Running Game

Flyin' In DC

It seems to me that after a Season+ of not being off the field Freeman, although probably healthy, has a lot of rust to knock off. I get that he is probably closer to the end of his career than not with his running style but I think he has gas left in the tank. 

The run blocking has not been great but the O-Line seems to be getting closer to being a pretty good unit.(Matt seems to have a little more time and needs to trust that but that is a different topic) My issue has been that it doesn't seem that Freeman is seeing the holes when they are there.

This past week Freeman went 16 for 88 with several runs that we saw a few years ago. As long as that continues this offense is going to start putting points on the board

In conclusion I don't think Freeman  will win any awards or rush for crazy numbers but I don't think he is done and he will be a huge part of this offense as it finally gets off the ground

This is my strong opinion. Take for what its worth and you can disagree all you want. We are all supposed to be fans of this team so I hope people respect the other OPINIONS without getting nasty or personal

Freeman hasn't shown much in a long time. It would be nice if he could regain his past success. My honest opinion is him and Vic Measley are robbing the Falcons. I've been done with Freeman since the 28-3 sack fumble that changed the entire game. I can't help but believe he did nothing on that play because he was mad the Falcons weren't running the ball.

I love free and he was my guy in that years draft. I hope he can fully return to form. Right now he's missing that twitch that made him special.he still plenty dangerous and by no means should he be benched/cut like some have said but I'd love to see that Free that's surrounded by 3 guys but makes them all miss and goes for another 5.

He needs to put together a few good games to convince himself he's back. I've seen him frustrated a few times this year, which really isn't him.

Free looked much better last game. If he continues to show that kind of improvement this game peeps should be able to take a deep breath and regain their faith in him. Will he ever duplicate his best rushing seasons of '15 and '16? Probably not, but reports of his demise as a productive RB and impact player are greatly exaggerated imo.

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Freeman hasn't shown much in a long time. It would be nice if he could regain his past success. My honest opinion is him and Vic Measley are robbing the Falcons. I've been done with Freeman since the 28-3 sack fumble that changed the entire game. I can't help but believe he did nothing on that play because he was mad the Falcons weren't running the ball.

To me it looked more like he was think Ryan would be forced to dump the pass off to him, instead of throwing the ball down field. May have worked if Ryan had not been focused on the other side of the field. 

What are we run to open the pass or pass to open the run up.

Once we figure which we are hen I think we’ll see more impact from Free.

We first off need to figure what we are as a team offensively then build from here.

PS for me we are pass to open up the run.So if we are let’s not overthink this and actually be that.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

What are we run to open the pass or pass to open the run up.

Once we figure which we are hen I think we’ll see more impact from Free.

We first off need to figure what we are as a team offensively then build from here.

PS for me we are pass to open up the run.So if we are let’s not overthink this and actually be that.

This. Running on first downs is putting offense in 3rd and longs. Be aggressive on first downs, the teams will sell out to stop pass.