I Even Bleed Red

Blank will now have to choose between Quinn and Ryan

79 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

He is saying it is pretty much impossible to not have Ryan as your starting QB for the next 3 to 5 years because of the cap hit that would require to cut him.  Plus you aren't going to find another top 5 to 10 QB to replace him anyway without trading 2 to 3 1st round picks for one at minnimum or paying a QB another 150 to 200+ million contract if one thats a little below ryans level hit's FA like a kirk cousins type player or something.   Then at that point you have Ryans 100 million cap hit plus another 200 million contract over the next 5 years for a QB thats even worse than ryan.  or you are out 3 or so 1st round picks and still wasting 100 million in cap space. 

It's literally not possible at all and honestly is quite dumb to even debate getting rid of ryan at this point nor should we because theirs not much better than you can get than a top 5 to 10 QB in the nfl.    It is much more intelligent to replace coaches again and try to find one that has a mind set of a shannahan type play caller that works well with Ryan in what he does best.  Because it's been proven over the years Ryan with the right scheme and this talent we have is MVP quality and can play well enough to put us in the correct position to win a SB if the coach's don't fail them.

But that's assuming that he hasn't lost a step from the Ryan that took us to the Suberbowl. It's clear he's lost a step. Luck retired before this happened! Ryan has lost a step, even if you can get him Shanahan back. 

3 minutes ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Not if you trade him.  If you trade him, his salary then becomes some other team's problem I think.  But I may be wrong.

He might have a no trade clause 

34 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

If we continue to lose --> Quinn will be fired. 

To keep his job Quinn will have to say --> let you show you we can win without Ryan. 

IF Blank allows, Ryan will be on the hot seat. 

If Quinn gets it wrong --> he's definitely gone. 

OR Blank sticks with Ryan. And gets rid of Quinn. Ryan still gets on the hot seat.

Furthermore...

Ryan might be in the hot seat already, directly from Blank, that's why he was so pissed today and broke character and blamed the defense!

It's clear Ryan has lost "a step." (Luck retired before he got to that point! Or before things got to this point)

Will Blank move on from Ryan regardless of what happens with Quinn? 

Is Blank still the GODFATHER or has he become softer over the years? 

That's the questions that will be answered if we make big changes or "stay the course". 

Bill Belicheck is no genius, he's just heartless af. Whoever is in charge of that organization has to be. 

Ps - what will happen with TD??? Stay tuned. 

Blank will not move on from Ryan this season.

9 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

But that's assuming that he hasn't lost a step from the Ryan that took us to the Suberbowl. It's clear he's lost a step. Luck retired before this happened! Ryan has lost a step, even if you can get him Shanahan back. 

Even if he has which he really hasn't from what i can tell he doesn't look physically that much different.  If anything i see him overthrowing people so far not underthrowing them so the strength is there enough to make the throws.  But as said even if he has like you think theirs literally not 1 thing that can be done about it because of the scenario i laid out and said for the next 3 years or so.  So you either ride with Ryan and tough it out until we can get some new Coordinators and hope they fit our teams talent and players better.  Or just just follow another team until Ryans contract can be legit moved where it's a real life possible thing that can happen.  Which as said would be about 3 or so years before we can get the cap low enough and the amount of 1st round picks needed to get a new young QB.   The only way you get enough 1st round picks to trade up in this draft is to trade Ryan for 2 1st round pick to a team wanting him which their would be a ton of them.  Then also trade Julio or Grady or Deion Jones for a 1st round pick.    At that point you will have 3 or so extra 1st round picks to go get you a new young QB.   But still then you are down a elite level player we just resigned and straddled with about 100 to 150 mil in cap space problems.  2022 is the absolute soonest you could get rid of ryan and even then it's still a nice dead cap hit of 16 mil but would save like 20 mil of his 36 mil he is owed that year to use on another QB or player if you find one.    Also as far as trading him it's not a even swap and we get out of his contract we still owe every bit of his signing bonus which was almost 50 million in his new contract he just did last year.   So we would still owe him like 40+ million over the next few years. 

Potential Out: 2022, 4 yr, $117,500,000; $16,800,000 dead cap

I have been a DQ cheerleader up until today. This was an embarrassment. 

3 and 16 defense gives up 17. 

Penalties all over the place

A stagnant offense full of 5 star talent. 

Sorry DQ you have lost this team

30 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

We are hot but imho this is not realistic. He is not going to get rid of MR or DQ.

So what can you realistically do? I do wonder about OL Coach.

DQ needs to put Ellison in yhe mix.

AB needs to have a serious talk with Staff and TD.

Then have

a private meeting with players

This is way beyond "lighting a fire" and goes into "lack of competence" territory.  No amount of "meetings" are going to fix this.

