Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

260 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

So many thought that was a great hire at the time.

I thought the hire could turn out to be great if they had patience and gave him long enough to turn the team around.  He needed time to change up the roster but he had just 1 full recruiting class before being fired.  

Man they needed to give Chad Morris more time. Bielema left that team in shambles and then they hired someone with a completely different offensive philosophy, but one with proven results and strong ties in places Arkansas can recruit. He rebuilt the team at SMU and look what they are doing now. I thought he was a good hire for Arkansas. They have been terrible though so in a way I get it. He was not given enough time though.

If I'm Mike Leach, I tell my agent to get me to FSU. That guy has slogged along at Texas Tech and Washington State for long enough. Arkansas would be another similar situation of rebuilding and having to contend with powerful programs. He could probably get away with not having to shake hands and kiss babies so much at FSU as well. Easy access to all the talent he needs to be competitive in the ACC and only Clemson as a big power.

27 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I thought the hire could turn out to be great if they had patience and gave him long enough to turn the team around.  He needed time to change up the roster but he had just 1 full recruiting class before being fired.  

Hmmm

Offensive analyst to assist Coley ?

3 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Hmmm

Offensive analyst to assist Coley ?

no fire coley (i mean umm let him move on to a better job) and hire chad as our oc. 

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no fire coley (i mean umm let him move on to a better job) and hire chad as our oc. 

Assuming there’s anyone who wants such an experienced OC as Coley 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

I wouldn't mind letting Morris coach Dwan Mathis and Carson Beck ahead of us bringing in Caleb Williams or Gunner Stockton in the next few years. Sounds great lol

Coley has had some moments showing that he COULD be a really good OC, but the consistent performance is below expectations. I have a hard time reasoning with how this offense took such a step back and really hasn't progressively improved like you'd expect. We have elite talent at wideout, Fromm doesn't seem to have progressed like you'd expect either and the way Cook has been used this year is a joke. 

I'm kinda hoping whoever FSU hires throws a truckload of money at Coley. **** let FSU offer Coley the head coaching job, he fits the mold as a former assistant lol

Arkansas is said to be looking beyond offensive or defensive HC. They want someone with established recruiting connections in Texas. They recognize they need to pull talent out of Texas. Would point back to Mike Leach who showed a couple of years ago hes willing to take on the SEC. Boise State HC Bryan Harsin started at Arkansas State and has some ties to Texas. 

South Carolina will reportedly give Muschamp one more year to prove himself. Muschamp wants to keep his current staff but word is he might be forced to bring in a new voice or two.

37 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

South Carolina will reportedly give Muschamp one more year to prove himself. Muschamp wants to keep his current staff but word is he might be forced to bring in a new voice or two.

Yes there are rumors that bmac might get fired.  Another Muschamp OC bites the dust.

Deion Sanders said on NFL Network he has not spoken to FSU. He said he wants it but hasn't heard from anyone. Primetime promised he will be a college coach one day.

I dont know how good Deion is at coaching but I do think he could probably connect with recruits. College is a tough game though, the recruiting trail is relentless and unforgiving. I dont know if Deion realizes or understands what it will take.

10 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I dont know how good Deion is at coaching but I do think he could probably connect with recruits. College is a tough game though, the recruiting trail is relentless and unforgiving. I dont know if Deion realizes or understands what it will take.

Pretty much any high profile former player could connect with recruits.  Coaching them is entirely different.

Schiano's return to Rutgers continues to look good. Schiano had a meeting with the Governor of NJ yesterday. He reportedly discussed the infrastructure hes wanting built in Piscataway to support the program. 

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Pretty much any high profile former player could connect with recruits.  Coaching them is entirely different.

As is recruiting 

Being a celebrity and recruiting are not one and the same 

Turkeydawg likes this

Had an FSU booster friend of mine give me a buzz and he knows guys who work in the Athletic department along with other boosters (the guy met with taggart when he was first hired to give you an idea of who he knows).. anyways he claims he has heard Bob Stoops will be announced in the next few days.. The holdup has been how much financial support will the football program get and he was told between 180 to 220 million has been promised to address facilities, recruiting staff, and coaching staff.  The administration has finally come around to promising resources since the lack of a top tier football program has hurt not only in fund raising, but also the other non football programs are feeling the effects..  If you know anythinga about FSU a big issue has been the administration financial support.  It reminds me a lot of UGA during the CMR years.  I am not guaranteeing bob stoops is hired,  but just relaying the info i was told. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

The agent for Butch Jones has been pushing his case to Arkansas. Butch wants another crack at the SEC.

If Arkansas is smart, they won’t listen to Butch’s agent.

Bdawg58 likes this

On 11/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, SacFalcFan said:

yes please!

The agent for Butch Jones has been pushing his case to Arkansas. Butch wants another crack at the SEC.

:lol:

:lol:

:lol: I didn't accidentally post this three times...I'm still laughing at this news.