Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unknøwn

Coaching Carousel

26 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

By the way, Rutgers plan is to convince Greg Schiano to return. They feel hes their homerun hire.

Weird if true. Not sure he can replicate his previous results.

5 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Weird if true. Not sure he can replicate his previous results.

The reports are Schiano abruptly resigned from the Patriots staff because he got word of this. He didnt want to be tied to an NFL job at the end of the year. Let's him totally focus on recruiting and building a staff if he gets a deal done.

7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The reports are Schiano abruptly resigned from the Patriots staff because he got word of this. He didnt want to be tied to an NFL job at the end of the year. Let's him totally focus on recruiting and building a staff if he gets a deal done.

Sounds like they already have their guy then.

50 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Good for Rutgers if true.

19 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

So it begins, Rutgers fired Chris Ash this morning. 

I wonder where Ash ends up now. He seems to be a pretty good DC.  

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Schiano would be a heck of a hire and with them Rutgers being in the big 10 they will have the money they need to build up that program.  Greg Schiano can get the job done IMO.  

31 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I wonder where Ash ends up now. He seems to be a pretty good DC.  

Probably USC as DC for Urban. 

30 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Probably USC as DC for Urban. 

why don't they just fire helton and announce it now.. we all know that backroom deal has already been made between the important boosters and urban.  

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah I don't think Urban to USC stands a chance in **** of happening. People can move on from that nightmare. 

I can't imagine anything temping Urban more than getting that USC money with 0 expectations and getting to hide behind the facade of "supporting the players" with the new Cali vs NCAA debacle.

Puke.

fibonaccisquared likes this

20 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah I don't think Urban to USC stands a chance in **** of happening. People can move on from that nightmare. 

But why not? Urban isn't retired, hes waiting on the next prestigious program to call. It's what he does. USC will have a brand new AD wanting to make a splash. They'll dump a blank check on him. He was HC at Utah so hes not afraid to go west.

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Because the USC president hates his guts. 

USC has powerful boosters. They'll do what the money wants. Wayne Hughes has a ton of influence there. Hes already spent $400M donating to USC. Hes also the man who got Lynn Swann the AD job. If he wants Urban, he wont be the only big time booster, I think it's going to happen.

Back east, theres rumblings Va Tech is growing a little uneasy with Fuente. He hasnt been able to bring in the talent needed to compete. Patience will likely win out because Fuente has a $15M buyout if fired before the end of the year. Any later barely drops it to $12.5M.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

USC has powerful boosters. They'll do what the money wants. Wayne Hughes has a ton of influence there. Hes already spent $400M donating to USC. Hes also the man who got Lynn Swann the AD job. If he wants Urban, he wont be the only big time booster, I think it's going to happen.

I know all of this. I'll still believe it when I see it. Meyer and all of his baggage will be a huge PR nightmare pill to swallow--- for any program. 

On 10/1/2019 at 11:18 AM, Unknøwn said:

Back east, theres rumblings Va Tech is growing a little uneasy with Fuente. He hasnt been able to bring in the talent needed to compete. Patience will likely win out because Fuente has a $15M buyout if fired before the end of the year. Any later barely drops it to $12.5M.

I wanted Fuente before UGA hired Kirby.  I ate my crow a long time ago but I am so glad I am wrong.  

Frustration is setting in at Vandy. After the 34-10 loss to UNLV theres rumblings Derek Mason is nearing the end. Vandy has been bad even by Vandy standards this year. 

Helton going 3-3 in his first 6 games isn’t half bad considering the QB injuries and the opponents. The only game that I don’t  really get is BYU, but they’ve won several odd games this year.

Helton is still likely gone though, but someone will inherit a decent team.

Would be awesome to get Saban vs. Meyer game 1 next year, but I doubt that happens 

49 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Helton going 3-3 in his first 6 games isn’t half bad considering the QB injuries and the opponents. The only game that I don’t  really get is BYU, but they’ve won several odd games this year.

Helton is still likely gone though, but someone will inherit a decent team.

Would be awesome to get Saban vs. Meyer game 1 next year, but I doubt that happens 

USC Interim AD has been asked about Helton. He just said they're leaving it to the new AD to decide the future of Helton and the football program.

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

USC Interim AD has been asked about Helton. He just said they're leaving it to the new AD to decide the future of Helton and the football program.

Interesting. I think more Del Rio than Meyer if they do make a change