Mississippi vs Alabama

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fromm had a 65% completion rate and no picks. Tua had a 40% completion rate and 2 picks. Dig a little deeper.

UVA is better than people realize too. I think a lot of times people want teams like Alabama, Georgia, etc. to play big brands. In reality, if either team dropped a G5 OOC game and scheduled say SMU (

Ya know, you're right. I am done with this. Like you said, I support my team, I love my alma mater,  and I love the titles! All this talk really doesn't matter. @Carter nothing but respect for yo

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Post UGA’s OOC regular season schedule over the last 20 years. Heck, last 10 years. Go for it and let’s compare. 

This is really beside the point but ok. I'm bored enough for this lol. fbschedules.com goes back to 2008 so I will just use that. It's pretty much the start of the Saban era anyway. I could probably go back 20 years if I look around at some other sites but whatever.

Home games unless otherwise noted.

Alabama...
2019: Duke (in Atlanta), New Mexico State, Southern Miss, Western Carolina
2018: Louisville (in Orlando), Arkansas State, Louisiana, The Citadel
2017: Florida State (in Atlanta), Fresno State, Colorado State, Mercer
2016: USC (in Arlington), Western Kentucky, Kent State, Chattanooga
2015: Wisconsin (in Arlington), Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe, Charleston Southern
2014: West Virginia (in Atlanta), Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Western Carolina
2013: Virginia Tech (in Atlanta), Colorado State, Georgia State, Chattanooga
2012: Michigan (in Arlington), Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina
2011: Kent State, @ Penn State, North Texas, Georgia Southern
2010: San Jose State, Penn State, @ Duke, Georgia State
2009: Virginia Tech (in Atlanta), Florida International, North Texas, Chattanooga
2008: Clemson (in Atlanta), Tulane, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State

Total Power 5 teams scheduled: 13 (10 neutral site, 2 away, 1 home)

Georgia...
2019: Murray State, Arkansas State, Notre Dame, @ Georgia Tech
2018: Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, UMass, Georgia Tech
2017: App State, @ Notre Dame, Samford, @ Georgia Tech
2016: North Carolina (in Atlanta), Nicholls, Louisiana, Georgia Tech
2015: Louisiana-Monroe, Southern, Georgia Southern, @ Georgia Tech
2014: Clemson, Troy, Charleston Southern, Georgia Tech
2013: @ Clemson, North Texas, App State, @ Georgia Tech
2012: Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech
2011: Boise State (in Atlanta), Coastal Carolina, New Mexico State, @ Georgia Tech
2010: Louisiana, @ Colorado, Idaho State, Georgia Tech
2009: @ Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Tennessee Tech, @ Georgia Tech
2008: Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, @ Arizona State, Georgia Tech

Total Power 5 teams scheduled: 21 + peak Boise State (2 neutral site, 11 away, 9 home)

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

This is really beside the point but ok. I'm bored enough for this lol. fbschedules.com goes back to 2008 so I will just use that. It's pretty much the start of the Saban era anyway. I could probably go back 20 years if I look around at some other sites but whatever.

Alabama...
2015: Wisconsin (in Arlington), Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe, Charleston Southern
2014: West Virginia (in Atlanta), Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Western Carolina
2012: Michigan (in Arlington), Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina
2009: Virginia Tech (in Atlanta), Florida International, North Texas, Chattanooga

Georgia...
2011: Boise State (in Atlanta), Coastal Carolina, New Mexico State, @ Georgia Tech

Total Power 5 teams scheduled: 21 + peak Boise State (2 neutral site, 11 away, 9 home)

You play GT every year,  in state rivals,  please.

Without your in state wiping boy, you have played 9.

Classic example of using stats to try and prove your point. Even realistic GA fans can see the erroneous data in that comparison!

And btw, Tua was injured in the game where you are comparing his stats to Fromm's. Once again using erroneous data.

Edited by BamaBirdLady
More information
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Actually he didn't, but good job skirting around an argument you can't win.

Tua was 10/25, 164 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Bama would have lost if Jalen wasn't the backup.

So Tua pits up those numbers against UGA and its terrible but Fromm does it against Vandy and its acceptable? Lmao whatever helps ya sleep at night

4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You play GT every year,  in state rivals,  please.

Without your in state wiping boy, you have played 9.

Classic example of using stats to try and prove your point. Even realistic GA fans can see the erroneous stats in that comparison!

We're throwing in extra conditions now? :lol: 

Why should it be held against us that we play an in-state power 5 rivalry every year? We have lost some of those games btw. Not many. But Tech had a run of competing for and winning the ACC championship in that time span. They're at least as good as DUKE being on the schedule and it's a better argument than saying Duke has a monster defense lmao

32 minutes ago, Carter said:

Alabama...

Georgia...

**** you are bored. Lol. I’ve moved on. @Ovie_Lover in his own way convinced me (without realizing) maybe that I don’t really care about this topic as much as I thought. I will support my team no matter what outsiders say. History don’t care. Titles matter. Thanks for the info though. I did enjoy the read. 