Edited by JeffAtl

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Even if he has which he really hasn't from what i can tell he doesn't look physically that much different.  If anything i see him overthrowing people so far not underthrowing them so the strength is there enough to make the throws.  But as said even if he has like you think theirs literally not 1 thing that can be done about it because of the scenario i laid out and said for the next 3 years or so.  So you either ride with Ryan and tough it out until we can get some new Coordinators and hope they fit our teams talent and players better.  Or just just follow another team until Ryans contract can be legit moved where it's a real life possible thing that can happen.  Which as said would be about 3 or so years before we can get the cap low enough and the amount of 1st round picks needed to get a new young QB.   The only way you get enough 1st round picks to trade up in this draft is to trade Ryan for 2 1st round pick to a team wanting him which their would be a ton of them.  Then also trade Julio or Grady or Deion Jones for a 1st round pick.    At that point you will have 3 or so extra 1st round picks to go get you a new young QB.   But still then you are down a elite level player we just resigned and straddled with about 100 to 150 mil in cap space problems.

I said I even bleed red. Not "I even bleed Ryan"

I'm gonna be pulling for Ryan as long as he is a Falcon. 

And as long as I'm a Falcons' fan I'm gonna give him the truth so that he can use it to get better. 

And as long as he's playing badly, I'm going to given him the harsh truth. Because that's what HE needs, not some baby lolligagging. Matt Ryan is a man who likes to take self responsibility. 

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I will play with OP. The problems on this team are bigger than Ryan. It starts at the top, and AB won’t get rid of players, it’s easy to start with coaches.

Is Blank no longer the GodFather and is emotionally attached to Ryan in some way? He doesn't want to kill his son? Especially after his divorce, etc?

3 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Is Blank no longer the GodFather and is emotionally attached to Ryan in some way? He doesn't want to kill his son? Especially after his divorce, etc?

If you watched today’s game, Ryan is on bottom of the list of problems on team. Lets start with 3/4 of defense. While we are at it, none of the Receivers except Hooper showed up. Didn’t get open, dropped 3 back to back passes on crucial drive.

It looks like you are emotionally attached in disliking Ryan.

2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Lol why would we bench Matt? Do y’all wanna watch Schaub throw pick sixes or something? 

I hate to say this but the future of qb's in this league are mobile, accurate passers.  I think our window has closed with Ryan and there is a **** good qb at Alabama that would look great in a Falcons uniform.  I'm starting to think the best thing moving forward for this franchise's future would honestly be to lose out and be able to possibly draft Tua.  I mean, we can have a few more years of mediocrity with Ryan going 6-10, 7-9 etc... and miss out on sure thing bad *** qb's but all I know is I'm pretty jealous watching players like Mahomes and Jackson and Watson tear it up.  Tua would be like one of those guys, I'm sure of it.  Bring a **** of lot of excitement back to Atlanta.  Tua or Trevor Lawrence and a competent coach sounds wonderful to me.

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Ryan might be in the hot seat already, directly from Blank, that's why he was so pissed today and broke character and blamed the defense!

I

What did he say?

My dream would be able to be in a position to draft Tua(I know it won't happen; we'll win just enough games to not be able to draft a great qb) and have him sit a year and learn under Ryan.  Mahomes did under Alex Smith and Rodgers did under Favre.

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If you watched today’s game, Ryan is on bottom of the list of problems on team. Lets start with 3/4 of defense. While we are at it, none of the Receivers except Hooper showed up. Didn’t get open, dropped 3 back to back passes on crucial drive.

That’s apparently like 3/4 of this board actually. Everybody just wants to get QB-replacement-happy when things go south. It’s a stupid thing that every fan base does. I’ve even seen patriots fans saying Brady is done and they need to move on before lol. 

falcons007 likes this

24 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That’s apparently like 3/4 of this board actually. Everybody just wants to get QB-replacement-happy when things go south. It’s a stupid thing that every fan base does. I’ve even seen patriots fans saying Brady is done and they need to move on before lol. 

Nah bro, I'm no Ryan hater. You got that wrong. Check my record. 

I've given him full credit when he deserved it or earned it. He's now gets full credit for messing up when he does.

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It’s not new. We have seen guys like Jake locker, drafting many QB who fizzled out in NFL. 

Just now, I Even Bleed Red said:

I've given him full credit when he deserved it or earned it. He's now gets full credit for messing up when he does.

This makes no sense. But carry on, no need to check the record.

Just now, I Even Bleed Red said:

Not necessarily calling you a Ryan hater, cuz I don’t get that vibe from ur post. Just talking about some others, which like I said is 75% of this board, if not more. 

Hmm...let’s see. Matt Ryan, a proven MVP caliber QB in the right system and with good coaching. Dan Quinn, blew a 28-3, doesn’t have any comeback wins, doesn’t have a defensive coordinator and made the defense worse and hired trash offensive coordinators. Choice seems easy to me.

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

If you bench ryan, you wont win a single game this season.

but ok.

Yes they would,stop acting like Ryan is irreplaceable,he is not.

2 hours ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Not if you trade him.  If you trade him, his salary then becomes some other team's problem I think.  But I may be wrong.

I think we would be on the hook for all the guaranteed money on his contract even if we trade him.