Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

How good teams win? BB doesn’t depend on QB

44 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

In 2001, AFCG 115 yards, 0TD. SB 145 yards, 1 TD. Wow, what a great QB performance. QB rating in 80s for both games. Defense with 3 crucial turnovers in SB against greatest show on turf.

In 2003, AFCD 51% completion, 201 yards , 1 TD . AFCG 59% , 237 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. SB.  354, 3 TD and 1 Int. Defense played a crucial role in stopping and winning the SB. Defense also forced two fumbles in SB. 

In 2004, 144, 207 and 236 yards with 1,2,2 TD in post season. Defense created 4 Turn overs in SB with in a 3 point game.

I watched those games, the Pats D made crucial plays and carried the team. Tom Brady was game manager early on. 

 

Yep.

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Matt has been carrying this team for years. Not sure why he keeps signing those extensions.

That’s cap . Matt was a dud until 2016 . Matt literally hasn’t carried a team ever in life 08-12 , Turner, RW, Gonzo & good OLs. 
 

13,14,15 .. he didn’t do **** because we didn’t have the pieces for him to succeed(because he isn’t a QB who can carry) . 
 

16,17 .. Big weapons on O, solid OL & defense . He shines . 
 

18 & 19 .. he’s a dud . Y’all Matt lovers give his slightly above , unathletic azzz way too much credit & no I’m not a Mike Vick fan either . -___-

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That’s cap . Matt was a dud until 2016 . Matt literally hasn’t carried a team ever in life 08-12 , Turner, RW, Gonzo & good OLs. 
 

13,14,15 .. he didn’t do **** because we didn’t have the pieces for him to succeed(because he isn’t a QB who can carry) . 
 

16,17 .. Big weapons on O, solid OL & defense . He shines . 
 

18 & 19 .. he’s a dud . Y’all Matt lovers give his slightly above , unathletic azzz way too much credit & no I’m not a Mike Vick fan either . -___-

Lol

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That’s cap . Matt was a dud until 2016 . Matt literally hasn’t carried a team ever in life 08-12 , Turner, RW, Gonzo & good OLs. 
 

13,14,15 .. he didn’t do **** because we didn’t have the pieces for him to succeed(because he isn’t a QB who can carry) . 
 

16,17 .. Big weapons on O, solid OL & defense . He shines . 
 

18 & 19 .. he’s a dud . Y’all Matt lovers give his slightly above , unathletic azzz way too much credit & no I’m not a Mike Vick fan either . -___-

That’s some serious comedy. Out side of 2008-2009. There isn’t even an argument.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That’s some serious comedy. Out side of 2008-2009. There isn’t even an argument.

It definitely is , I even stated why .. but I’m not gonna debate you . Like you said it isn’t an argument . Lol . I don’t love any of these guys . I’m a Falcon fan first . I don’t wear the same glasses that most here do . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I swear, Brady can play like garbage and no one cares. Like last year in the Super Bowl he was garbage, but all anyone could say was “OMG BRADY FOR 6!!!”

Matt Ryan plays average and we are ready to draft whatever college QB had a good week last week.

Edited by TSprings
falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TSprings said:

Matt Ryan plays average and we are ready to draft whatever college QB had a good week last week.

i will trade straight up with some back up QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

In 2001, AFCG 115 yards, 0TD. SB 145 yards, 1 TD. Wow, what a great QB performance. QB rating in 80s for both games. Defense with 3 crucial turnovers in SB against greatest show on turf. Defense had 9 Turnovers in playoffs.

In 2003, AFCD 51% completion, 201 yards , 1 TD . AFCG 59% , 237 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. SB.  354, 3 TD and 1 Int. Defense played a crucial role in stopping and winning the SB. Defense also forced two fumbles in SB. 7 Turn overs in Playoffs. 

In 2004, 144, 207 and 236 yards with 1,2,2 TD in post season. Defense created 4 Turn overs in SB with in a 3 point game. 12 turnovers in playoffs by pats D.

I watched those games, the Pats D made crucial plays and carried the team. Tom Brady was game manager early on.

Ahh when you make it to a SB and win it your not really a game manager. You dont "game manage" the last drive of your first SB.

I think brady proved himself along time ago...his defense helped in his first SB. But let's not  not act like he didn't do anything in all his SBs

And when Aae fans gonna stop this plug n play b.s.

 

No you can't take out "Insert QB name" here and replace him with  "inserr QB name here" no that's not how its done... each QB has their own skillset and doesnt mean they would produce the same results 

Edited by Ghost_02
falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ghost_02 said:

Ahh when you make it to a SB and win it your not really a game manager. You dont "game manage" the last drive of your first SB.

