Inexcusable

k-train

I fully recognize that it's only 1/4 of a long season thus far, and that technically they could flip the switch, go on a tear, and get a bunch of wins in a row to get right back in the thick of it all.

As a fan, I honestly hope that's how this plays out.

As a realist, I just don't see it happening like that at all.

This is the first time in a loooooong time where I just flat out stopped watching & shut the game off. It's one thing to be rusty & taking a while to work out communication, scheme specifics, etc. But this is just flat out inexcusable. The play calling is garbage on both sides & the execution is somehow even worse most of the time. I really like Dan Quinn, but he seriously does seem to be in way over his head.

Titans & Colts struggle on offense all season, they go against the Falcons defense and suddenly look like the Chiefs offense. The Vikings offense hasn't really done anything besides the Falcons game. This defense is straight garbage right now and if the offense struggles, Falcons have no chance to win games.

1 hour ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Always DQ's defense giving up big plays and they score TD's. Then Kotter, Ryan with slow starts and mistakes. Besides the Eagles game, Falcons were down big in every game at halftime.

A recipe for a bad season. 

Other teams that maybe aren't so good at least know that if they can keep it level or within 10 at the half can right the ship second half, but these fools can't even do that it seems!

For too many years, our defense has relied on the opponent's offense to stop itself. We hope for a penalty, missed wide open receiver or a running back to stmuble over the paint at the 20 yard line to make a stop. We NEVER dictate to the offense. We just sit back and pray.

Is the a team in NFL history worse than the Falcons at giving up first downs on 3rd and 10+? 

5 hours ago, falconut1991 said:

Exactly, DQ has completely lost this team & its still early, time to move on. If AB wants to even have a slim chance at a playoff game this year he needs to let him go now.  Otherwise, we'll be stuck watching this dreck for the rest of the year.

Right after if they lose Houston game or wait till end of the year.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Right after if they lose Houston game or wait till end of the year.

Not sure if you're asking me, but if you are, I'd prefer now, but settle for after a Houston loss.  Waiting til the end of the year would probably be to possition for a high draft pick.  Unfortunately, my hope for this team to find themselves is at an all time low.