Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Sports Illustrated: Quinn Ready To Show Off Coaches

35 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Really reminds me of the coach on the Mud Dogs. Who is going to be our Bobby Bouche to inspire the players and respark the once creative head coach. 

Never ever thought DQ was a creative coach.I thought he just identified his type of players coached em up and let There traits do the talking.

Creativity left when KS walked out the door for the Niners.

blkbigdog35 likes this

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Never ever thought DQ was a creative coach.I thought he just identified his type of players coached em up and let There traits do the talking.

Creativity left when KS walked out the door for the Niners.

35 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Just reading through that and his reasoning for having all those former head coaches around, sounds like a man lacking confidence that he really knew how to turn it around.

Quinn is a head coach, and for a moment, he did turn it around. But, Shanahan took a lot of pressure off of him; all he had to do was focus on the defense. Quinn not having a solid offensive coordinator since Shanahan’s departure has left him accountable for all the teams’ shortcomings because he’s pretty much responsible for the hires. I don’t think the season is over yet, but this was the most uninspired performance of Dan Quinn’s tenure. They looked soulless... I tried to let it go, but I am still extremely upset that the Falcons did not do whatever they could to get Gary Kubiak here; it was the perfect dynamic that Quinn was looking for as far as being co-head coaches with Super Bowl experience. 

All-in-all, there is something seriously wrong with the Falcons. We’ve made far too many investments this offseason to turnover and die this early.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

11 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Quinn is a head coach, and for a moment, he did turn it around. But, Shanahan took a lot of pressure off of him; all he had to do was focus on the defense. Quinn not having a solid offensive coordinator since Shanahan’s departure has left him accountable for all the teams’ shortcomings because he’s pretty much responsible for the hires. I don’t think the season is over yet, but this was the most uninspired performance of Dan Quinn’s tenure. They looked soulless... I tried to let it go, but I am still extremely upset that the Falcons did not do whatever they could to get Gary Kubiak here; it was the perfect dynamic that Quinn was looking for as far as being co-head coaches with Super Bowl experience. 

All-in-all, there is something seriously wrong with the Falcons. We’ve made far too many investments this offseason to turnover and die this early.

Broncos denied us an interview for Kubiak. Later, Kubiak and Elway had a disagreement and Kubiak leaves for the Vikings after we hire Koetter. 

Koetter was not plan A. 

4 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Broncos denied us an interview for Kubiak. Later, Kubiak and Elway had a disagreement and Kubiak leaves for the Vikings after we hire Koetter. 

Koetter was not plan A. 

Had we not jumped the gun and been in a hurry, we could have hired Kubiak.  Bevell was a more logical option as well

49 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Coming from a guy doing Blow off of Toilet seats, and trying to rub one out in a 7-11

Are you suggesting that DQ do done blow off a toilet and rub one out at a 7/11

36 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Koetter was not plan A. 

You’re right. Man that succckkkss.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

When the Falcons hired Quinn he was the hot DC who had just ran the best defense in the NFL since the 85-86 Bears.

He hired Shanahan because he saw Kyle as the hot young OC out there. He was correct.

When his job was on the line he goes out and hires a bunch of NFL retreads who had the league pass them by with the hopes that they will stabilize things. He was wrong. 

The thing is since Shanahan left Quinn has been looking at guys like Bevell or Knapp or whatever guy who has been passed up by the hot young OCs from the Shanahan tree. 

Not sure the reasoning but for the most part Quinn has been playing it safe. The NFL is built on coaches who played it safe. A lot of them are also out of jobs.

I put a lot of this on Blank tbh. Not giving Quinn a pass either. But it's not like Quinn would have taken Koetter in a heartbeat. Dude got fired when Quinn came in. Quinn had fire coming in and it left, just like Smitty, just like Mora. It's a culture shift. This "playing it safe" BS is the Falcon Way. Cleaning house might really be the only way to go.

Side note - I think if things don't get turned around, Quinn goes somewhere after this season and coaches stellar defense right away. If not, 28-3 broke him.

Jesus likes this

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I put a lot of this on Blank tbh. Not giving Quinn a pass either. But it's not like Quinn would have taken Koetter in a heartbeat. Dude got fired when Quinn came in. Quinn had fire coming in and it left, just like Smitty, just like Mora. It's a culture shift. This "playing it safe" BS is the Falcon Way. Cleaning house might really be the only way to go.

Side note - I think if things don't get turned around, Quinn goes somewhere after this season and coaches stellar defense right away. If not, 28-3 broke him.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up at the college level with great success.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Just reading through that and his reasoning for having all those former head coaches around, sounds like a man lacking confidence that he really knew how to turn it around.

Shoulda kept Sark...at least he got to where he could unleash the passing game. Now we lost that, too!