Mississippi vs Alabama

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i would expect clemson to have the vast majority of their players from sec states due to their location, but a big reason they are a sure thing to make the playoff is due to their inconference easy schedule.  look at the acc..  they are horrible this year.  the best team is most likely virginia.  no offense to virginia with perkins, but they have no business being the 2nd best team in a conference.. clemson even though their blueship ratio and talent is far above all acc teams will still struggle against teams like north carolina, syracuse, and other crap acc teams.  

Yes, they have SEC talent playing against ACC talent.  Thats why they are good but like you said, its a few teams in that conference that still give them a hard time.  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fromm had a 65% completion rate and no picks. Tua had a 40% completion rate and 2 picks. Dig a little deeper.

UVA is better than people realize too. I think a lot of times people want teams like Alabama, Georgia, etc. to play big brands. In reality, if either team dropped a G5 OOC game and scheduled say SMU (

Ya know, you're right. I am done with this. Like you said, I support my team, I love my alma mater,  and I love the titles! All this talk really doesn't matter. @Carter nothing but respect for yo

Posted Images

Lmao I love football season!

The funniest thing about this discussion is that the only people who don’t realize Tua struggles bigly against very good defenses are Bama fans (and media guys who always hype the top teams). Which is strange to me considering y’all watch every game. Not top teams, top defenses.

And :lol: at claiming LSU as a good defense. They haven’t had a good defense for years now. 

Yall just gonna have to take it for what it is this season with Bama’s sorry schedule. UGA had a terrible schedule last year. It is what it is. I love y’all but I don’t really know why Bama fans are so sensitive.

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yes, they have SEC talent playing against ACC talent.  Thats why they are good but like you said, its a few teams in that conference that still give them a hard time.  

part of the reason those teams give them a hard time is due to them playing down to their level.  north carolina is not a good team at all and they were outplayed in that game and outcoached imo bu unc.  heck even dabo agreed they were outplayed and outcoached and were lucky to win. what would clemson do if they had to play against alabama, auburn, and lsu this year?  i just think clemson is helped bigtime by the level of competition they face in their own conference.. it's just not very good.  that doesn't take away from their titles at all, but we are talking about this year which for some reason people (not you) can't get over the past doesn't matter when it comes to discussing this year's teams and schedules.  

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

part of the reason those teams give them a hard time is due to them playing down to their level.  north carolina is not a good team at all and they were outplayed in that game and outcoached imo bu unc.  heck even dabo agreed they were outplayed and outcoached and were lucky to win. what would clemson do if they had to play against alabama, auburn, and lsu this year?  i just think clemson is helped bigtime by the level of competition they face in their own conference.. it's just not very good.  that doesn't take away from their titles at all, but we are talking about this year which for some reason people (not you) can't get over the past doesn't matter when it comes to discussing this year's teams and schedules.  

Agreed...

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

By the way. Sarc is a GREAT college offense coordinator. Things are getting better and better. 

Why shouldn't he be looking better and better? The best team yall have played so far is Duke in week 1. Since then it has been New Mexico State, Southern Miss, South Carolina and Ole Miss. Those 4 teams have all of 6 wins put together.

Duke is the only team of the bunch with a winning record.

Sark is good though. Great in all caps is a bit much. Bama should only be challenged by maybe LSU and Auburn this year until we get to postseason play. It's very doubtful on LSU though because their defense is not very good and if yall force them to throw it's over.

If Texas A&M was getting any kind of decent QB play they might be a challenge, but Mond has been terrible and I think the rest of the team is getting really deflated. Bama should blow them out in 2 weeks.

8 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What part of OOC do you not understand? Holy **** lol.

Do you know that people can post a reply to another's post? Holy ****. Lol.

Next time read the post I was replying to before you step in the mud.

13 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Georgia has Auburn, Florida and Notre Dame as ranked teams they play this season.  Texas A&M is on the schedule and WERE ranked pretty high at one point and might be still ranked when Georgia plays them...

13 hours ago, Carter said:

Lmao I love football season!

The funniest thing about this discussion is that the only people who don’t realize Tua struggles bigly against very good defenses are Bama fans (and media guys who always hype the top teams). Which is strange to me considering y’all watch every game. Not top teams, top defenses.

And :lol: at claiming LSU as a good defense. They haven’t had a good defense for years now. 

