Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

1,416 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

South Carolina fans think he's their new OC

Let's see what happens

Its all up to him. Bobo will be able to pick where he wants to go. Plenty of teams would love to have his hands on their offense. I'm not sure SC is it though. Muschamp has 1 year left and Bentley isnt part of it.

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Already word out that Bobo has multiple SEC teams wanting to talk OC positions. 

Please let us be one of them. 

95Dawg likes this

Missouri should jump on Napier as HC, Bobo as OC. UGA would have a strong pull for Bobo you would imagine. I just dont know if Smart can give him all he wants right now. Coley isnt going to USF or anywhere else. I dont see Smart taking away play calls after 1 year. We'll have to see if a potential co-OC/QB is good enough for Bobo to go home.

31 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

So the consensus here is firing (or demoting) Fountain?

Yep, unless Coley “takes” a job elsewhere which isn’t likely 

2 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Read > Urban going to Cowboys?

I dont think the chancellor caved. She reportedly told Bohn when he accepted the job she would not allow Urban to coach at USC.

With Arkansas kicking the tires on Kiffin, FAU is gearing up an extension offer. Kiffin is said to be open to staying in FAU.

Texas has contacted Graham Harrell about their OC job. He is interested but hes also getting some buzz at UNLV and UTSA for their HC vacancy. I still think he'd prefer Texas and wait for a better HC opportunity. 

There is now speculation that Kiffin will pick between Ole Miss and Arkansas after the FAU game on Saturday. If accurate this just further cements Norvell to FSU IMO.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

There is now speculation that Kiffin will pick between Ole Miss and Arkansas after the FAU game on Saturday. If accurate this just further cements Norvell to FSU IMO.

Believe I'd go the Ole Miss route.

Missouri is reportedly talking to Blake Anderson, Jeff Monken and Skip Holtz. Nothing is beyond the early stages. Missouri board is reportedly not thrilled with this list the AD has. Nevada HC Jay Norvell is also among the names. The interest in Jim McElwain is minimal. Board wants the more splashy hire while the AD is looking for an experienced guy with a history of winning somewhere. As you might imagine, the Mizzou fans are also not thrilled with the list.

Jeff Tedford is stepping away from coaching for health reasons again. He resigned as Fresno State HC.

Some former HC's are interested in Colorado State. Jim Mora, Sarkisian and Jim Leavitt are all expressing some degree of interest. Ohio State assistant HC Tony Alford is seen as the favorite though. Alford is a CSU alum that wants to go home. 

Could we see Sark to CSU, Bobo to Bama?

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Jeff Tedford is stepping away from coaching for health reasons again. He resigned as Fresno State HC.

Some former HC's are interested in Colorado State. Jim Mora, Sarkisian and Jim Leavitt are all expressing some degree of interest. Ohio State assistant HC Tony Alford is seen as the favorite though. Alford is a CSU alum that wants to go home. 

Could we see Sark to CSU, Bobo to Bama?

Naw.

NFL Network reporter saying Stephen Jones, Jerry's son, has had conversations with Urban Meyer. Same report also says Lincoln Riley is among the top names on Jerry's list.

Boise state HC Bryan Harsin has been declining interview requests so far. Harsin is the name Missouri's board wants. Boise plays in the MWC title game tomorrow. We'll see what happens after that.