter.

If your only mark of who is a great coaching mind is having won a super bowl, I’m afraid you couldn’t hire anyone to fill that. He has over **EDIT: 200 wins, not 300 (typo)**, and outside of year one in Philly, has only had 2 losing seasons in 21 years, and coached 26 playoff games.

Would anyone take Gruden over Andy as a coach? How about Billick? Or Peterson, for that matter? Highly doubtful. 

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

If your only mark of who is a great coaching mind is having won a super bowl, I’m afraid you couldn’t hire anyone to fill that. He has over 300 wins, and outside of year one in Philly, has only had 2 losing seasons in 21 years, and coached 26 playoff games.

Would anyone take Gruden over Andy as a coach? How about Billick? Or Peterson, for that matter? Highly doubtful. 

He has 200 wins, not 300.  His winning percentage is .616 which is about a 10-6 avg.  

Reid is looking great now because of Mahomes.  At the time he was available (he was fired as coach and de-facto GM at Philly), he wasn't such a hot commodity.

4 hours ago, quotemokc said:

TD isn't the problem

Yes he is, 11 years and he cannot evaluate talent on the OL and DL.

No matter who the coach is our OL and DL sucks. We have WAY to many busts along both lines since TD has got here.

sdogg and Doctor Kildare like this