Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

243 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Rumors of Bob Stoops to FSU are out and about right now 

Yeah I think FSU's budget makes it more likely they fish from the Memphis level of schools. Bob and Mark Stoops will both be wanting at least $6 million per year imo and I don't see any way FSU can afford that with the current state of things there. Support has fallen off, facilities are in dire need of maintenance and upgrades and they're now on the hook for like $20 million just to make Taggart go away.

According to local media in Tallahassee they are in negotiations with Bob Stoops and could wrap up this week. They also claim Briles has been offered to remain OC. We'll se how good their sources are. 

It is known that FSU plans to announce a coach in November. They are not willing to wait.

Some news out of LA. Mike Bohn is reportedly reconsidering the USC AD job. USC president reportedly informed Bohn she will not allow the hire of Urban Meyer. Bohn is now leaning towards staying at Cincinnati. Bohn was going to go out and get Urban to rebuild the football program.

fibonaccisquared likes this

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

According to local media in Tallahassee they are in negotiations with Bob Stoops and could wrap up this week. They also claim Briles has been offered to remain OC. We'll se how good their sources are. 

It is known that FSU plans to announce a coach in November. They are not willing to wait.

Stoops is denying that he's a candidate (per Herbstreit) for whatever that's worth.

PJ Fleck and Minnesota agree to a 7 year extension. No money details yet. Buyout is reportedly $1M per year remaining. If he left this year it would be $7M if correct. His buyout before this was only $500K.

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

PJ Fleck and Minnesota agree to a 7 year extension. No money details yet. Buyout is reportedly $1M per year remaining. If he left this year it would be $7M if correct. His buyout before this was only $500K.

Smart play by MN

Fleck reportedly gets $4.6M per year with his new 7 year extension. That would be up from the $3.6M he was making. Deal also secured significant raises to his assistant coaching budget. 

m2Falcons likes this

Schiano met with Rutgers officials today but no deal done. Schiano is reportedly asking for a new practice facility and significant investment in assistant coaches. The deal isnt close at this point. If that fails then Butch Jones is expected to get the offer.

SacFalcFan likes this

30 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Schiano met with Rutgers officials today but no deal done. Schiano is reportedly asking for a new practice facility and significant investment in assistant coaches. The deal isnt close at this point. If that fails then Butch Jones is expected to get the offer.

Brick by Brick that 7 year rebuild can be done.  Come on Rutgers get on the Champions of Life Bandwagon!

Rutgers: Hey Schiano! You're a Jersey guy and you were pretty good here last time, wanna give it another go?

Schiano: Sounds good, but I'll need a commitment to provide the resources we need to be competitive.

Rutgers: Hey Butch! We really like what you did at Tennessee bro!

Rutgers gonna Rutgers.

Looks like Rutgers will give in to Schiano. Butch Jones withdrew from the search according to media in Tuscaloosa. Jones was the only other candidate. 

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Nah.

I think there are people behind the scenes playing games with this situation. Probably trying to get the AD fired or put pressure on them to hire a specific person by making it look like a clown show in the media.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

Nah.

I think there are people behind the scenes playing games with this situation. Probably trying to get the AD fired or put pressure on them to hire a specific person by making it look like a clown show in the media.

I think it’s the latter of your post in my opinion.

Carter likes this

I dont know about the Sanders thing but it could be a unique approach. Arizona State brought in Herm Edwards to be the face but with the intention of building his staff to manage and run the team since Herm had basically never been in college. Primetime could be brought in to woo recruits and bethenny face of the program. I doubt it but I'm just trying to make sense of it if its valid.

Jay Glazer throwing his weight behind the Sanders/FSU rumors. Glazer said he looked into it himself this morning and discovered it is legit.

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Arkansas has fired Chad Morris. Morris finished 4-18 and 0-14 in the SEC. Disastrous tenure.

So many thought that was a great hire at the time.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:53 AM, Unknøwn said:

I dont know about the Sanders thing but it could be a unique approach. Arizona State brought in Herm Edwards to be the face but with the intention of building his staff to manage and run the team since Herm had basically never been in college. Primetime could be brought in to woo recruits and bethenny face of the program. I doubt it but I'm just trying to make sense of it if its valid.

That would be a terrible idea.  Herm Edwards situation is completely different.  He has actual experience coaching.

LSU is gearing up to throw a blank check at Joe Brady. He'll reportedly get NFL OC money. Somewhere around $1.5-2M is the belief.

Mike Leach is a popular name at Arkansas. He'll hold out for FSU but Leach at Arkansas seems like a good match. Leach would definitely prefer FSU though. Mike Norvell also a name to watch, he was in the mix before Morris was hired. 

10 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mike Leach is a popular name at Arkansas. He'll hold out for FSU but Leach at Arkansas seems like a good match. Leach would definitely prefer FSU though. Mike Norvell also a name to watch, he was in the mix before Morris was hired. 

i want mike leach in the SEC..  please make it happen Arkansas!!