Falcons must break AFC home curse against Titans today.

mqg96

What's so special about the AFC? What's so special about that conference to the point where the Falcons can't beat them anymore? I know since the Chargers in 2016, we've lost 11 of our last 12 AFC games overall (including the Super Bowl), but you want to know what's even worse, since 2013, we've lost 11 of our last 12 AFC home games. How could the Falcons have the worst non-conference home record in the NFL the past 6 seasons? I don't understand why this has been the case the past several seasons. This has included mediocre losses to the Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, and so forth.

In 2015, we beat the Houston Texans by a final score of 48-21. That was Dan Quinn's 1st AFC home game, and it's Dan Quinn's only AFC home win to this very day. Not only that, but it's the Falcons only AFC home win since the 2013 season. We better get over it today, because I was really upset after that Colts loss on the road last weekend. I still want Quinn out after that loss, but if he loses to the Titans today and it's yet another AFC home loss for the Falcons, the writing on the wall will be clear, and the Falcons will have to wait until the Jaguars to get another chance. 

We have issues against AFC teams cause our couches are not good at game planning or adjustments during the game. AFC opponents are un familiar and for OUR coaches that is a huge problem. Coaches for others teams are just better prepared and are capable of making in game adjustments, not ours.

Some stats mean nothing. This falls into that category. It's like trying to make meaning of the fact that the Falcons have won the last 10 times they have worn their throwback uni's. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but that stat would bear the same relevance to anything as their recent record against the AFC... zero. 

47 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

What's so special about the AFC? What's so special about that conference to the point where the Falcons can't beat them anymore? I know since the Chargers in 2016, we've lost 11 of our last 12 AFC games overall (including the Super Bowl), but you want to know what's even worse, since 2013, we've lost 11 of our last 12 AFC home games. How could the Falcons have the worst non-conference home record in the NFL the past 6 seasons? I don't understand why this has been the case the past several seasons. This has included mediocre losses to the Chargers, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, and so forth.

In 2015, we beat the Houston Texans by a final score of 48-21. That was Dan Quinn's 1st AFC home game, and it's Dan Quinn's only AFC home win to this very day. Not only that, but it's the Falcons only AFC home win since the 2013 season. We better get over it today, because I was really upset after that Colts loss on the road last weekend. I still want Quinn out after that loss, but if he loses to the Titans today and it's yet another AFC home loss for the Falcons, the writing on the wall will be clear, and the Falcons will have to wait until the Jaguars to get another chance. 

I’m almost at the point of pulling for the Falcons too lose just so Quinn and his entire coaching staff can be replaced sooner!!! Even if he wins this game and goes on to finish 9-7 or 10-6! These Falcons Soft, undisciplined, underachieving, penalty-ridden bunch will be destroyed in the playoffs by a physical team! It’s time to go back to factory settings and start over! Quinn had his shot and was up 28-3 and lost it! He has since being given 3 more opportunities......And we are still patiently waiting not for Wins but for a Championship! And this year they have regressed to the point that even getting a Win will be difficult??

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

I’m almost at the point of pulling for the Falcons too lose just so Quinn and his entire coaching staff can be replaced sooner!!! Even if he wins this game and goes on to finish 9-7 or 10-6! These Falcons Soft, undisciplined, underachieving, penalty-ridden bunch will be destroyed in the playoffs by a physical team! It’s time to go back to factory settings and start over! Quinn had his shot and was up 28-3 and lost it! He has since being given 3 more opportunities......And we are still patiently waiting not for Wins but for a Championship! And this year they have regressed to the point that even getting a Win will be difficult??

Are you kidding me. I never want the Falcons (or any of my teams) to lose. I want this win badly. I don't want to just beat the Titans today, but I also want a win in Houston next week too so we can get our season back on track. This comes down to what the Falcons do. Don't beat yourself with boneheaded penalties. Come in fully prepared instead of coming in unprepared like you did against the Vikings and Colts. 

5 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Are you kidding me. I never want the Falcons (or any of my teams) to lose. I want this win badly. I don't want to just beat the Titans today, but I also want a win in Houston next week too so we can get our season back on track. This comes down to what the Falcons do. Don't beat yourself with boneheaded penalties. Come in fully prepared instead of coming in unprepared like you did against the Vikings and Colts. 

It’s obvious that you still have hope for this team even though the evidence points to the sad facts that the players themselves have already given up on this coaching staff!

Here's some more alarming stats when it comes to the Falcons against the AFC. Going back to 2013 the Falcons are 5-21 ATS and 7-19 SU against AFC opponents. Alarmingly, the Falcons are 0-12 ATS and just 1-11 SU in their last 12 games against AFC opponents. Ouch. 

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

Is this somehow related to SB51?  The Pats were, of course, from the AFC, so do Quinn and the Falcons have an AFCphobia or something?

Not necessarily, but in the Super Bowl on neutral site, the Falcons were designated as the home team in red jerseys and the Patriots were designated as the road team in white jerseys. Our AFC problems started well before the Super Bowl against the Patriots. The Falcons haven't been consistent vs. the AFC since 2012. We did go 3-1 vs. a horribly weak AFC South in 2015, but outside of that year we've been mediocre all the other years. Also today, we're wearing our throwbacks vs. the Titans. We lost to the Chargers, Bills, and Bengals wearing our throwbacks. 

29 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Not necessarily, but in the Super Bowl on neutral site, the Falcons were designated as the home team in red jerseys and the Patriots were designated as the road team in white jerseys. Our AFC problems started well before the Super Bowl against the Patriots. The Falcons haven't been consistent vs. the AFC since 2012. We did go 3-1 vs. a horribly weak AFC South in 2015, but outside of that year we've been mediocre all the other years. Also today, we're wearing our throwbacks vs. the Titans. We lost to the Chargers, Bills, and Bengals wearing our throwbacks. 

If uniform color is determining our wins and losses, we might as well be having a team astrologist on the sidelines.