Yall just gonna have to take it for what it is this season with Bama’s sorry schedule. UGA had a terrible schedule last year. It is what it is. I love y’all but I don’t really know why Bama fans are so sensitive.

LSU's defense has been OK, but it isn't great or even that good this year. We have come a long way since the 9-6 game as this year's game could be 59-56 lol...

Bill Battle really screwed Alabama by agreeing to play any ACC team in the Chick Fil A kickoff which is why we got Duke and not someone else (although looking at the ACC, Duke might be one of the better teams). Despite that, Duke is Alabama's signature win and might be going into October lol... Duke is a better team that people realize. That defense is nasty and is honestly probably the 2nd best defense Alabama will face all year until the SECCG. 

I know people are quick to say LOLDUKE, but that's a better team than people realize. I'm surprised by it, but they returned a lot of people from what was already a decent defense and their QB play has been better than I was thinking it would be for a first year starter. 

16 hours ago, LouDog said:

Bama has a much harder schedule than Clemson

And Oklahoma... Also take a look at Ohio State's OOC as well. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State all have pretty bad OOC schedules this year. This isn't just an Alabama issue lol...

Would love if we went to an only P5 schedule like Saban has suggested, but that would in effect kill several programs. See New Mexico State for example. They got paid close to $3 million to play Wazzu and Alabama. 

So my observations on Alabama because I know everyone is dying to know...

The schedule... it sucks, but there isn't much that can be done about it at this point. It's beating a dead horse to keep talking about it. Looking at Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State though, this isn't an Alabama-only problem. Oklahoma played UCLA as their only P5 OOC game and UCLA is trash lol. Ohio State did not play a single P5 OOC game this year. Alabama is working on playing 10 P5 opponents a year which should have been done a while ago. 

As for Alabama, the offense is only getting better. The big issues Tua had last year was that he tried to get greedy and go for the kill shot every time. Watch games towards the end of the year last year, and you will see that he wasn't always looking for the check down. He's doing that this year. And I think it will pay dividends at the end of the year. The OL is improving every game which is good. The passing attack is fun, but against LSU, Auburn, Georgia, etc., you are going to have to grind it out some. 

Alabama's defense has looked fine until the end of games. The offense really will need to start grinding it out to keep the defense fresher late in games. Ole Miss took advantage of that late yesterday and put up a lot more yards and points. Despite that, there are still some things Alabama can do defensively (stop the dumb penalties for instance). 

I think this team hasn't played its best game yet which is good. Last year they peaked in September. As long as Tua doesn't decide to start getting greedy and throwing the ball deep every play, I think a lot of these "he sucks against good defenses" takes will go away. 

3 hours ago, LouDog said:

He said he only puts up good numbers against bad teams which would mean that he puts up bad numbers against good teams

Here’s a stat for you that explains why Tua’s numbers look great against bad teams. This season, 72% of the yards Tua has is after the catch. That’s astonishing! Against better defenses it’s harder to get those 60 yards passes after catch. Bama will typically have to drive the field instead of relying on big plays against better teams

18 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Ahh two pigeons who changed the argument. The entire conversation was about OOC lol.

Did you read the first post? Did you read page 2 of posts?

Apparently not. Or if you say you did, your reading comprehension is lower than the 3rd graders at the school were I work. Like we tell our students over and over, take your time and read all the content before coming to a conclusion. 

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I'm not in this argument lol I was just clearing up what she clearly struggles to understand. 

Lol. Fair enough my man. It’s really not that important. Like Saban says, every year is different and last year means nothing. Dawgs are going to be heck to deal with for the next 20 years for sure. 

49 minutes ago, LouDog said:

300 yards with 2 TDs and 1 pick beats the **** out of 167 yards to App State. Plus I also posted he had well over 300 yards and 4 TDs to Oklahoma. Why did ya leave that one out? 

Because Oklahoma isn't a top defense you clown lol

And keep bringing up App State. Kirby doesn't throw against little teams like that. He just wants to run run run man. But ignore that i guess .

38 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Did you read the first post? Did you read page 2 of posts?

Apparently not. Or if you say you did, your reading comprehension is lower than the 3rd graders at the school were I work. Like we tell our students over and over, take your time and read all the content before coming to a conclusion. 

You should take your own advice lol.