Coaching Carousel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too true of UGA fans

Rivals has confirmed Monken is replacing Coley as the OC and Monken will have playcalling duties. They are not sure what Coley's role is at this time.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Vandy AD announced Derek Mason is and will continue to be HC. He said the school is in the process of developing a "new and robust" strategic plan for the football program and other sports to succeed. Mason will lead the football program into that new era.

Probably a good decision imo. I like Mason a lot.

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If Colorado beats Utah this week, USC would be playing for a Pac 12 championship against Oregon. I doubt they beat them, but it hasn't been as bad for them as you would think. I think they have already made up their mind on Helton though

I love Helton.. one of the nicest guys in the world, but with a new AD and President he has zero chance to stay.. when you lose your support and you aren't winning big you don't have a shot.  

Yeah, I think Helton can be a HC but USC is just such a different animal. He'll land on his feet somewhere but I think USC is set on going and getting a big name. I actually think Arkansas could do worse than Helton. He has southeast ties, spent a lot of time as an assistant at Memphis and a successful year at Arkansas State that led him to USC.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

So, Willie Taggart might have made a costly mistake. He never signed the formal contract with FSU. He signed a 9 page agreement to take the job. FSU has a legal case to argue Taggart was an "at will" employee and might wiggle free from most of that $17M buyout language in the never signed contract. 

Wow, his agent needs to be fired.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Schiano's request are now known. He requested a $25M buyout, unlimited use of a private jet, $7.7M budget for his staff that increased by 3% annually and an opt out after year 3 if the school failed to upgrade facilities. Rutgers didnt feel comfortable with it.

which means they did not have any plans to upgrade the facilities.. they promised him stuff in the past and didn't deliver.. so stupid they are in the big 10.