Sun Tzu 7

This is a bad football team.

30 posts in this topic

It’s been 4 games.

After about 4 weeks you really know what kind of team you have.

Obviously this isn’t a special team

It isn’t a good team

This is a bad team.

The defense is... well indefensible 

The offense is.... average would be a compliment at this point.

Special teams?  Terrible too...

Right now I would say the chances of having a new head coach next season are about 80%

I would say Quinn has until the end of the season but these losses have been horrible

This team lacks discipline and identity, across all three phases. DQ has to take accountability for that. I don't think we lack talent - this is one of the strongest Falcons rosters from top to bottom for a number of years. Coaching is the issue. 

The sad thing is we're still in with a shot of winning the division.

Today was a turning point in how I see this team. I've always thought things like injuries and bad luck have held us back (which they have) but I've come to the realization that this team is just not good, particularly from a coaching standpoint. Complete unpreparedness from the offense and defense.

Edited by Norwood all the way!
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

24 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I think this is talented team with bad football coaching. The Titans Defense knew what was coming and they were prepared. I have never seen our D or even O that prepared under DQ after Ks left. 

I keep seeing this but Talent is a relative term.

Wheres the talent?

2-3 WRs.  Maybe.  

QB

C

MLB

DT

Everything else is subjective especially with the way they’ve played recently.

Sky was the limit in 2016 but the bottom has fallen out a bit recently.

And by now it’s apparent Shanahan was the reason the Falcons went to the Super Bowl

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I keep seeing this but Talent is a realize term.

Wheres the talent?

2-3 WRs.  Maybe.  

QB

C

MLB

DT

It’s like how Niners went to NFCG with same core after Harbaugh took over a Rah rah Singletary. Falcons are in the same situation now with a poor HC. When the team is prepared, everything looks easy. 

Romfal likes this

Watch patriots, the Bills trying to come back, they blitz and get turn over. That’s a complete team when the NE offense has 16 points.

6 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

The penalties are destroying this team. 

Even this game you cannot focus on the penalties, which were 7 for 50 yards against us vs. 5 for 77 yards against them.  We are terrible.

Even this game you cannot focus on the penalties, which were 7 for 50 yards against us vs. 5 for 77 yards against them.  We are terrible.

I'll be more specific then. Our defense stopped the Titans on the dumb 4th down conversion they attempted. Our offense got the ball back and it was 1st and 20 after a penalty (I think it was Mack's sumo splash on the defensive player on the ground). Then 3rd and 23, and then Matt Ryan tried to scramble for a first down. 

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s like how Niners went to NFCG with same core after Harbaugh took over a Rah rah Singletary. Falcons are in the same situation now with a poor HC. When the team is prepared, everything looks easy. 

And the greatest thing that symbolizes the bad preparation is how little our regulars play in the preseason.

Starters now look totally out of the game and have no real sense of the plays they are running.

I also really wonder if the lack of play in the preseason actually leads to more injuries in the regular season (tight muscles, unfamiliar moves, etc.) rather than prevents them.

And, most of the good players we find in preseason are not even playing in regular season games.

Edited by jlrfalcon

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It’s been 4 games.

After about 4 weeks you really know what kind of team you have.

Obviously this isn’t a special team

It isn’t a good team

This is a bad team.

The defense is... well indefensible 

The offense is.... average would be a compliment at this point.

Special teams?  Terrible too...

Right now I would say the chances of having a new head coach next season are about 80%

I would say Quinn has until the end of the season but these losses have been horrible

I hate we have to wait till the end of the season & its probably a good idea.  At week 9 if this team is 2-6 or even 3-5 then Mr Blank should pull the trigger.. Will he I doubt it!

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

And the greatest thing that symbolizes the bad preparation is how little our regulars play in the preseason.

Starters now look totally out of the game and have no real sense of the plays they are running.

I also really wonder if the lack of play in the preseason actually leads to more injuries in the regular season (tight muscles, unfamiliar moves, etc.) rather than prevents them.

And, most of the good players we find in preseason are not even playing in regular season games.

We are too loyal to guys like Justin Hardy and Devondre Campbell

The Falcons will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Matty Choke Ryan. The problem with this team is 60% of Ryan's fault and 40% play calling.

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I keep seeing this but Talent is a realize term.

Wheres the talent?

2-3 WRs.  Maybe.  

QB

C

MLB

DT

And by now it’s apparent Shanahan was the reason the Falcons went to the Super Bowl

Great analysis.  My sentiments exactly, except, I think we need a new QB.  If the receivers are covered, the QB is helpless and cannot make plays on his own.

1 minute ago, Chitown2ATL_Falcon said:

Great analysis.  My sentiments exactly, except, I think we need a new QB.  If the receivers are covered, the QB is helpless and cannot make plays on his own.

I’m a little concerned that Ridley hasn’t been able to beat man coverage.

Trade Ryan to Green Bay for Rogers. Can you imagine Rogers with this receiving group? At least trade for Eli Manning.