Coaching Carousel

Unknøwn

LSU analyst Jorge Munoz is the favorite to take Brady's role. Munoz worked with Burrow the last two seasons. Munoz was at ULL for a long time serving as pass game coordinator and coaching QBs before taking the analyst job at LSU. Munoz has been talking with Oregon about becoming their OC.

There is some belief DJ Mangas will go to the Panthers as well. Rhule gave Brady complete control of the offensive staff.

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

LSU analyst Jorge Munoz is the favorite to take Brady's role. Munoz worked with Burrow the last two seasons. Munoz was at ULL for a long time serving as pass game coordinator and coaching QBs before taking the analyst job at LSU. Munoz has been talking with Oregon about becoming their OC.

There is some belief DJ Mangas will go to the Panthers as well. Rhule gave Brady complete control of the offensive staff.

this is awesome.   Not only does LSU lose Brady but the offensive braintrust in same season.  Good Luck.

You've probably already read it but the internet was set on fire last night. Local media is reporting Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at Missouri State. A national outlet is reporting Art Briles will be the next HC at Missouri State. This set off a frenzy last night on who would be worse.

To me it seems the university leaked both names to see the PR hit from both.

15 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

LSU could go after Monken. They have $1M per they were going to give Brady freed up now.

According to their fans, they've got some guys on staff they believe they can promote to the position... Definitely would like to see Monken in Athens over Baton Rouge though...

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

You've probably already read it but the internet was set on fire last night. Local media is reporting Bobby Petrino will be the next HC at Missouri State. A national outlet is reporting Art Briles will be the next HC at Missouri State. This set off a frenzy last night on who would be worse.

To me it seems the university leaked both names to see the PR hit from both.

Looks like they pulled the trigger on Petrino.

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

UGA fans have been waiting for updates all day long about a plane coming to Athens from Cleveland. Kirby says he's in no rush to make a new hire and wants to make sure he makes the right hire... and people rage. smh

I would expect something either right before signing day or just after.. I’m not sure why there should be a hurry. Just get the right guy 

I think Todd monken would be the home run...if we gave him creative control and had coley hold his clipboard/message recruits in game or something. That being said...from monken to zac Robinson, fisch and mangus...the focus appears to be directed to fixing our most glaring weaknesses...predictability in run v pass calls, lack of slant, post and general in breaking routes and te usage, and keeping qb under center (id love to see newton play action rollout). 
Monken has my vote, but assuming Kirby gives whoever comes in some real leverage in philosophical design and play calling, I do think uga is on its way to being a 35ish ppg threat vs legitimate competition. I hope the change is most obvious on 1st down and 3rd and manageable (rpo with a qb run option in case of good coverage) keeps more drives alive and rests our d...feeds into our overall ball control goals which I am a fan of. Just have to stay on the field for that boa constrictor offense to work over time. Jamie’s deep ball and legs, with a middle of the field passing focus should go a long way towards accomplishing that end while giving us the quick strike we lacked outside of deep jump balls/fades most of last year.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Fuente returned to Va Tech after meeting with Baylor. He tweeted out a photo of a meeting with his staff prepping for 2020. Fuente has seemingly decided to remain in Blacksburg.

Seemed to me that he was taking the interview to "push back" on pressure at Va Tech that he's not doing enough... I never got the sense that he was actively looking to leave. Baylor feels pretty lateral there, perhaps slight step back due to the pecking order in Big XII vs a very weak ACC outside of Clemson.

15 hours ago, Carter said:

UGA fans have been waiting for updates all day long about a plane coming to Athens from Cleveland. Kirby says he's in no rush to make a new hire and wants to make sure he makes the right hire... and people rage. smh

My only concern with the "no rush" comment is that if the best available gets snatched up for another job, that is on Kirby. As of right now, the best name mentioned would seem to be Monken. I trust Kirby to identify the right guy but you also have to be decisive. He has had two solid weeks now to interview/speak to candidates now... I'm not at "rage" status, but I do think dragging his feet at this point concerns me that he is reticent to truly evolve the offense. Hope I'm wrong.