Followers 0
Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

259 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Interesting. I think more Del Rio than Meyer if they do make a change

Del Rio definitely wants it pretty bad.

tl;dr likes this

I wouldn’t mind Clay Helton coming to Athens to be OC if he is let go from USC this year. If memory serves, it was very heavily rumored that he was Kirby’s first choice for OC and the only reason it didn’t happen was because he got offered the full on head coaching position. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

FSU boosters are reportedly moving towards dumping Taggart and throwing a blank check at Urban Meyer.

yep i was reading on the fsu board they have the money for the buyout and it's happening..  should be interesting to see if meyer takes the $$$$ from fsu.. 

36 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Just as many expected, theres reports that Harbaugh's agent is contacting NFL teams.

If so what’s Les’ buyout at Kansas?

19 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

If so what’s Les’ buyout at Kansas?

Neither side has a traditional buyout. If Miles leaves he owes whatever money is left on the deal which would be about $11M after this season. He signed a 5 year deal for $2.7M per before the season. If Kansas was to fire Miles they too would pay whatever money is left on the deal. 

Harbaugh's buyout is $12M.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Neither side has a traditional buyout. If Miles leaves he owes whatever money is left on the deal which would be about $11M after this season. He signed a 5 year deal for $2.7M per before the season. If Kansas was to fire Miles they too would pay whatever money is left on the deal. 

Harbaugh's buyout is $12M.

I would think Les could get a bigger check if UM would offer. Not sure he’d be their top pick but think he’d do better than khaki pants

On 10/21/2019 at 8:20 PM, Unknøwn said:

FSU boosters are reportedly moving towards dumping Taggart and throwing a blank check at Urban Meyer.

How does their roster look?  Meyer is a good coach but he will not coach up a bad roster, thats why he left Florida...

Brett McMurphy saying sources inside USC told him they are gearing up to throw everything they have st Urban. 

USC is now set to name Cincy AD Mike Bohn it's new AD. Bohn and Urban are friends. Bohn and Urban already connected once with Luke Fickell being hired by Bohn at Cincy. USC insiders saying USC has been looking for an AD with a connection to Urban.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Brett McMurphy saying sources inside USC told him they are gearing up to throw everything they have st Urban. 

USC is now set to name Cincy AD Mike Bohn it's new AD. Bohn and Urban are friends. Bohn and Urban already connected once with Luke Fickell being hired by Bohn at Cincy. USC insiders saying USC has been looking for an AD with a connection to Urban.

I hope it happens. Think Dawgs have more upside with Helton as OC than we do with Coley. 

Not that I really expect Coley to be dumped after one season as the OC, but it would be a clear upgrade imo and Kirby has a long time friendship and professional relationship with Helton. 

5 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Is there a connection between Kirby and Helton?

Not that I'm aware of, they've never been on the same staff and Kirby was still in high school when Clay was playing at Auburn.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

4 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

If Helton and Bobo are gone from their respective HC positions.  Who would you want and why?  

Bobo but I’m biased and don’t know as much about Helton.  Lol

95Dawg likes this

Helton likely sealed his fate last night losing 56-24 at home. Not the game you want to have the week the new AD is brought in. It also doesnt help that Helton currently has the #64 recruiting class in the country coming in. Hes not coaching them up or bringing in the talent.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:09 AM, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Is there a connection between Kirby and Helton?

On 11/2/2019 at 8:17 AM, Unknøwn said:

Not that I'm aware of, they've never been on the same staff and Kirby was still in high school when Clay was playing at Auburn.

I may be wrong on their connection. Clay Helton was on the short list we got from insiders back when Kirby was first hired and looking for his first OC. There was some confusion with regard to his brother Tyson Helton, who was a co-OC at Western Kentucky under Jeff Brohm, but Clay was the target and not Tyson if I’m not mistaken. A lot of talk happened around this time and I may be confusing Helton with someone else as far as the history with Kirby.

Tyson was hired as the “QB coach and passing game coordinator” by Clay at USC, where they coached Sam Darnold together. Then he was hired as the outright OC by Pruitt at Tennessee, but he took the head coaching job at Western Kentucky after just one season.

When EJ Price was leaving USC and looking at transferring back closer to home, I seem to remember some talk about Kirby and Clay Helton being friends and our interest in bringing Price to Athens being dead after a phone conversation between the two because Price had some big attitude problems. I could be wrong though lol.

In any case I think Kirby would be interested in having Helton on staff. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Schiano is scheduled to meet with Rutgers this week. Deal could move quickly. Hes already been talking indirectly with school officials. Expectation is the two sides may wrap up a deal during the formal meeting.