Unknøwn

MLB Playoffs

521 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I must be the only Braves fan on the planet that is all "meh" about the Nationals winning the World Series. Congrats to them. Doesn't affect me one bit. Still gonna wake up in the morning and live my life.

Good to hear. Sports should be a diversion, not a daily up and down journey for a fan. 

1 minute ago, Born Again Georgian said:

I guess the big question is how would the Braves have fared against the Nats in the NLCS.  I’m not of the opinion that the regular season record would have translated to the post.  Nats transformed themselves in the postseason, we lost our fire (outside of Acuna). 

We were the Nats only weakness remaining throughout the season. We matched up very well with them. Our stats were very similar, especially when it came to late rallies in the 8th & 9th innings. The Nats had the best record in MLB since May after a horrible start, but the Braves were the only team who gave them trouble throughout that whole stretch. Brian Snitker just overthought and mishandled our pitching against the Cardinals, Freeman had bone spurs, and you know, the Atlanta hookah-lookah..... 

3 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

I guess the big question is how would the Braves have fared against the Nats in the NLCS.  I’m not of the opinion that the regular season record would have translated to the post.  Nats transformed themselves in the postseason, we lost our fire (outside of Acuna). 

I know there’s no logic to this, but Atlanta teams just find ways to disappoint. Maybe there’s a curse. Hard to explain why we always get that deer in the headlights look. Houston must now know how we feel after crapping their pants tonight in Braves form

Malachore likes this

30 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Who is to say that getting past the first round wouldn’t have helped? Could have taken the pressure off and just allowed them to play.

Doesnt really matter though I guess. 

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I must be the only Braves fan on the planet that is all "meh" about the Nationals winning the World Series. Congrats to them. Doesn't affect me one bit. Still gonna wake up in the morning and live my life.

Yeah I'll never be "meh" about my favorite team's division rival winning it all.

Especially when I live smack dab in the middle of the DC area.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Tomorrow when we wake up, the Nationals will a World Series title this millennium. The Braves will still have Brian Snitker managing.

Malachore likes this

47 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

You gotta feel good about the Nats. Well deserved. Wish the Braves had that fire. 

Nah **** the gNats and all their bandwagon fans clogging up my Facebook. 

Woah!!! The Nats lined up there 2 best starters to each get 2 starts in the WS! What kind of foreign concept is this?! Does Brian Snitker know you can do that?!?!

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Johnny Venters gets a WS ring and that's all I care about this year 

Venters, Anibal Sanchez, Matt Adams, and Kurt Suzuki all got rings. If they can’t get them here (never will), glad they got them. All of them dam good Braves. 

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Woah!!! The Nats lined up there 2 best starters to each get 2 starts in the WS! What kind of foreign concept is this?! Does Brian Snitker know you can do that?!?!

Wasn’t Max moved from a start due to injury?

That makes 3 times a WC winner from the East has won the World Series in a year the Braves won the division. Marlins of course have 0 East titles and 2 World Series titles.

6 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Wasn’t Max moved from a start due to injury?

Yeah but he still started 2 games in a 7 game series

42 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah but he still started 2 games in a 7 game series

Do you think Soroka wouldn’t have started 2 games in a 7 game series?

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Do you think Soroka wouldn’t have started 2 games in a 7 game series?

He would have, but he should have done it in a 5 game series too 

Malachore and capologist like this

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

He would have, but he should have done it in a 5 game series too 

A lot of players “should have” done a bit better.. then maybe we get to see what would have happened later in those 7 game series..