Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

1,337 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

NJ media reporting Rutgers has agreed to Schiano's demands and he will be the next HC 

25 million buy out for a has been.  Terrible move RU.

43 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

25 million buy out for a has been.  Terrible move RU.

They're caught up in the memories. They remember the success he had before and think hes the only one that can get that back.

Herm Edwards has fired most of his offensive staff including the OC Rob Likens. Herm reportedly feels comfortable in the college game now and is ready to get serious.

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Missouri fired Odom because the AD felt the program had stalled. Pinkel had some good momentum going with two East titles and officials fully believe they can compete with UGA and Florida in the East. I expect they'll look at Mike Leach with his Texas connections. Leach has overstayed his welcome at Wazzu at this point

Rinse & repeat.  I doubt that would end well. 

44 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

USC has fired Clay Helton. 

USC seen pushing ALL their chips to the middle of the table...  in an Urban setting.

12 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

USC seen pushing ALL their chips to the middle of the table...  in an Urban setting.

We'll see. Bohn almost didnt take the AD job because he was told he couldn't hire Urban. He ended up taking it, did he get permission to hire anyone? Also, it sounds like Urban might have a real chance to coach the Cowboys. He said earlier this year it would he a dream of his to coach the Cowboys. 

USF has fired Charlie Strong. Ends a very disappointing tenure for Strong. He went 3-14 against FBS teams with winning records. Already some speculation they'll call Willie Taggart and see if hes interested in returning. USF recently committed to pumping a good chunk of money into facilities. They're close to beginning work on an indoor facility. They will draw plenty of interest in a great area for recruiting.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, putnam6 said:

FWIW Reddit rumors is Smart wants him in whatever position he can find for him, QB coach assistant OC whatever.   

We should too. Even if it’s not for OC Bobo is a **** of a QB coach which honestly we just don’t have and let’s not forget he’s also a **** of a recruiter too. Personally, I hope Bobo comes on as QB coach and co-OC. 

mike teevee and putnam6 like this

Muschamp has stripped Bryan McClendon of play calling. He also fired strength coaches and the QB coach. McClendon is expected to explore other opportunities. 

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

They're caught up in the memories. They remember the success he had before and think hes the only one that can get that back.

Yup.  And it’s a terrible move.  Hiring him is okay but that buy out is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

We should too. Even if it’s not for OC Bobo is a **** of a QB coach which honestly we just don’t have and let’s not forget he’s also a **** of a recruiter too. Personally, I hope Bobo comes on as QB coach and co-OC. 

I hope so too, **** let him put his 2 cents worth in on the LSU gameplan. I do think Fromm needs some help maybe a former QB can get him straightened out. Not to mention I'd bet CKS can be a ***** to work for, he is such a perfectionist, Maybe Bobo helps with that too.

Bdawg58 and Porter Osborne Jr like this

16 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Herman has fired or reassigned most of his staff. Both coordinators are out.

Tom 'Texas Pete' Herman says, "I put that shyte on everything!"

'Cuz it is HOT in Austin right now!!

6 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

The carnage is getting crazy!!

Why is Ole Miss dumping Falk?   Who do they think is going to even want that job right now?

New AD. They just named Keith Carter AD about a week ago. He wants his own guy.

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

New AD. They just named Keith Carter AD about a week ago. He wants his own guy.

ahhhhhhh.  any rumors on just who that is?

6 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

ahhhhhhh.  any rumors on just who that is?

Too early to know. I think they'll focus on Mike Norvell early. Norvell already met with Arkansas but I think he'll end up at FSU, that's where he really wants to go.