Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconofShadows

Who are the possible HC search candidates

As a KC (home town) and Falcons (home now) fan I'm not sold yet on Bienemy.  He has a great HC and super talented QB and I to work with.  On the other hand Andy is great at grooming future HC's, so maybe at one point in the near future.  I'm just not sure it's now.  

But I'd prefer taking a chance on him over some of the retreads being mentioned.

39 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't know enough about him, but I wonder how much of that is the Andy Reid effect. As long as he brought the WCO I'd be alright with it I guess.

Stop begging for a specific scheme. The Chiefs run a WCO that looks nothing like the one Kyle runs in SF and the one Pedersen runs in Philly. Football is football. Get coaches who are going to maximize the players abilities. 

Beyond that, Bieniemy was the RB Coach with AP early in his career. AP said that's the only coach he's had that coached him as hard as he could every day. Credits him with a LOT of his career success beyond his natural talent. He's also the one gameplanning and leading offensive meetings in KC and the one talking to Mahomes in KC. He's gonna be legit and we need an offensive coach to let Matt finally have some kind of consistency the last 5-6 years of his career. 

32 minutes ago, vel said:

Stop begging for a specific scheme. The Chiefs run a WCO that looks nothing like the one Kyle runs in SF and the one Pedersen runs in Philly. Football is football. Get coaches who are going to maximize the players abilities. 

Beyond that, Bieniemy was the RB Coach with AP early in his career. AP said that's the only coach he's had that coached him as hard as he could every day. Credits him with a LOT of his career success beyond his natural talent. He's also the one gameplanning and leading offensive meetings in KC and the one talking to Mahomes in KC. He's gonna be legit and we need an offensive coach to let Matt finally have some kind of consistency the last 5-6 years of his career. 

I don't want a WCO for some stupid reason like it being a Shanny buzzword, I want it because Ryan is best when he can pass in the short-mid range and get the ball out fast, timing concepts etc. This Koetter 4 verts **** doesn't work for him. Don't treat me like a moron or act like I'm "begging" based off one post. You're usually better than that.

36 minutes ago, vel said:

I like him a lot. Him or David Shaw are the top of my lists. Interim would be Raheem Morris if we canned DQ now. 

Another candidate came to mind today. This team could use a disciplinarian for a few years. Call Tom Coughlin. That man knows how to get the job done, and won’t abide the lazy work ethic that has infested this team. 

21 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I don't want a WCO for some stupid reason like it being a Shanny buzzword, I want it because Ryan is best when he can pass in the short-mid range and get the ball out fast, timing concepts etc. This Koetter 4 verts **** doesn't work for him. Don't treat me like a moron or act like I'm "begging" based off one post. You're usually better than that.

Didn't mean it like that so my bad. I just hate hearing people begging for that offense like it's some cure all to this team's problems so my bad. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

After coaching the echelon of QB's in Mahomes, Bienemy isn't going to want to keep this one-dimensional immobile weak arm stork.

Edited by Jerz #Quinning

2 hours ago, vel said:

I want Pete Carmichael for many of the reasons here you listed. But I would fine with Bieniemy.

21 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I love AB as an Owner... think hes the best in the league, but AB loves the hot hand... If DQ was fired, my guess he would jump on the KC bandwagon and hire someone from there... he has a history of that...since he became Owner he was in love with TB, then the Patriots, then Seattle..just my opinion

Well...... Eri-

On 9/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, FalconofShadows said:

Who is out there not sure who are the top options for 2020 HC

My prediction(s):

TD still GM with another consultant

Ryan is still here.

A QB whisperer coach/OC.

Jeff Harbaugh

WCO. 

His defenses were good with the 49ers..So, he may find a great hire at co-ordinator

#2. Maybe they finally pry McEaniels away from Patriots .

My prediction:

Whoever we hire will not have immediate success and the board will long for the days when we had a good offense with Koetter.

Not because we did, but because TATF gonna TATF.

But my actual prediction is Quinn gets another year.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

My prediction:

Whoever we hire will not have immediate success and the board will long for the days when we had a good offense with Koetter.

Not because we did, but because TATF gonna TATF.

But my actual prediction is Quinn gets another year.

Quinn won't succeed if he can't even have his own staff. Sark didn't work out, but he was better than Koetter, and he was at least who Quinn wanted. Koetter blows chunks. This team is going nowhere.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Quinn won't succeed if he can't even have his own staff. Sark didn't work out, but he was better than Koetter, and he was at least who Quinn wanted. Koetter blows chunks. This team is going nowhere.

Koeter is nowhere near as bad as this offense is making him look.  I'm not saying he's great.  But he's at least competent.  He knows how to attack defenses.  There's a reason he isn't doing it right now, and I could speculate all day.  At one point, I wondered if he was hoping for another Lovie Smith type deal where Dan Quinn gets fired and he gets the job.  I don't want to think he's that kind of person, but good grief the offense is just snakebit.  I don't think it's intentional, but the fact that I wonder about it is evidence of how bad it is.  There is zero excuse for us looking this bad.  We saw what he did in 2012.  We know he's capable. 

The other random speculation I had is there are too many cooks in the kitchen, or worse, they're at cross-purposes.  They fired DeFilippo in Minnesota for not running the ball more.  We have Quinn and Mularkey, both of whom want to see more run.  We have Knapp who is a WCO guy.  Maybe too many people are in Koetter's ear and he's bucking against that by running what he wants to run (the gameplan above looks very much like what he typically likes to run, crappy route-running notwithstanding).

Honestly, having considered things at length, I think maybe the best hope for Quinn keeping his job is simply this -- fire Koetter, with a nice statement about how we respect him and he'll land on his feet, and hand the keys to Knapp for the rest of the season.  Knapp isn't going to wow defenses with his creativity, but he can run the basics of a WCO, and the basics are what this team needs right now.  He understands the outside zone run game.  He knows the playbook.  Let him have it for the rest of the year and then reset if needed.

Again, not because Koetter sucks.  But because whatever he's doing right now isn't working.  The offense is intact.  Let someone run it who knows how.