Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconsIn2012

Odd Quote From Ryan

24 posts in this topic

I really hope Quinn isn’t calling the plays on important downs.  Yes, Koetter is struggling to score points but he is still far more qualified to call offensive plays than Quinn

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

How’s that odd? Quinn is the head coach. Head coaches choose whether to go for it on 4th down, punt, etc. 

It reads like he is calling the play, not simply electing to go for it on 4th down

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Was discussing this last week.  Shanny’s offense can no longer be seen except for a few plays here and there.  The naked bootleg today was sweet.  Worked, too

The Don™ and Jesus like this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t see how you’re looking at it that way at all

If you didn’t know the name, what does this sound like:

”When coach calls aggressive plays on 4th down, it’s the players job to execute”

Thats why I read it that way.

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If you didn’t know the name, what does this sound like:

”When coach calls aggressive plays on 4th down, it’s the players job to execute”

Thats why I read it that way.

Yea I read that as “Quinn made the decision to go for it on 4th, we need to execute.” 

JDaveG and Schwarzwald like this

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

How’s that odd? Quinn is the head coach. Head coaches choose whether to go for it on 4th down, punt, etc. 

I wonder who will ba making those decisions for us next week?

12 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Did you notice the uncharacteristic personal foul that Mack committed? Quinn's lost the team.

Also Sanu drops a wide open pass from Ryan in the end zone inexplicably? Let’s face facts the players are letting their performance do the talking! I’m willing to bet the farm they hate Quinn’s relaxed coaching style, take advantage of all the perks but are quietly undermining him at every chance! I’m sure it’s a group of players doing the dirty work! But the players are justified because Quinn has lost the team!!! It’s now just a matter of how long it’s going to take Blank to act! A apology letter to the newspaper won’t cut it this time!!!

Etowah likes this

21 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

It’s insane how our O is now. We do nothing imaginative. DC’s go to bed early the night before playing us. 

25 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I know what the OP means. I posted in another thread that I trusted that meant whether to go for it on 4th down, etc. and not actually calling plays.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea I read that as “Quinn made the decision to go for it on 4th, we need to execute.” 

I suspect you’re right, but the quote sounds odd.  That’s why I titled the thread “Odd Quote”

14 minutes ago, sdogg said:

It’s insane how our O is now. We do nothing imaginative. DC’s go to bed early the night before playing us. 

Shanny's offense with a bunch of no names besides their TE and QB are averaging over 30 pts per game and are unstoppable on the ground. They're 3-0.

It's coaching. Our offense banks on players beating their man straight up without any help from the OC to scheme them open. This isn't street ball man. Everybody in the NFL is talented. Talent matters but coaching and leadership gives you the ultimate edge.

Edited by The Don™
sdogg likes this

56 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Shanny's offense with a bunch of no names besides their TE and QB are averaging over 30 pts per game and are unstoppable on the ground. They're 3-0.

It's coaching. Our offense banks on players beating their man straight up with any help from the OC to get them open. This isn't street ball man. Everybody in the NFL is talented. Talent matters but coaching and leadership gives you the ultimate edge.

Exactly! 

all these former HC’s on our staff, are former HC’s for a reason. Our current HC/DC is about to be a former.