Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Onlygolden1

The future of the Quarterback position.

Recommended Posts

I know there are a lot Matt Ryan homers here and I’m not a hater by any means. But all things do come to an end, and I’m starting to wonder when itll be time to actually look towards moving on. Either with draft or by trade. I know (think) Matt has said he wanted to retire a Falcon. But if he wants to play forever do we really want that ?

 

When will it be time to pull the plug ?

personally I like Trevor Lawrence :D

Edited by Onlygolden1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Onlygolden1 said:

I know there are a lot Matt Ryan homers here and I’m not a hater by any means. But all things do come to an end, and I’m starting to wonder when itll be time to actually look towards moving on. Either with draft or by trade. I know (think) Matt has said he wanted to retire a Falcon. But if he wants to play forever do we really want that ?

 

When will it be time to pull the plug ?

personally I like Trevor Lawrence :D

Lawrence or fields 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Onlygolden1 said:

I know there are a lot Matt Ryan homers here and I’m not a hater by any means. But all things do come to an end, and I’m starting to wonder when itll be time to actually look towards moving on. Either with draft or by trade. I know (think) Matt has said he wanted to retire a Falcon. But if he wants to play forever do we really want that ?

 

When will it be time to pull the plug ?

personally I like Trevor Lawrence :D

Dude,  go look up the dead money cap hits year by year on spotrac for an idea of when they might be able to get rid of Ryan.

Even though I don’t agree with getting rid of him the dead money all but makes it impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Dude,  go look up the dead money cap hits year by year on spotrac for an idea of when they might be able to get rid of Ryan.

Even though I don’t agree with getting rid of him the dead money all but makes it impossible.

I get you. of course cap room comes into play. And I’m not even sure how I feel at this point yet. I’ve loved Matt at times and honestly have never been as upset with him as much I’ve been happy with him so departing with him would be hard for me but eventually it will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it's about finding the right fit and developing it to the best of your abilities. Dak Prescott isn't as talented as Cam Newton/Michael Vick and wasn't as cerebral as Matt Ryan and Troy Aikman but in time with the right system, coaching and development have become one of the best QBs in the game. While I would love the Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence of the world, I would take Jalen Hurts work ethic, mindset, leadership and willingness to improve as well as Jake Fromm just as much. 

I believe we should give Ryan another year but ONLY if we have his replacement on the roster developing behind him like the Ravens, Chiefs, and Cowboys did. 

Edited by Top Draft Pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

To me, it's about finding the right fit and developing it to the best of your abilities. Dak Prescott isn't as talented as Cam Newton/Michael Vick and wasn't as cerebral as Matt Ryan and Troy Aikman but in time with the right system, coaching and development have become one of the best QBs in the game. While I would love the Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence of the world, I would take Jalen Hurts work ethic, mindset, leadership and willingness to improve as well as Jake Fromm just as much. 

I believe we should give Ryan another year but ONLY if we have his replacement on the roster developing behind him like the Ravens, Chiefs, and Cowboys did. 

In other words you want another quarterback with a questionable arm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is beyond stupid to move on from Ryan.

You’ll end up wasting so much draft capital on a QB when the hit rate for QBs is so low. 

No one in college no matter how good they seem are probable to be better than Ryan, or even probable to be better than AVERAGE.

Tua, Lawrence, Hurts... doesn’t matter. History shows it’s not even close to a sure thing that any of there guys turn it to be above average QBs in the NFL.

chillllll out. 

 

Coaching right now seems to be the main problem, and that is much easier to fix than finding a Franchise QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TSprings said:

It is beyond stupid to move on from Ryan.

You’ll end up wasting so much draft capital on a QB when the hit rate for QBs is so low. 

No one in college no matter how good they seem are probable to be better than Ryan, or even probable to be better than AVERAGE.

Tua, Lawrence, Hurts... doesn’t matter. History shows it’s not even close to a sure thing that any of there guys turn it to be above average QBs in the NFL.

chillllll out. 

 

Coaching right now seems to be the main problem, and that is much easier to fix than finding a Franchise QB. 

I just don't believe this considering what we have seen have entered in the last five years from the QB position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TSprings said:

It is beyond stupid to move on from Ryan.

You’ll end up wasting so much draft capital on a QB when the hit rate for QBs is so low. 

No one in college no matter how good they seem are probable to be better than Ryan, or even probable to be better than AVERAGE.

Tua, Lawrence, Hurts... doesn’t matter. History shows it’s not even close to a sure thing that any of there guys turn it to be above average QBs in the NFL.

chillllll out. 

 

Coaching right now seems to be the main problem, and that is much easier to fix than finding a Franchise QB. 

