Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lostnmexico

Schultz: Falcons’ problems go deeper than anybody could’ve imagined

GettyImages-1172266293-e1569798552797-1024x713.jpg
By Jeff Schultz 58m agocomment-icon.png 29
It’s not just bad when a team loses. It’s bad when nobody knows why. Or how to fix it. Or where to go from here. Or when so many around town apparently have stopped paying attention, unless the Falcons’ game Sunday just happened to coincide with Bring An Empty Seat With You Day.

It’s bad when players repeat the same empty clichés because after three faceplants in four weeks they still can’t offer any insight. It’s bad when the head coach is asked about another slow start and responds, “I wish I had a real clear answer for that.” It’s bad when even high-level members of the organization who are accustomed to dissecting problems are giving you blank stares to the question “What’s wrong?”

The Falcons are 1-3 at the quarter-turn of the season. But the problems only start there.

When it’s a different problem every week … when two of the losses have come to teams (Indianapolis and Tennessee) that are 2-4 in non-Falcons...
Edited by lostnmexico

14 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

It’s not just bad when a team loses. It’s bad when nobody knows why. Or how to fix it. Or where to go from here. Or when so many around town apparently have stopped paying attention, unless the Falcons’ game Sunday just happened to coincide with Bring An Empty Seat With You Day.

It’s bad when players repeat the same empty clichés because after three faceplants in four weeks they still can’t offer any insight. It’s bad when the head coach is asked about another slow start and responds, “I wish I had a real clear answer for that.” It’s bad when even high-level members of the organization who are accustomed to dissecting problems are giving you blank stares to the question “What’s wrong?”

The Falcons are 1-3 at the quarter-turn of the season. But the problems only start there.

When it’s a different problem every week … when two of the losses have come to teams (Indianapolis and Tennessee) that are 2-4 in non-Falcons...

Its 8:30p and I'm just getting a chance to watch the game. 24-10 with 3 mins left in 3rd quarter... 

This isn't going to be popular for the homer or rose colored glasses crowed. Coaches have no clue. Offensively this is very vanilla a d stupid. 

I said it a lot last year and enough times this year. Julio and Sanu should never be off the field by design. Freeman as a RB is DONE. Matt Ryan looks as if he has seen better days. So many throw aways. How can you have Julio and Sanu and Ridley and Hooper and can't find 1 open guy. 

Like this article says. The coach speak and players echoing it has gotten old. You need a RB thst adds a different dimension. You need a "Fresh" offensive mind. You need a QB that can do more than go through the motions. 

Edited by isproab

Just now, SoldMySoul said:

Thanks coastie.

Welcome.  Figured it was as dumb as your statement.  Neither 2 or 11 had a turnover or allowed 24 points in the first half.  That’s more points by TN than they scored in any of their first three games and we allowed it to happen in a half.

7 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

That’s because they don’t know how to fix it. The message has gone stale. It would have gotten fixed or better by now. It’s gotten worse since last year.  Kellen Moore as a first year OC has turned the Cowboys offense into one of the best in the league. We’ve taken five steps back. 

Quinn is truly a man that doesn’t know how to right the ship IMO. Since Shanny left, his hiring/firing of coordinators have made zero sense and I don’t think he knows what to do anymore. His hiring of a bunch of retreads in Mularkey, Koetter, Knapp reeked of desperation and a cry for help. Our identity is non existent and once Smitty lost that, we know what happened there. 

I really like Quinn. I hate that it’s come to this. But it’s time for a change.

Go Braves. They’re worth your attention. They’re playing for something. I mean dam. They’re playing fall playoff baseball next Thursday. Come down to the basement. Like it or not it’s still America’s game. Families don’t take their wives and children to football games on the regular but they still do to baseball games. 

30 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Maybe they should carry placards out on the field with slogans like "We are a Brotherhood".  

Or maybe they should invite some Navy Seals to the sidelines.  You know how they inspire our players.  

Perhaps they can wear ear buds during the game with a music list, selected by the player that doesn’t commit a penalty