Unknøwn

MLB Playoffs

521 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, dmite said:

Need your best players to dig in and play like they’re supposed to. Nats and Astros players have done this. 

I agree 100%

I was just mocking the notion that power arms is the key to post season success

31 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I agree 100%

I was just mocking the notion that power arms is the key to post season success

You can certainly see the philosophy behind it. Cold October nights, body a little worn down from a 162 game schedule. It does make sense that its harder to catch that 95+. A power arm isn't the only thing that can work in October but its helpful. 

On 10/20/2019 at 0:25 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

WOW!!! The 2010s decade is the first decade since the 1910s decade that the Yankees have not gone to the World Series.

Interesting info, because this is not the longest drought they’ve had between appearances. 1981-96 and 1964-76 are longer droughts. 

Edited by Skott Lee

40 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Brian McCann is throwing out the first pitch in Game 1 of the World Series. The man catching it? Evan Gattis.

Oh my heart.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:40 AM, falconsd56 said:

But you need power arms to win in the post season!

In all fairness Cole can pitch 98 to 100 and he is a big reason they are going to the world series. And Verlander pitches over 95 and hit 98 more than once his last start. Not saying you have to have a power arm but using a team who has 2 power arms as proof that you dont need power arms makes very little sense.

Edited by LouDog

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Brian McCann is throwing out the first pitch in Game 1 of the World Series. The man catching it? Evan Gattis.

HAVEN'T I SUFFERED ENOUGH???

Astros will start tonight with one of their own under MLB investigation. Assistant GM Brandon Taubman is the target. During the AL title celebration Taubman turned to a group of female reporters and shouted "Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so f****** glad we got Osuna!". At least one of the reporters was wearing purple for domestic violence victims. Taubman has admitted he did it and offered that hes "deeply sorry". This provides some more context

Also, that really doesn't make any sense. Osuna blew that game for them. Altuve's the only reason why he wasn't the wrong kind of headline.

Looks like we only get to Acuña when he doesn’t hustle but let Springer off the hook. And I don’t want to hear people in the media say “well yeah because he was the reason his team was in the game” because that’s literally true about Acuña.

Considering pulling for the Nats though after this GM stuff came out. Domestic violence is no joke. 

Springer has even less of an excuse, given that he's a more veteran player and that unlike in G1 of the division series, by now everyone knows the balls have have deadened.

25 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Man watching this series has made me really hate Soto. Dude needs to be taken down a knotch

I love it.

So, is a 5.68 bullpen ERA the highest ever for a World Series team? Has anyone seen anything about that?