Jump to content

Coaching Carousel


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is too true of UGA fans

Rivals has confirmed Monken is replacing Coley as the OC and Monken will have playcalling duties. They are not sure what Coley's role is at this time.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Weird if true. Not sure he can replicate his previous results.

The reports are Schiano abruptly resigned from the Patriots staff because he got word of this. He didnt want to be tied to an NFL job at the end of the year. Let's him totally focus on recruiting and building a staff if he gets a deal done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

The reports are Schiano abruptly resigned from the Patriots staff because he got word of this. He didnt want to be tied to an NFL job at the end of the year. Let's him totally focus on recruiting and building a staff if he gets a deal done.

Sounds like they already have their guy then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The reports are Schiano abruptly resigned from the Patriots staff because he got word of this. He didnt want to be tied to an NFL job at the end of the year. Let's him totally focus on recruiting and building a staff if he gets a deal done.

Schiano would be a heck of a hire and with them Rutgers being in the big 10 they will have the money they need to build up that program.  Greg Schiano can get the job done IMO.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah I don't think Urban to USC stands a chance in **** of happening. People can move on from that nightmare. 

I can't imagine anything temping Urban more than getting that USC money with 0 expectations and getting to hide behind the facade of "supporting the players" with the new Cali vs NCAA debacle.

 

Puke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah I don't think Urban to USC stands a chance in **** of happening. People can move on from that nightmare. 

But why not? Urban isn't retired, hes waiting on the next prestigious program to call. It's what he does. USC will have a brand new AD wanting to make a splash. They'll dump a blank check on him. He was HC at Utah so hes not afraid to go west.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Because the USC president hates his guts. 

USC has powerful boosters. They'll do what the money wants. Wayne Hughes has a ton of influence there. Hes already spent $400M donating to USC. Hes also the man who got Lynn Swann the AD job. If he wants Urban, he wont be the only big time booster, I think it's going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

USC has powerful boosters. They'll do what the money wants. Wayne Hughes has a ton of influence there. Hes already spent $400M donating to USC. Hes also the man who got Lynn Swann the AD job. If he wants Urban, he wont be the only big time booster, I think it's going to happen.

I know all of this. I'll still believe it when I see it. Meyer and all of his baggage will be a huge PR nightmare pill to swallow--- for any program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 11:18 AM, Unknøwn said:

Back east, theres rumblings Va Tech is growing a little uneasy with Fuente. He hasnt been able to bring in the talent needed to compete. Patience will likely win out because Fuente has a $15M buyout if fired before the end of the year. Any later barely drops it to $12.5M.

I wanted Fuente before UGA hired Kirby.  I ate my crow a long time ago but I am so glad I am wrong.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helton going 3-3 in his first 6 games isn’t half bad considering the QB injuries and the opponents. The only game that I don’t  really get is BYU, but they’ve won several odd games this year.

Helton is still likely gone though, but someone will inherit a decent team.

Would be awesome to get Saban vs. Meyer game 1 next year, but I doubt that happens 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Helton going 3-3 in his first 6 games isn’t half bad considering the QB injuries and the opponents. The only game that I don’t  really get is BYU, but they’ve won several odd games this year.

Helton is still likely gone though, but someone will inherit a decent team.

Would be awesome to get Saban vs. Meyer game 1 next year, but I doubt that happens 

USC Interim AD has been asked about Helton. He just said they're leaving it to the new AD to decide the future of Helton and the football program.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...