Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

How good teams win? BB doesn’t depend on QB

44 posts in this topic

Patriots won an ugly game today against Buffalo. 

Tom Brady threw for  18/39 150 yards, 0 TD and 1 Interception. 

The Pats defense balled out and won the game. Got 4 interceptions including the one in the end to seal the game late in fourth quarter. 

Thats what balanced teams do, offense, defense and ST all play big role.

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Matt has been carrying this team for years. Not sure why he keeps signing those extensions.

This is true. If Ryan doesn’t have rating over 100, this team has worst record in NFL. Heck even when he has rating of 100 the team struggles.

Ergo Proxy, TSprings, Jesus and 4 others like this

Impossible. Tom Brady is the greatest human to ever walk the earth. The Pats would be 0-16 without him encouraging his team to do well.

Did anyone see his 4 picks and blocked punt today?!?! It was almost as impressive as when he picked off Russell Wilson at the 1 in the Super Bowl 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Impossible. Tom Brady is the greatest human to ever walk the earth. The Pats would be 0-16 without him encouraging his team to do well.

Did anyone see his 4 picks and blocked punt today?!?! It was almost as impressive as when he picked off Russell Wilson at the 1 in the Super Bowl 

Pats ST and D were unreal. Tom Brady couldn’t even complete 50%. If Ryan played like that, we would see pitch forks and comments on his arm.

HASHBROWN3 and Rhodaric like this

Just now, falcons007 said:

Pats ST and D were unreal. Tom Brady couldn’t even complete 50%. If Ryan played like that, we would see pitch forks and comments on his arm.

I swear, Brady can play like garbage and no one cares. Like last year in the Super Bowl he was garbage, but all anyone could say was “OMG BRADY FOR 6!!!”

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The comments are out in Matt after he completes 15 straight with 3 TDs. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Maybe I’m just salty, but you could put Rodgers or Peyton on that team and very little changes at all 

True. The year Rodgers won the SB, D carried the NFCg. In SB, PIT was marching down the field with lead. Craig Mathews forced a fumble and Packers scored to win. The Falcons D couldn’t get one stop when needed.

Rhodaric and tl;dr like this

One thing that is consistently overlooked is how bad our starting field position is. Every week we lose the field position battles. The Titans did a great job of pinning us deep all game and it’s tough to go 90+ yards unless your facing the falcons defense.

We changed our special teams coach and we are still horrible. Makes me think it is something else.

falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

Just now, Jpg428gggg said:

One thing that is consistently overlooked is how bad our starting field position is. Every week we lose the field position battles. The Titans did a great job of pinning us deep all game and it’s tough to go 90+ yards unless your facing the falcons defense.

We changed our special teams coach and we are still horrible. Makes me think it is something else.

You hit it out of the park. It just appears Offense has to do extra work to score. Add penalties, it’s like 150 yards to score.

Ergo Proxy and me4falcons like this

9 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Having an identity and not beating yourself.

I knew today was gonna be trouble as soon as their rookie WR outruns like 4 Falcons defenders after Trufant overruns contain.

Terrible Defense was here from INDY game for the first half at least and helped take offense out of any game-plan you might have had...

Offense just sucked...

Worst pass blocking since week 1 even before Brown got hurt.

4 or 5 receiver drops; including 3 on one Drive that had a penalty delay us. Sanu drops TD in his breadbasket.

Sanu doesn’t drop the TD and Bryant doesn’t miss the FG...it’s a 4 point game on those alone.

falcons007 and Atlantafan21 like this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

I knew today was gonna be trouble as soon as their rookie WR outruns like 4 Falcons defenders after Trufant overruns contain.

Terrible Defense was here from INDY game for the first half at least and helped take offense out of any game-plan you might have had...

Offense just sucked...

Worst pass blocking since week 1 even before Brown got hurt.

4 or 5 receiver drops; including 3 on one Drive that had a penalty delay us. Sanu drops TD in his breadbasket.

Sanu doesn’t drop the TD and Bryant doesn’t miss the FG...it’s a 4 point game on those alone.

Honestly I can’t even blame OL. Ryan held the ball too long because he had no where to go. Credit to TEN, their defense knew exactly what was coming. DK has the worst game of the season.

Ergo Proxy likes this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You could tell we were gonna lose when Sheffield got blasted on the one return in the first quarter I think it was. For the past 2 years, when we get punched in the mouth, we don’t punch back. It just turns into an *** beating. 

falcons007 likes this

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Honestly I can’t even blame OL. Ryan held the ball too long because he had no where to go. Credit to TEN, their defense knew exactly what was coming. DK has the worst game of the season.

Best example was the final 4th down attempt. Every receiver on the field was completely blanketed. Props to the Tennessee defense, but there’s no way in **** an offense with Julio, Ridley, Sanu, and Hooper should ever get completely shut down like that UNLESS the o-line is getting massacred. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Best example was the final 4th down attempt. Every receiver on the field was completely blanketed. Props to the Tennessee defense, but there’s no way in **** an offense with Julio, Ridley, Sanu, and Hooper should ever get completely shut down like that UNLESS the o-line is getting massacred. 

What the heck was Raheem Morris doing. No adjustments at all from coaching staff. 

27 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Or his first 3. @Knight of God has pointed it many times.

In Brady’s first three Super Bowls, he threw for 750 yards, 65% completion rate, six touchdowns and one interception. If that is garbage, especially when you’re playing the second best team in the NFL, please sign me up

vitaman likes this

21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

In Brady’s first three Super Bowls, he threw for 750 yards, 65% completion rate, six touchdowns and one interception. If that is garbage, especially when you’re playing the second best team in the NFL, please sign me up

In 2001, AFCG 115 yards, 0TD. SB 145 yards, 1 TD. Wow, what a great QB performance. QB rating in 80s for both games. Defense with 3 crucial turnovers in SB against greatest show on turf. Defense had 9 Turnovers in playoffs.

In 2003, AFCD 51% completion, 201 yards , 1 TD . AFCG 59% , 237 yards 1 TD and 1 INT. SB.  354, 3 TD and 1 Int. Defense played a crucial role in stopping and winning the SB. Defense also forced two fumbles in SB. 7 Turn overs in Playoffs. 

In 2004, 144, 207 and 236 yards with 1,2,2 TD in post season. Defense created 4 Turn overs in SB with in a 3 point game. 12 turnovers in playoffs by pats D.

I watched those games, the Pats D made crucial plays and carried the team. Tom Brady was game manager early on. 

Ergo Proxy likes this