Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don™

Quinn's defense

76 posts in this topic

Coach speak, brotherhood, vanilla game plan, unpreparedness - all characteristics of a team going NOWHERE. I mean how many struggling or backup QBs gotta come in OUR HOUSE and have the best game of their life before we accept it? Gabbert, Geno Smith, Fitzpatrick, Crab legs, Jacoby Brisett, and now Mariota.

I hate to say it, but it’s a wrap and time to blow it all up. 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

And yet... The problem is all Matt Ryan.

Not all Matt Ryan though he’s had a rough start to the season.

Offense > Defense I want to see what the latter looks like playing with a lead.

We have spent and placed so much resource wise on offense and we average 18 points at home this year no just no.

Top Draft Pick likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

We have spent and placed so much resource wise on offense and we average 18 points at home this year no just no.

You're right. I'm not really talking that much about Ryan, but about a lot of the posters for whatever reason just don't like the guy, when he's really not the major problem.

Bigbenright and kiwifalcon like this

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You're right. I'm not really talking that much about Ryan, but about a lot of the posters for whatever reason just don't like the guy, when he's really not the major problem.

I’m hating it if I’m honest.

I was frustrated last week but saw a positive in the scoring and execution stakes in that 2nd half in Indy.

Seeing them come out on the 1st 4 possessions this week and only score once I then was just maddend by the consistent inconsistency.

Its really hard to see the grass through the trees right now.

Top Draft Pick likes this

I’ve seen enough. It’s going to suck for a while, but blow it up. 

This is an inconsistent, undisciplined, soft team. I’m over it. Even if we clean it up I see 8-8 or 9-7 as our ceiling. Not good enough.

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

When you spend as little as we do on defense, I don't know how you expect to get the LOB defense from this crew? For what we spend on offense, 18 ppg is horrendous especially when you consider it's much worse in going into the 2nd half where the team is behind by a mile and we fluff up the stats in the process to make it look more respectable. The offense is the biggest issue. Bar none. 

Kaptain Krazy and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, Top Draft Pick said:

When you spend as little as we do on defense, I don't know how you expect to get the LOB defense from this crew? For what we spend on offense, 18 ppg is horrendous especially when you consider it's much worse in going into the 2nd half where the team is behind by a mile and we fluff up the stats in the process to make it look more respectable. The offense is the biggest issue. Bar none. 

That’s my opinion if you resource like you have that side of the ball you best be protecting thee other side.

35 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

Coach speak, brotherhood, vanilla game plan, unpreparedness - all characteristics of a team going NOWHERE. I mean how many struggling or backup QBs gotta come in OUR HOUSE and have the best game of their life before we accept it? Gabbert, Geno Smith, Fitzpatrick, Crab legs, Jacoby Brisett, and now Mariota.

I hate to say it, but it’s a wrap and time to blow it all up. 

He’s a much less interesting Jerry Glanville.  

NCFalconfan likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s my opinion if you resource like you have that side of the ball you best be protecting thee other side.

Exactly, just based on New Orleans for example, they will ALWAYS put the resources into their offense. Has it always worked out, NO but they know that's how they will live and die by it and the worst they can do is go 6-10 if the defense is complete trash. While for us with Ryan, we put all of our resources into the offense when we know Ryan needs a bit of everything. OL, RBs, WRs, TEs, defense and special teams. Either Ryan shouldn't make much or we need to hit on every pick and force everyone else to take a lot less than their current market rates. 

Edited by Top Draft Pick
Jerz #Quinning likes this