falcons007

What would AB do now?

62 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

AB is likely writing off this season and looking into replacing the staff/rebuilding the franchise.

Don't have to tear it down - talent is mostly there, just need competent coaching staff.

This is where I am at. Man hope they find some one who isn’t big name but good coach.

I think my thread never got off the ground.  That is OK.  There are lots of threads being created by astounded fans.  I hope this is not considered bad form, but here is the lone post in my thread.  Does anyone agree it is time?

The Falcons came to the game today unprepared.  With this massive and experienced coaching staff, that is inexcusable.  It is hard to believe this many coaches cannot prepare this team for a contest.  However, at this point, I have no doubt that to date they, the coaching staff, have been ineffective.

This is an undisciplined team.  We brought in referees and umpires to practice this week and still we cannot avoid penalties. 

As I watched the offense, I got the sense the game plan was not designed to beat Tennessee.  It may have been a good plan for other teams, but it was not designed to work against the Titans defense.

As I watched the defense, it appeared to me that our corners simply could not cover.  Why the regression?

Arthur Blank has to step in at this point.  I am not suggesting that people will be fired, but an all staff meeting in the morning is required.  Difficult questions must be asked.  Questions like did you have a gamed plan Dirk?  Dan, did you practice the defense this week prior to this game?  Did any of you coaches make adjustments during the game to stop the slide?  Can any of you do your jobs this week or do you think a new career is a better choice for you?

Yes, if I were Arthur Blank, I would be asking those questions.  Anyone who could not answer questions, who could not remain professional, and anyone who could not tell me how this week is going to be different would be shown the door.

falcons007 and BamaBirdLady like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

No. He I another rah rah guy who screwed up TB. 

It would be a tryout until the end of the season.

falcons007 likes this

I'd let the whole staff go and play for either Tua or Fromm.

I've defended Matt for years, but he needs to either **** or get off the pot. He needs a QB in the facility that makes it obvious that we're willing to bench his ***.

Edited by RubberDucky

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I disagree, Quinn deserves to have to live with this dumpster fire hes created.. He should embrace the suck as he says

Would that really be fair to the fans?  He should embrace the suck at home.

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

I think my thread never got off the ground.  That is OK.  There are lots of threads being created by astounded fans.  I hope this is not considered bad form, but here is the lone post in my thread.  Does anyone agree it is time?

Just remember, all those head coaches on our staff were fired.

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, *TMo* said:

It would be a tryout until the end of the season.

No. Send him with DQ. He is WR coach and they couldn’t even improvise. 

Fire Quinn today. Look at McCarthy if whoever's takes over for the rest of the season does not turn it around. Leave no stone unturned find the best Coach available he has to be better than Quinn at this point.

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, falconut1991 said:

Would that really be fair to the fans?  He should embrace the suck at home.

Im used to seeing the scowl on Quinns face at the end of every game now.. Dosnt even bother me anymore 

falcons007 likes this

7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Depends on if AB has a legitimate hc in mind for the future.. If he does, let him come on in and start rebuilding this team. First order of business try to find a team willing to trade for Ryan, itll be almost impossible but worth a shot.. 

If no permanent hc available, make Quinn ride out the rest of this nightmare and cut ties after the season.. I honestly believe Quinn will resign if we lose the next 3 straight anyway 

I would even consider if there is some one who can salvage this season. Do it now In next week or two or just ride the season with lame duck HC.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

No, you ride with DQ for the rest of the season. However, you begin your new HC and GM search right now. Don't go into 2020 with this **** show.

falcons007 likes this

2 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

No, you ride with DQ for the rest of the season. However, you begin your new HC and GM search right now. Don't go into 2020 with this **** show.

Why ride if you are already looking for replacement. Try to salvage the season in next two weeks.

15 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

This team should really be 0 and 4. I think the answer is pretty clear what Blank should do. 

But they are not. 

35 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

AB is likely writing off this season and looking into replacing the staff/rebuilding the franchise.

Don't have to tear it down - talent is mostly there, just need competent coaching staff.

When you look at this defense play, do you honestly see much talent past about 3 of our players. I agree we need a coaching change but after these game I think maybe we have over estimated the talent we have on this team especially on defense. 

Doctor Kildare likes this

44 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

I would fire DQ after the season, I don't like in-season changes.

He'll resign before then with the way things are going right now..

Edited by zekeyboy1

1 minute ago, ok_falcons_fan said:

When you look at this defense play, do you honestly see much talent past about 3 of our players. I agree we need a coaching change but after these game I think maybe we have over estimated the talent we have on this team especially on defense. 

I think the player talent is there.  We are more talented than the Patriots.  We are certainly more talented than the Titans.  No, there is only one place left for the deficiencies. 

2 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I think the player talent is there.  We are more talented than the Patriots.  We are certainly more talented than the Titans.  No, there is only one place left for the deficiencies. 

Based off of what? Names? lol. We have Grady and a bunch of avg or below avg players on D. JOnes and Rico ar ok. But overated around here..

Edited by zekeyboy1

1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think the coaching needs to change but you can’t watch these games and think the defense is there on the defense, no way. 

7 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

He'll resign before then with the way things are going right now..

4 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I could kinda see that happening

He won’t. Too much money at stake if he quits.