Coaching Carousel

Some speculation Kendal Briles may jump to Ole Miss with Kiffin to be AHC/OC. Norvell is expected to make a pitch to keep Briles in Tallahassee. 

I think the FAU opening is one we could see James Coley mentioned. He would make some sense there. Hes gotten some interest in their last couple of searches.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too true of UGA fans

Rivals has confirmed Monken is replacing Coley as the OC and Monken will have playcalling duties. They are not sure what Coley's role is at this time.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Some speculation Kendal Briles may jump to Ole Miss with Kiffin to be AHC/OC. Norvell is expected to make a pitch to keep Briles in Tallahassee. 

I think the FAU opening is one we could see James Coley mentioned. He would make some sense there. Hes gotten some interest in their last couple of searches.

It will get interesting if Coley takes a HC job..

4 minutes ago, Padawan Knight said:

Drinking, from what I understand. Colorado has an extremely high amount of breweries, per capital. And, CSU has a brewery and bar on campus.

Well, he probably drives past 10-15 gas stations, liquor stores and bars everyday, so I doubt the temptation will be any greater in Colorado.

3 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Why in the world would even fiu hire coley as oc? Are we just hoping here or do we really think that could be legit 

That's just simply speculation. Coley makes sense for a program like FAU or FIU if Butch goes to Arkansas. Hes a Miami guy with deep recruiting ties in South Florida. Born and raised in Miami, FSU grad, UGA is his first real job outside the state of Florida.

Some speculation Norvell may come after Lanning to be DC at FSU. Lanning was LB/Recruiting coordinator for Norvell at Memphis. Looks like he might at least be in line for a raise.

If I was Norvell I'd be all over Charlie Strong. Strong will have to work his way through being a DC again if he ever wants another HC opportunity. Hes better as a DC and hes a tremendous recruiter. 

27 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Some speculation Norvell may come after Lanning to be DC at FSU. Lanning was LB/Recruiting coordinator for Norvell at Memphis. Looks like he might at least be in line for a raise.

If I was Norvell I'd be all over Charlie Strong. Strong will have to work his way through being a DC again if he ever wants another HC opportunity. Hes better as a DC and hes a tremendous recruiter. 

Hard to see the advantage for Lanning making that move. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I can’t imagine Lanning having any interest in going to FSU.