The Malaise of 28-3 still lingers....

Mr.Blank

46 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I got bad news for you.

28-3 is never going away until Falcons win a SB.

28-3 will still be a taunt used against us until we win a SB, yes. I'm talking about how this team is no longer responding to DQ. With him gone hopefully we can start to move out from under the 28-3 shadow that I feel is still hurting the psyche of this team.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

Soon to be 17-19 since that debacle. DQ is not going to bring us back. Time to move on.

So true.  Time to blow all up and rebuild from scratch again.  I'm now of the opinion this team as built will never see another Super Bowl  It would take a miracle and I just don't see that happening.  The New England model TD brought here is not going to work.

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

I’ve said this a few times after the Super Bowl loss, that you’ve got to win it when you get there, because you’re never guaranteed to get back. A lot of people here thinking we were going to keep going you’re after year. Delusional. Our time has passed.   Our window has closed. 

I agree. I thought we'd be back. I had no idea the wheels would fall off like this. We are a bad football team. Nothing will fix this team this year.

2 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I agree. I thought we'd be back. I had no idea the wheels would fall off like this. We are a bad football team. Nothing will fix this team this year.

Even the talking heads said we were going to be formidable for years to come. It looked like it. Like I said, there’s never a guarantee. 

Sad thing for Quinn is he will end up getting fired and that 28-3 Super Bowl will be his legacy. He’ll never live it down. 

Just now, fuego said:

Even the talking heads said we were going to be formidable for years to come. It looked like it. Like I said, there’s never a guarantee. 

Sad thing for Quinn is he will end up getting fired and that 28-3 Super Bowl will be his legacy. He’ll never live it down. 

I agree. I like Quinn. I want him to figure this out, but I think it's just too big. The problems are too many

20 minutes ago, fuego said:

I’ve said this a few times after the Super Bowl loss, that you’ve got to win it when you get there, because you’re never guaranteed to get back. A lot of people here thinking we were going to keep going you’re after year. Delusional. Our time has passed.   Our window has closed. 

Exactly! We are not NE. 

24 minutes ago, fuego said:

Nor should he ever live it down. You just can’t do that. No excuse at all. 

18 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I’ve long believed this. Sadly, it’ll take a complete purge to go forward. Unfortunately, we invested tons of long term money in guys that would be candidates to go. 

Not so. Freeman as a June 1 cut, Beasley will be gone and it looks like you may have to cut Mo. Team will have money for their new coach.

Just now, stizz said:

Not so. Freeman as a June 1 cut, Beasley will be gone and it looks like you may have to cut Mo. Team will have money for their new coach.

What of (sadly) Ryan, Julio, Grady and throw in Trufant as well? It’s systemic at this point. The only way to start fresh is a total purge and collect draft picks, in my opinion. Otherwise, we might as well keep treading water. 

33 minutes ago, falconfan5832 said:

I'm not saying DQ and TD shouldn't be fired,but who , realistically,do you get?

29 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

No clue atm. Just believe now with DQ we will continue in a downward spiral...

Kevin Stefanski is someone I like!!

Mike Mccarthy, Josh McDaniels,Jim Schwartz are also something I like but I'm on the fence about. If Quinn cant turn it around.