Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

1,288 posts in this topic

Seems like Bobo wanted to bring some of his staff along and South Carolina was good with it. Have to think he would not agree to that deal without some assurances of having more than a season to turn things around.

There are other high quality options out there if Coley does indeed find himself elsewhere. I'm gonna have to set my expectations to nothing happening besides replacing Pittman and go from there. I have **** to do lol

Please go away coley but don’t think it will matter only way Kirby would change would be w someone like bobo he trusts. Sugar bowl gonna be the goal for a while unless we find the next real Herschel f$&@

sdogg likes this

Well crap I wanted to be maybe excited about Luke possibly coaching ol and maybe helping w play calling but the guy doesn’t exactly get great reviews on other boards - precious teams coaching- wasn’t a good ol coach - didn’t coach em up, decent recruiter, smells a lot like coley type hire if happens. Dkdkdjrnejedifidjensdnfjrndnfjje

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Bobo to South Carolina is final... I guess the hold up was the staff Bobo is bringing with him contracts. Those are complete. On to Matt Luke, hope we offer him OL coach and co-OC to help Coley 

What makes this final? What happened where u see this ?

4 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What makes this final? What happened where u see this ?

Before all the plane tracking we heard last night that SC had called a board meeting to approve his contract. Board is meeting Tuesday. The plane tracking just got everyone's hopes up. I'm pretty sure Bobo has been on the east coast for awhile though. He was spotted in Columbia a few days ago. That's how the news got out about his interest in that job.

Herm is after former Raiders and Browns HC Hue Jackson. Hue is the top choice to be OC ar Arizona State. Hue has worked in college before but not since he was the OC/QB at USC in 2000. It would be a return after nearly 20 years. Hue did coach RB/QBs at Arizona State from 1992 till 1995. 

Oregon State OC Brian Lindgren and Boise OC Zak Hill are also involved.

12 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

You should try something else.  Maybe wrassling.

Would be more believable to watch than uga winning the national championship under kirby smart era.

This team can win with Coley as OC next year. He’s shown enough for me to feel comfortable saying that. To get better we need to address what’s going on with Fromm and we need to improve the running game. 

Whatever is going on with Fromm is affecting his entire game. He’s got some mental demons that are affecting his mechanics and decision making that have to be corrected. I’ve been saying for weeks I hope we bring a qb guy on staff to help him. An off-season with the WRs should help.

We have to get better in the run game as well. Fromm deserves a lot of criticism for this year but the run game wasn’t helping him out. I know teams were stacking the box but there’s been tons of one dimensional offenses that continue to have success running the ball. Alabama won championships this way.  If Fromm can’t prove to be a threat to run from shotgun we need to get back to running from under center. 

Wardog357 likes this

11 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Then go cheer for someone else.  UGA doesn’t need you.

**** GT is more believable at winning a national championship in Kirby Smart era than UGA themselves. That's sad.

My apologies if anyone has already pointed this out, but posting increasingly inflammatory and unrealistic things is pretty much straight out of the Internet troll playbook. Just ignore him and let him go work out whatever is wrong in his life somewhere else while we have an actual discussion here.

22 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

This team can win with Coley as OC next year. He’s shown enough for me to feel comfortable saying that. To get better we need to address what’s going on with Fromm and we need to improve the running game. 

Whatever is going on with Fromm is affecting his entire game. He’s got some mental demons that are affecting his mechanics and decision making that have to be corrected. I’ve been saying for weeks I hope we bring a qb guy on staff to help him. An off-season with the WRs should help.

We have to get better in the run game as well. Fromm deserves a lot of criticism for this year but the run game wasn’t helping him out. I know teams were stacking the box but there’s been tons of one dimensional offenses that continue to have success running the ball. Alabama won championships this way.  If Fromm can’t prove to be a threat to run from shotgun we need to get back to running from under center. 

I am confused - What has Coley “shown you”, exactly?

sdogg likes this

29 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I believe Fromm’s issues aren’t mental. I have a feeling it’s one of two things or a combination of both. #1 - Mechanics aren’t being repeatedly being worked on and drilled into his head. #2 this year there was no threat of someone taking over as starter. Year 1 Eason could have came back from injury and reclaimed the starting QB spot and last year he had Fields pushing him for it.

As for #2, I’ve seen that a lot in the work force and it translate to athletes too. People start to get lazy and complacent because they have no fear of being fired or replaced because there is no one to take over their job immediately which has the same skill set. 

We should move this discussion to the UGA topic. Since this is the one on coaching changes. 

Edited by brdu4
Wardog357 and sdogg like this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The play calling has improved the second half of the season.  If we’re hitting open WRs or catching passes he would get less criticism.

fibonaccisquared likes this

30 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

No it can’t..this isn’t 2012 where you just run the ball down teams throats and have a QB to manage the game. 

41 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

What's wrong with Fromm, goes back to Cooley and his coaching. I'm not even talking about his game plans, schemes or playcalling, I'm taking about his coaching. Particularly his QB coaching duties. That, may be the issue with Fromm. 

g-dawg likes this

28 minutes ago, MattyIceonTap said:

My apologies if anyone has already pointed this out, but posting increasingly inflammatory and unrealistic things is pretty much straight out of the Internet troll playbook. Just ignore him and let him go work out whatever is wrong in his life somewhere else while we have an actual discussion here.

i don't know why people even respond to him.. 

I think expecting Coley to improve our offensive production next year personifies the definition of crazy - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. He is what he is.

As for Fromm, he's a very good system QB. He's not in the mold of Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, or even Joe Burrow as a game changer. Game manager, yes, game changer, no. Jake needs the right system and Coley's system isn't it.

sdogg likes this

50 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

teams were stacking the box but there’s been tons of one dimensional offenses that continue to have success running the ball. Alabama won championships this way.  

The last championship won this way was with Derrick Henry in 2015 and I wouldn’t expect another to be won that way anytime soon.

sdogg likes this

39 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If you haven’t seen Coley improve as a play caller this year you haven’t been paying attention. I’m not saying he’s great by any means but he’s good enough especially given the style Kirby wants to play with.

34 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

No it can’t..this isn’t 2012 where you just run the ball down teams throats and have a QB to manage the game. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

The last championship won this way was with Derrick Henry in 2015 and I wouldn’t expect another to be won that way anytime soon.

2015 was only 5 years ago. We were one play away from doing the same in 2017. I’m not saying we have to go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust but we can still win with a power run game and above average qb play. We already have the pieces in place to make that happen if we can get Fromm straightened out and get the run game going. 

1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

You are right about being able to run. OSU runs plenty with basically one power back who is a beast. So why can't we do the same thing here?