Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

1,336 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Tallahassee media reporting FSU and Bob Stoops have ended talks.

Well that is going to break my friend's heart.. you will have ticked off boosters for sure who were told it was a done deal. 

15 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The agent for Butch Jones has been pushing his case to Arkansas. Butch wants another crack at the SEC.

LOL.  I bet Saban is a full supporter of this scenario!  Sly like a Fox he is. LOL

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The pressure is growing for Mark Dantonio at Michigan State. Program seems to have stalled and the unrest is growing.

His time at MSU mirrors that of CMR here at Georgia.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Vandy AD announced Derek Mason is and will continue to be HC. He said the school is in the process of developing a "new and robust" strategic plan for the football program and other sports to succeed. Mason will lead the football program into that new era.

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Vandy AD announced Derek Mason is and will continue to be HC. He said the school is in the process of developing a "new and robust" strategic plan for the football program and other sports to succeed. Mason will lead the football program into that new era.

Probably a good decision imo. I like Mason a lot.

10 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I want him fired so he can come be our DC. I'm selfish.

He would be a great one, but I don't think we will be looking to replace our DC anytime soon.

12 hours ago, Carter said:

He would be a great one, but I don't think we will be looking to replace our DC anytime soon.

Unless it's Muschamp :ninja:

Arkansas interviews are under way. They met with Memphis HC Mike Norvell. Norvell is said to be pushing for the FSU job but is intrigued by Arkansas. 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Unknøwn said:

Arkansas interviews are under way. They met with Memphis HC Mike Norvell. Norvell is said to be pushing for the FSU job but is intrigued by Arkansas. 

Norvell to Arkansas would be a homerun for the latter.

Mark Stoops admitted he met with FSU. He added his heart is in Kentucky and that's where he wants to be. He obviously declined to go into detail about the meeting.

If Colorado beats Utah this week, USC would be playing for a Pac 12 championship against Oregon. I doubt they beat them, but it hasn't been as bad for them as you would think. I think they have already made up their mind on Helton though

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If Colorado beats Utah this week, USC would be playing for a Pac 12 championship against Oregon. I doubt they beat them, but it hasn't been as bad for them as you would think. I think they have already made up their mind on Helton though

I love Helton.. one of the nicest guys in the world, but with a new AD and President he has zero chance to stay.. when you lose your support and you aren't winning big you don't have a shot.  

Yeah, I think Helton can be a HC but USC is just such a different animal. He'll land on his feet somewhere but I think USC is set on going and getting a big name. I actually think Arkansas could do worse than Helton. He has southeast ties, spent a lot of time as an assistant at Memphis and a successful year at Arkansas State that led him to USC.

m2Falcons likes this

So, Willie Taggart might have made a costly mistake. He never signed the formal contract with FSU. He signed a 9 page agreement to take the job. FSU has a legal case to argue Taggart was an "at will" employee and might wiggle free from most of that $17M buyout language in the never signed contract. 

AutumnEffect likes this

So, Willie Taggart might have made a costly mistake. He never signed the formal contract with FSU. He signed a 9 page agreement to take the job. FSU has a legal case to argue Taggart was an "at will" employee and might wiggle free from most of that $17M buyout language in the never signed contract. 

Wow, his agent needs to be fired.

95Dawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Wow, his agent needs to be fired.

Same thing happened to Billy Gillispie at Kentucky a few years ago. Fired after 2 years but never signed the formal contract. Kentucky refused to pay his $6M buyout. They settled out of court for $3M.

Bob Davie out at New Mexico. Davie left ESPN back in 2011 because he thought he could replicate Paul Johnsons offense to build a winner at UNM. 

Schiano's request are now known. He requested a $25M buyout, unlimited use of a private jet, $7.7M budget for his staff that increased by 3% annually and an opt out after year 3 if the school failed to upgrade facilities. Rutgers didnt feel comfortable with it.

Schiano's request are now known. He requested a $25M buyout, unlimited use of a private jet, $7.7M budget for his staff that increased by 3% annually and an opt out after year 3 if the school failed to upgrade facilities. Rutgers didnt feel comfortable with it.

which means they did not have any plans to upgrade the facilities.. they promised him stuff in the past and didn't deliver.. so stupid they are in the big 10. 

15 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

which means they did not have any plans to upgrade the facilities.. they promised him stuff in the past and didn't deliver.. so stupid they are in the big 10. 

The only reason Rutgers is in the Big 10 is because of the NY/NJ tv market.