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

We're throwing in extra conditions now? :lol: 

Why should it be held against us that we play an in-state power 5 rivalry every year? We have lost some of those games btw. Not many. But Tech had a run of competing for and winning the ACC championship in that time span. They're at least as good as DUKE being on the schedule and it's a better argument than saying Duke has a monster defense lmao

What I was trying to explain to you is a statistical facts. You can't compare your OOC schedule to ours when every year your in state rival game is an OOC game and we do not play the same. That is not an accurate outcome. Now if you want an inaccurate outcome to fit your argument,  then use the GT games. 

So please tell me, what year since 2008 has GT been in the mix for an ACC title. I don't remember them in the title game, but maybe I missed that.

Who said Duke had a monster defense?

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

What I was trying to explain to you is a statistical facts. You can't compare your OOC schedule to ours when every year your in state rival game is an OOC game and we do not play the same. That is not an accurate outcome. Now if you want an inaccurate outcome to fit your argument,  then use the GT games. 

So please tell me, what year since 2008 has GT been in the mix for an ACC title. I don't remember them in the title game, but maybe I missed that.

It’s really easier than all this. Just look at regular season strength of schedule each year since Saban took over because that’s all that really matters. (And I honestly don’t know which way it would go.) @Carter c’mon man you said you were bored! 

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

It’s really easier than all this. Just look at regular season strength of schedule each year since Saban took over because that’s all that really matters. (And I honestly don’t know which way it would go.) @Carter c’mon man you said you were bored! 

Ya know, you're right. I am done with this. Like you said, I support my team, I love my alma mater,  and I love the titles!

All this talk really doesn't matter. @Carter nothing but respect for you and your love for the Dawgs. Peace.

11 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

How do you prove an argument without stats to back it up? Perception? We know both sides are biased to their team so stats (aka facts) are used to build an argument. By removing GT, you’re  cherry picking to try and make your argument? Why don’t we exclude Bama’s neutral site games? I’ll tell you why: it’s because those games are relevant to the argument. Just as GT is. Just like Georgia has played half of those games at an opposing team’s stadium compared to Alabama’s 2 in the same time frame. 

13 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

So taking away one of UGA's out of conference power 5 games would make a comparison of out of conference power 5 games more accurate?

Monster defense is an exaggeration on what was said :lol: but here is the quote...

7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

LSU's defense has been OK, but it isn't great or even that good this year. We have come a long way since the 9-6 game as this year's game could be 59-56 lol...

Bill Battle really screwed Alabama by agreeing to play any ACC team in the Chick Fil A kickoff which is why we got Duke and not someone else (although looking at the ACC, Duke might be one of the better teams). Despite that, Duke is Alabama's signature win and might be going into October lol... Duke is a better team that people realize. That defense is nasty and is honestly probably the 2nd best defense Alabama will face all year until the SECCG. 

I know people are quick to say LOLDUKE, but that's a better team than people realize. I'm surprised by it, but they returned a lot of people from what was already a decent defense and their QB play has been better than I was thinking it would be for a first year starter. 

I don't even really disagree with anything tl;dr says here lol. UGA plays one of those kickoff games against Virginia next year btw and I even mentioned to Sac that that game looks like a better matchup now than it did when it was announced a few years ago. But of course we will be expected to blow them out, especially if Fromm comes back for his senior year... and we won't get much credit for beating them. It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

So taking away one of UGA's out of conference power 5 games would make a comparison of out of conference power 5 games more accurate?

Monster defense is an exaggeration on what was said :lol: but here is the quote...

I don't even really disagree with anything tl;dr says here lol. UGA plays one of those kickoff games against Virginia next year btw and I even mentioned to Sac that that game looks like a better matchup now than it did when it was announced a few years ago. But of course we will be expected to blow them out, especially if Fromm comes back for his senior year... and we won't get much credit for beating them. It is what it is.

Yea I'm not so sure that they are a "nasty defense ", but they sure played up to us and you have to give them credit for that.

You never know about those opening game, who would have thought VA would have been ranked? ND beating them really helped GA's resume. 

I have as feeling Fromm will come back. He is a GA guy, just like McMarron, McElroy,  Alexander were Bama guys. Has nothing to do with draft status,  just how they feel about university. 

Regarding Georgia Tech being a contender in the ACC @BamaBirdLady they won it in 2009 and we beat them that year, but they had to vacate wins that season. They were challenging for the ACC title most years from like 2006-2012 or so and then things started slowly falling apart for Paul Johnson until they replaced him after last season.

11 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Ya know, you're right. I am done with this. Like you said, I support my team, I love my alma mater,  and I love the titles!

All this talk really doesn't matter. @Carter nothing but respect for you and your love for the Dawgs. Peace.

I have no problem with yall lol and I don't "hate" Bama. Tons of respect there. Florida, I hate. They can get bent. All this talk in this thread really came from yall taking issue with a UGA fan pointing out that Bama hasn't played anyone yet and pointing out that Tua will look great all season but needs to prove himself against quality defenses.

