IamFRESCO1

Titans say this a "must win" for them

24 posts in this topic

Not sure who they've got left to play, but their division could quite easily split so 9 wins might be good enough, whereas ours is going to be 10/11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s to the “must win” stage but make no mistake. It’s very important for both teams as both have underperformed and both looking to rebound. If Mariota falters then we could see Tannehill. We still should easily win this game if our, ahem “talent” shows up. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s to the “must win” stage but make no mistake. It’s very important for both teams as both have underperformed and both looking to rebound. If Mariota falters then we could see Tannehill. We still should easily win this game if our, ahem “talent” shows up. 

Well how many times do we as Falcons fans say we should win this game no problem. Then once the game is over we are left wondering what all went wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, high impact said:

Well how many times do we as Falcons fans say we should win this game no problem. Then once the game is over we are left wondering what all went wrong. 

Sometimes I use an old saying. “If it costs a dime to go around the world, then I couldn’t get outta sight.”  To turn it around, “If I had a dime every time the Falcons disappointed, I could afford to go around the world!!!” :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Titans looked at our AFC record and will be banished from the NFL if they lose to the 2000s Cleveland Browns of the NFC 

We were never the browns of the nfc in the 2000’s. I think that belonged to either the lions or cardinals. We were a playoff contender in the 2000’s. Including a NFCG appearance against Philly. The years we missed either Vick was hurt or the dog thing happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s to the “must win” stage but make no mistake. It’s very important for both teams as both have underperformed and both looking to rebound. If Mariota falters then we could see Tannehill. We still should easily win this game if our, ahem “talent” shows up. 

No game is an easy win in the nfl. Especially when you go into a game thinking that way. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We were never the browns of the nfc in the 2000’s. I think that belonged to either the lions or cardinals. We were a playoff contender in the 2000’s. Including a NFCG appearance against Philly. The years we missed either Vick was hurt or the dog thing happened. 

I think he’s saying we’re currently comparable to the Browns of 2000s

IamFRESCO1 and SkerFalcon8710 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, high impact said:

Well how many times do we as Falcons fans say we should win this game no problem. Then once the game is over we are left wondering what all went wrong. 

Almost EVERY game? I don't like saying it...but I see an EASY victory for Tennessee.

dodge_birds_fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

We were never the browns of the nfc in the 2000’s. I think that belonged to either the lions or cardinals. We were a playoff contender in the 2000’s. Including a NFCG appearance against Philly. The years we missed either Vick was hurt or the dog thing happened. 

Im saying we are currently the 2000-10’s browns when playing the AFC. Not that we were the browns in the 2000s 

IamFRESCO1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Titans looked at our AFC record and will be banished from the NFL if they lose to the 2000s Cleveland Browns of the NFC 

The 2000 Browns the 2000 Superbowl Champion Ravens :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Sometimes I use an old saying. “If it costs a dime to go around the world, then I couldn’t get outta sight.”  To turn it around, “If I had a dime every time the Falcons disappointed, I could afford to go around the world!!!” :lol:

Reads like your too broke to come up with a tiny fraction of.a.dime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

The 2000 Browns the 2000 Superbowl Champion Ravens :lol:

.... 2000s as in MULTIPLE YEARS.

 

**** yall are special 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They know if they can't beat us the way we are playing,, They must have a terrible team... 

If TD don't make some bold moves,,  We will be out of it sooner rather than latter...

Let me say that in another way,,,  WE need to go back to the O# we've always won with,, If they don't get our O# clicking,,, It's over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

No game is an easy win in the nfl. Especially when you go into a game thinking that way. 

Also if you do know how to identify a team's weakness and attack it. Football is 99% mental. That's the real reason the Patriots are a dynasty.

falconfreak1 and TheFatboi like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Also if you do know how to identify a team's weakness and attack it. Football is 99% mental. That's the real reason the Patriots are a dynasty.

Absolutely. It’s chess. It’s warfare. You have to identify your opponents weakness and attack it. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Also if you do know how to identify a team's weakness and attack it. Football is 99% mental. That's the real reason the Patriots are a dynasty.

Having a HOF kicker early on and a HOF QB later played a huge part.Theres more than one reason they are a dynasty. Playing in the worst division in football helps too.

When Mark Sanchez is the only other QB to win a playoff game from that division in the Belichick era, it should tell you something. Brady is the only bonafide franchise QB to play in that division this millennium.

 

The NFC South has three different QBs win MVP and lead their teams to the SB in that time. The NFC East has two teams that have won SBs, just as the AFC North Ravens who have 2 in 21 years and Steelers have won a SB. The NFC north sent the Bears and Packers to the SB since the Pats dynasty existed; the NFC West has sent three different teams to the SB during this era as well. 

Outside the AFC south I can’t think of a less competitive division since Brady and Belichick connected.

 

Edited by ant.accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now