NUPE

What is our offensive philosophy?

21 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, NUPE said:

I’m curious because I don’t see any type of scheme to how we play

Judging by this year?

Nihilism.

Just now, marvinthemartian said:

I really thought Koetter would be an upgrade over Sark. So far I have been wrong. 

I said it as soon as Koetter was hired: he was fired for a reason. He held Ryan back for YEARS. It took Shanahan one year to un-Koetterize Ryan, and then #2 was the league MVP. Under Koetter, Ryan was regarded as  "a poor man's Eli Manning".

The line isn’t bad.

The offense is dated and no longer plays to Matt’s strengths. Why does every play have to be 12 yards down field, except on 3rd and long...

Get Matt an offense like they run in New England where receivers are open in front of Matt.

1 minute ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I said it as soon as Koetter was hired: he was fired for a reason. He held Ryan back for YEARS. It took Shanahan one year to un-Koetterize Ryan, and then #2 was the league MVP. Under Koetter, Ryan was regarded as  "a poor man's Eli Manning".

Who regarded him that?

The only excuse you could make for koetter is he has no opportunity to establish a run because we always seem to be 14 points down within 5 minutes.

With that being said it is unbelievably predictable. Absolutely zero inventiveness

dardan likes this

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Who regarded him that?

I heard 3 ESPN talking heads say it, and a lot of anti-Ryan posters here.

For what it's worth, I disagreed then, and I disagree now. If you give Matt Ryan a good OC, he can be a very good QB still. I just don't know if the baggage here will allow him to do that.

1st down - Hand Freeman the ball, lose a yard

2nd down - Throw an incompletion or take a sack

3rd down - Throw the ball to Hooper or Sanu and maybe Julio occasionally and get a 1st down once in a blue moon

Also, factor in the usual penalty or turnover every other drive.