Of course you never look at these guys as a sure thing but they are the guys that we are looking forward to . Lawrence isn’t having the amazing season he has last year but there is still a lot to like about the kid and Hurts as well. Like it or not these guys will play in the league . They may see success or they may not but are we gonna be the ones looking like ******** who wasted a draft pick or looking like genius’ because we drafted the next goat.

 

And guys.. I love Matt . I’m not even calling for his head just really wondering how long people want him at the helm here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

I just don't believe this considering what we have seen have entered in the last five years from the QB position. 

Like who Mahomes?

Baker hasn’t been reliable 

Turbisky is one of the worst QBs in the NFL 

Josh Allen hasn’t been reliable 

Lamar Jackson has flashed, sure in a small sample size 

Watson has looked good. 

I’d say Watson and Mahomes are the only ones you can say for sure are franchise QBs at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I love Ryan, but it’s time to move on. He’s done. 

Well you have to hang on to that thought for atleast 3 more years until 2022.  Thats the soonest we can move his contract so he's gonna be done and a Falcon for a few more bad seasons for you if thats how ya feel about him :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Well you have to hang on to that thought for atleast 3 more years until 2022.  Thats the soonest we can move his contract so he's gonna be done and a Falcon for a few more bad seasons for you if thats how ya feel about him :)

Oh I know and it suck’s. Dang salary cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Onlygolden1 said:

Of course you never look at these guys as a sure thing but they are the guys that we are looking forward to . Lawrence isn’t having the amazing season he has last year but there is still a lot to like about the kid and Hurts as well. Like it or not these guys will play in the league . They may see success or they may not but are we gonna be the ones looking like ******** who wasted a draft pick or looking like genius’ because we drafted the next goat.

 

And guys.. I love Matt . I’m not even calling for his head just really wondering how long people want him at the helm here.

I think the main reason people want to move in from Matt is because 

1. He’s boring. 

2. He’s been here for a long time

When in reality he plays with a lot of passion and is consistently been the reason we have won games in the past.

And like it or not he played okay today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Oh I know and it suck’s. Dang salary cap. 

I honestly don't feel Ryan can't get the job done because im seeing alot of drops, crappy ran routes, and horrible blocking as well which is adding to Ryans problems too.  I have seen this exact same squad almost put up crazy points and put in alot more effort on the field.   For me it's more so the team is giving up on Quinn and the coaching staff than them actually being this bad as a group and thats including Ryan.   He might not admit it or even mean to be doing it but you can tell from his body language as well as the other players on the team that they are starting to lose the faith and not give it their all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t understand how a falcons fan can watch these last 4 weeks and place the majority blame on Matt Ryan! That’s just absolutely insane...I’m not even a Ryan homer I just know football and I know replacing Ryan does not generate “sure wins” as he’s not the ONLY player not playing to expectations.... this awful horrible defense has literally been bad in every season of Matt Ryan’s career except one which was the season after the Super Bowl 

point is though blaming Ryan solely is just not smart. I’m not saying don’t replace him but I am saying in my opinion he’s not number 1,2, or 3 as far as replacing immediately goes for me.

To me number replacements should first go as...

1) Dimitroff (he did well drafting offensive talent for the most part but lacked drafting stellar defensive talent...even with assistance from Scott Pioli coming in defense still isn’t drafted well and I personally just don’t believe the current gm and staff has an eye for defensive talent.

2) Quinn ...I like Quinn’s catchy phrases of “brotherhood”, etc and all but reality is he’s been riding on the coat tails of shanny and shannys ghost when we are playing well...sorry but Quinn isn’t the defensive guru people made him out to be during that coaching search after mike smiths departure. I like Quinn as a person but I’d much rather have Rex Ryan’s overly aggressive *** defense (yeah I said it Rex Ryan)

3)Defense...we have some players that need to be dropped! Simple as that! I’m not a Ryan homer (**** replace him if the team really believes he’s the issue) but you cannot logically point fingers at Matt Ryan before doing so at this trash *** defense we’ve had for a decade now....not if you truly know football! There’s just no way you can make sense of it.

 

4) OL...this o line will have to continue to be built back up no matter if Ryan is at center or not! They are not good enough right now for any QB to have faith in them

 

5) Now we can get to Matt Ryan...replace him only if the team feels he can’t perform like past seasons where he was very good. But that’s likely not going to happen . We are only a season past last year where his numbers were absolutely fantastic mvp like so this kind of instant decline (if it is one) is not typical to throw away your QB that fast . Unfortunately for those of you who really hate Matty Ice lol but he’d have to perform another 2 seasons of play like this for us to officially replace him...even then to me all of the other issues need too addressed before the QB position! You can’t be this bad in preparation (coach and staff), in defensive scouting (front office since dimi came in), and defense (past 11 seasons always ranked 24 or lower other than 1 season) and say “oh let’s replace the QB he’s the issue”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...