SkerFalcon8710

Ito smith

39 posts in this topic

Just now, LookAboutFalcon said:

Doesn't matter who is out there, our run blocking sucks.  And it's not like Ito is some world beater either.  He is ok

Stop with the excuses , he still had holes 

dodge_birds_fan likes this

Yeah, I don't get it either. Smith had looked so much better, but Freeman keeps getting the carries.  I'm so done with this coaching staff this year & it's only 4 games. 

Etowah likes this

1 minute ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Doesn't matter who is out there, our run blocking sucks.  And it's not like Ito is some world beater either.  He is ok

He scored a td. Who else did? 

dodge_birds_fan and caponine like this

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Stop with the excuses , he still had holes 

Excuses, I'm not making any excuses, you need to re read my post.  I know Freeman is shot and has been for years.  I wished we moved on from him this year, cap penalties be dammed.  He is just dead weight and a reminder of that horrible block in the SB.

I knew in 2017 it was a mistake paying Free. $9 million we are paying Free this year, yet we can't line up on 3rd or 4th and 1 and pick up a first. That's a collosal waste. Get rid of Free. 

zekeyboy1 and Wardog357 like this

1 minute ago, Precyse said:

He scored a td. Who else did? 

O wow, a goal line touch down, I should be impressed.  Stop over rating Ito because Freeman sucks.   Ito is decent, but not a starting caliber running back.  He is a perfect running back by committee player.

The Daywalker likes this

I remember Freeman was destroying opposing teams with the wheel routes that Shanny schemed. Now he's just juking sideways instead of getting critical yards. Ito is misused. 

Free just doesn't look the same. He can't make anyone miss which was a big part of his game before. He also doesn't seem as physical as before. It's def time to move on from him

Ito might not be the best RB in the league, but he's looked better than Freeman &is way more affordable. I say we move on from Freeman next year, when I believe they can without taking a big cap hit. But this year they need to utilize Ito more, to see if they have or need to draft another for next year.

You guys are crazy, our line is trash! No running back is gonna do well with this line. If this was a Free problem then Ito would be lighting it up, which he isn't. 

4 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Free is too weak to break arm tackles and too slow to get to the many holes that are open. He can't create yards for himself anymore. Stick a fork in him he's done.

I remember a convo a few of us had a few years ago,  when Devonta freeman loses his shiftiness and speed he will be average 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

You’re complaining about 14 carries. Ryan threw the ball 50 times. The offense needs more balance. Koetter can’t figure that out.

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

I remember a convo a few of us had a few years ago,  when Devonta freeman loses his shiftiness and speed he will be average 

It was probably around the first time we played the Eagles where Coleman balled out and Freeman folded. I knew right there that Free was done but these guys didn't want to hear it. So I just had to sit back and let them watch for themselves.

Why are people referencing the oline when comparing Freeman and Ito.  They run behind the SAME Oline, and ITO consistently looks better doing it.  If I was coach, I would make Ito Smith the starter.  

caponine and JDaveG like this

4 minutes ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

It was probably around the first time we played the Eagles where Coleman balled out and Freeman folded. I knew right there that Free was done but these guys didn't want to hear it. So I just had to sit back and let them watch for themselves.

and made them look like fools now , 

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You’re complaining about 14 carries. Ryan threw the ball 50 times. The offense needs more balance. Koetter can’t figure that out.

Cant have balance when we are down 2 TD's the entirety of the 2nd half.

insertnamehere likes this

This whole team is a complete mess and yet this is the narrative that is highlighted week in and week out. I hope that they do throw Ito's a** out there as a starter next week just so ya'll can stfu. The starting rb position is not going to make a difference with this team at this point. Do you all even see how this team is playing?!?

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Freeman had a 2.5 ypc ......... so Ryan had to throw it