Coaching Carousel

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too true of UGA fans

Rivals has confirmed Monken is replacing Coley as the OC and Monken will have playcalling duties. They are not sure what Coley's role is at this time.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WOR said:

Dan Lanning leaving to FSU or Memphis buzz. 

This is gonna get old *every* season.

At least Bama was getting titles out of their guys before they were poached.

Memphis is likely promoting Ryan Silverfield. 

FSU is the concern. As I mentioned a few days ago Norvell wants his man back. Kirby will need to raise that $750K salary. 

19 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

FSU is the concern. As I mentioned a few days ago Norvell wants his man back. Kirby will need to raise that $750K salary. 

Yeah if I had to guess I’d bet Lanning gets a raise and stays. He’s got a nice gig going in Athens, and FSU has become a turnaround job in a hurry.

2 minutes ago, MattyIceonTap said:

Yeah if I had to guess I’d bet Lanning gets a raise and stays. He’s got a nice gig going in Athens, and FSU has become a turnaround job in a hurry.

Think that's accurate. He can be a hot name in HC searches in a year or two if he defenses continue to dominate.

26 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Pittman thanked UGA in his press conference. "Kirby was really good to me" he added. Pittman then had to stop as he was choking back tears thanking Arkansas for the chance. Arkansas AD said Pittman also broke down into tears when the job was offered. 

wonder if when Pitt was choking back tears if he was contemplating taking staff and recruits from Kirby on the way out?

27 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Pittman thanked UGA in his press conference. "Kirby was really good to me" he added. Pittman then had to stop as he was choking back tears thanking Arkansas for the chance. Arkansas AD said Pittman also broke down into tears when the job was offered. 

I hope SP does great things at Arkansas.

47 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Not sure why Lanning would consider the FSU position.  It’s a step down and as mentioned, his path to becoming an HC is much better if he stays put.

28 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I am going to miss Pittman.. I hope he wins big at Arkansas. 

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

Not sure why Lanning would consider the FSU position.  It’s a step down and as mentioned, his path to becoming an HC is much better if he stays put.

would likely just be the relationship if he was closer to Norvell - other than that - everything would favor UGA - who I am sure would match/exceed what FSU could offer salary-wise.

More money now that Pittman is gone.

19 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

We're gonna have the same ****** offense next year aren't we? Bama is losing Tua, LSU cant Burrow any deeper, Auburn is losing their whole D line, and Florida is losing half their defense.

And here we will be....struggling to score 20 points.

yeah if Dawgs don't fix this offense while we will have a 4yr starter at QB and all the other teams will be breaking in 1st or 2nd yr starters - the natives will get restless.

18 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

We're gonna have the same ****** offense next year aren't we? Bama is losing Tua, LSU cant Burrow any deeper, Auburn is losing their whole D line, and Florida is losing half their defense.

With Swift probably not playing in the Sugar Bowl I’m holding out hope that Coley gives us a taste of how he plans to use White and Cook together next year. 15 practices is not ideal to make drastic changes to the playbook but still enough time to implement some new things that work better to those twos skill set. 

32 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah if Dawgs don't fix this offense while we will have a 4yr starter at QB and all the other teams will be breaking in 1st or 2nd yr starters - the natives will get restless.

Count me as one of the natives. I'm not psycho and want Kirby gone, I love that **************, but we need a Lane Kiffen injection in this sob.

Spread the field, run the ball, throw the ball.

Heard Dimino this morning say something that rang true. 2 people in Georgia have a problem right now. The problem is Justin Fields, the people are Kirby Smart and Jake Fromm. 

58 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

This is a very good point that I hadn’t considered. We need Fromm to get things worked out this offseason because that’s as wide open as the SEC has been in years.