I think brady proved himself along time ago...his defense helped in his first SB. But let's not  not act like he didn't do anything in all his SBs

And when Aae fans gonna stop this plug n play b.s.

 

No you can't take out "Insert QB name" here and replace him with  "inserr QB name here" no that's not how its done... each QB has their own skillset and doesnt mean they would produce the same results 

Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Best example was the final 4th down attempt. Every receiver on the field was completely blanketed. Props to the Tennessee defense, but there’s no way in **** an offense with Julio, Ridley, Sanu, and Hooper should ever get completely shut down like that UNLESS the o-line is getting massacred. 

Make me wonder whatd going on schematic wise because its been a while since we have been blanketed like that. 

Also on another note I saw some major zip on those ryan throws in the game but the OL is still a little leaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, falcons007 said:

In 2001, AFCG 115 yards, 0TD. SB 145 yards, 1 TD. Wow, what a great QB performance. QB rating in 80s for both games. Defense with 3 crucial turnovers in SB against greatest show on turf. Defense had 9 Turnovers in playoffs.

In 2003, AFCD 51% completion, 201 yards , 1 TD . AFCG 59% , 237 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. SB.  354, 3 TD and 1 Int. Defense played a crucial role in stopping and winning the SB. Defense also forced two fumbles in SB. 7 Turn overs in Playoffs. 

In 2004, 144, 207 and 236 yards with 1,2,2 TD in post season. Defense created 4 Turn overs in SB with in a 3 point game. 12 turnovers in playoffs by pats D.

I watched those games, the Pats D made crucial plays and carried the team. Tom Brady was game manager early on. 

 

The home playoff games are often ugly because it’s 32 degrees or below  and windy and wet in NE in the month of January.  

Ist SB Run: 320 yards vs Raiders, injured vs Pitt  so only had 18 pass attempts.  SB MVP.  Great playoff performance: YES

2nd SB Run: His worst of the group.  Still had 2 late game drives to win late in 4th quarter.  345 yards, 3 TD’s and SB MVP.  Very good playoff performance

3rd SB Run: two lopsided games skewed his numbers.  QBR of 110 for the playoffs. 68% completion, 5 TD’s and 0 INT’s for the playoffs. Great Playoff Performance: Yes

Trying to diminish brady is an exercise in futility.  I don’t understand Brady hate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The home playoff games are often ugly because it’s 32 degrees or below  and windy and wet in NE in the month of January.  

Ist SB Run: 320 yards vs Raiders, injured vs Pitt  so only had 18 pass attempts.  SB MVP.  Great playoff performance: YES

2nd SB Run: His worst of the group.  Still had 2 late game drives to win late in 4th quarter.  345 yards, 3 TD’s and SB MVP.  Very good playoff performance

3rd SB Run: two lopsided games skewed his numbers.  QBR of 110 for the playoffs. 68% completion, 5 TD’s and 0 INT’s for the playoffs. Great Playoff Performance: Yes

Trying to diminish brady is an exercise in futility.  I don’t understand Brady hate

No one is diminishing. The shows how that defense carried the team. If your QB is injured in a playoff game, the game is probably over. But the pats defense was great. Funny thing is Peyton Manning was under pressure to be perfect, Brady never was. He did enough to win the games. If he didn't, the D came through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the coaching and individual efforts and the tenn d were reasons for our WRs not getting open. But: I saw a lot of holding by Tenn dbs as a reason for them not getting open. Seems like Hooper was the only target all day. I love it when db X plays phenomenally against Julio. Usually it’s becasue he’s getting away with holding throughout the route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No one is diminishing. The shows how that defense carried the team. If your QB is injured in a playoff game, the game is probably over. But the pats defense was great. Funny thing is Peyton Manning was under pressure to be perfect, Brady never was. He did enough to win the games. If he didn't, the D came through. 

Yes, he has the support of a quality defense more often than not.  Especially in his first 3 titles.  But people said he sucked last year and I have to laugh.  The defense was good in the SB, but Brady’s playoff numbers last year were incredible. Yet people say the defense carried Brady last year...lol 

Divisional Round: 34/44, 343 yards

Conference Championship:  31/46, 346 yards

Super Bowl: 21/36, 262 yards

 

Is this really the kind of performance people should use to discredit brady? Not talking about you specifically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Our team has gone with the Peyton Manning / Indianapolis Colts model.

Maybe the Colts of Manning’s rookie season.  After that they won 10-14 games per year.  That’s not us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Maybe the Colts of Manning’s rookie season.  After that they won 10-14 games per year.  That’s not us

Well I think it has more do with the fact that as good as Ryan is, he's not Peyton Manning.  That model relied on having the top football intelligence QB of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0