I think Bama goes 12-0 or 11-1 and gets to Atlanta for another rematch with my Dawgs. It's beyond time we beat yall again! :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

UVA is better than people realize too. I think a lot of times people want teams like Alabama, Georgia, etc. to play big brands. In reality, if either team dropped a G5 OOC game and scheduled say SMU (another G5 team I know), people would complain. But in reality, SMU is a good team this year. A lot of what it comes down to is the perception of other teams. Let's say Oklahoma for instance scheduled Cal instead of USC for this year. People would be livid that they played Cal and would have asked why they weren't playing USC. In reality, Cal is a better match up than USC this year.

So in short, I think a lot of people look at the name on the front of the jersey and automatically make a judgement about a team. People did that with Duke this year, and they will with UVA too. 

If you want my honest opinion though, I think both Alabama and Georgia got luck with Duke and UVA lol. Neither team was expected to be that good, but both may end up being solid 8/9 win teams. 

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Regarding Georgia Tech being a contender in the ACC @BamaBirdLady they won it in 2009 and we beat them that year, but they had to vacate wins that season. They were challenging for the ACC title most years from like 2006-2012 or so and then things started slowly falling apart for Paul Johnson until they replaced him after last season.

I have no problem with yall lol and I don't "hate" Bama. Tons of respect there. Florida, I hate. They can get bent. All this talk in this thread really came from yall taking issue with a UGA fan pointing out that Bama hasn't played anyone yet and pointing out that Tua will look great all season but needs to prove himself against quality defenses.

I think Bama goes 12-0 or 11-1 and gets to Atlanta for another rematch with my Dawgs. It's beyond time we beat yall again! :lol: 

If Alabama and Georgia meet in Atlanta and each are 12-0, I wouldn't be shocked if both make it to the playoff barring a blowout. The Pac 12 is out, and then let's say the Big 12 champ has at least 1 loss, I think a 12-1 SEC runner up gets in over them. Even then, a 12-1 SEC runner up should in over a 12-1 Clemson no matter who that loss is to 

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If Alabama and Georgia meet in Atlanta and each are 12-0, I wouldn't be shocked if both make it to the playoff barring a blowout. The Pac 12 is out, and then let's say the Big 12 champ has at least 1 loss, I think a 12-1 SEC runner up gets in over them. Even then, a 12-1 SEC runner up should in over a 12-1 Clemson no matter who that loss is to 

Clemson looks beatable for real. Everyone had that offense pegged to be unstoppable with almost everyone returning and the defense would struggle a little with so many big departures. Has almost been the opposite. Their defense has been mostly solid but offensively they have been mediocre.

I have said for a while that Clemson’s failure to recruit on the offensive line would eventually bite them hard. Their OL recruiting has been abysmal. I thought it might not really show up until next year but it seems to be a problem already. Lawrence has also been very pedestrian.

My preseason final 4 prediction was Oklahoma, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson. My thinking was with Clemson having an early season loss but powering through the rest of the schedule and UGA losing one at some point but winning the SEC. If Clemson loses to anyone now they should be out, they play no one good. If both Bama and Georgia are there at the end with 1 loss or better then I think you could be right.

Pure hypothetical here. Say Clemson does lose and they’re out. If Notre Dame wins out and they are 11-1, UGA wins the SEC at 13-0 or 12-1... does ND get in over Bama? (assuming in this scenario Bama loses the SEC title game with that being their 1 loss)

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Clemson looks beatable for real. Everyone had that offense pegged to be unstoppable with almost everyone returning and the defense would struggle a little with so many big departures. Has almost been the opposite. Their defense has been mostly solid but offensively they have been mediocre.

I have said for a while that Clemson’s failure to recruit on the offensive line would eventually bite them hard. Their OL recruiting has been abysmal. I thought it might not really show up until next year but it seems to be a problem already. Lawrence has also been very pedestrian.

My preseason final 4 prediction was Oklahoma, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson. My thinking was with Clemson having an early season loss but powering through the rest of the schedule and UGA losing one at some point but winning the SEC. If Clemson loses to anyone now they should be out, they play no one good. If both Bama and Georgia are there at the end with 1 loss or better then I think you could be right.

Pure hypothetical here. Say Clemson does lose and they’re out. If Notre Dame wins out and they are 11-1, UGA wins the SEC at 13-0 or 12-1... does ND get in over Bama? (assuming in this scenario Bama loses the SEC title game with that being their 1 loss)

I think Bama gets the nod in that scenario. They would have wins over LSU and Auburn who right now look like top 10 if not both top 5 teams. In doing so they would also be showing they can out score a high powered offense in LSU and beat a solid defensive team in Auburn. OOC games aside that’s a stronger resume than ND can put up. 

Also, given their history I think the committee gives Bama the nod against any team with the same record. Many folks may not like that but it’s hard to argue against. 

I’m not necessarily saying they do or don’t deserve it but that’s just how I see it playing out.