How do we get Nick Saban or.....McDaniels

matty72780

3 minutes ago, TheJudge said:

Anybody that thinks a college coach is the answer to the Falcons' problems, is quite frankly, dumber than a bag of hammers.  Have you not seen how that approach has worked in the past?

I think Saban would be succesful in the pros. But he is never gonna leave Bama so it doesnt matter

3 minutes ago, TheJudge said:

Anybody that thinks a college coach is the answer to the Falcons' problems, is quite frankly, dumber than a bag of hammers.  Have you not seen how that approach has worked in the past?

Seems to have worked pretty well for Seattle. I also said NICK SABAN, he’s created the most dominant dynasty in sporting history (between Bama & Pats). Pretty sure if we could ever lure Saban out of the college ranks we could use all those hammers you mentioned to nail down a few championships. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Was Saban successful the first time he was in the pros?

That wasnt his fault. He took over a team with no QB and made it clear he wanted this young dude from SD named Drew Brees. The owner refused and signed a washed up Culpepper instead. Nobody would have won with an old, washed up Culpepper

Edited by LouDog

7 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Seems to have worked pretty well for Seattle. I also said NICK SABAN, he’s created the most dominant dynasty in sporting history (between Bama & Pats). Pretty sure if we could ever lure Saban out of the college ranks we could use all those hammers you mentioned to nail down a few championships. 

Pete Carroll was already a former 2-time NFL HC before he became HC at USC.

Also, creating a dynasty in college football is much different than creating one in the NFL.

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Pete Carroll was already a former 2-time NFL HC before he became HC at USC.

Also, creating a dynasty in college football is much different than creating one in the NFL.

Nobody is saying it’s not different. All I’m saying is that Nick Saban would do better than Dan Quinn. Period.  He’s also the only college coach I think upgrading to NFL would make sense. And in fairness, Nick Saban has done something no one else ever has at the collegiate level, so I’d say he’s more than an impressive candidate. 

Just now, matty72780 said:

Nobody is saying it’s not different. All I’m saying is that Nick Saban would do better than Dan Quinn. Period.  He’s also the only college coach I think upgrading to NFL would make sense. And in fairness, Nick Saban has done something no one else ever has at the collegiate level, so I’d say he’s more than an impressive candidate. 

What would makes you think that Saban would do better than Quinn or any other current NFL HC?

Saban didn't get the QB that he wanted in Brees, but there were also a lot more problems with that Dolphins team than the QB position.