Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

Dorrell isnt a done deal yet but they're negotiating. It's an interesting choice by Colorado. Dorrell has been in the NFL for a long time now and didnt exactly wow people at UCLA. I think Troy Calhoun should have been the pick. Already established deep roots in the state and has a history of winning. Dorrell will need a good staff and Colorado is notorious for giving cheap budgets to hire assistants.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Dorrell isnt a done deal yet but they're negotiating. It's an interesting choice by Colorado. Dorrell has been in the NFL for a long time now and didnt exactly wow people at UCLA. I think Troy Calhoun should have been the pick. Already established deep roots in the state and has a history of winning. Dorrell will need a good staff and Colorado is notorious for giving cheap budgets to hire assistants.

Sounds like a disaster of a hire.   

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Think Troy would’ve been a huge hire for them. 
think this hire is a disaster unless his staff is good. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Ryan Day got a hefty raise. He'll make $6M in 2020, $6.5M in 2021, $7.6M in 2022 and 2023 will be determined later. He also gets $1M deposited into his retirement fund at the end of the calendar year. 

I think that OSU will eventually regret that..

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

James Franklin and Penn State have agreed to a new 6 year deal worth about $6.5M per. Franklin was a really popular name at USC when they were considering making a change. PSU gets out in front of that opening. Buyout is $5M but drops by $1M each year. 

I guess the hazing allegations haven't deterred PSU.