Ohio State vs Nebraska

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all cry about “Fields haters” but bring up Fromm and talk **** about Kirby in every single Ohio State thread lol Some fans we have. It would be nice to have Fields as a QB if we ran the ki

You keep saying lots of folks. There were like 3 super pro Fields people in that thread, one being you... and maybe like 5 or 6 others that bothered commenting much at all. Enjoying speculation is als

I don’t know if you’ve followed all the Justin Fields threads on this forum but my advise is to let this one go before you spiral down this black hole of a thread the rest of us have been sucked down 

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

you keep talking about Fields hasn't played anyone - tell me who Tua has played?   Tua started sucking last year when he started playing the good teams.

Which hear me out, and no.. I’m not a Justin hater, maybe that’s why folks here are waiting to see Justin play someone too before crowning him the best QB in Ohio State history  

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

OK, let's see.  We can see how he does versus Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan as well.  I'm good with that ;)

I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone has been asking. 

You’re acting like he’s graduating next week with a heisman trophy, 2 NCs and every passing record in NCAA history. He could very well achieve all of that and more but the fact is he hasn’t accomplished any of that yet.

If he gets the crown you think he deserves when it’s all said and done then great for him. He’ll have earned it against the likes of Clemson, Bama and UGA. Like I said before it’s just a shame to me he didn’t want to stick around and do it at UGA. 

For someone that’s been a dawg fan longer than I’ve been alive and has kids in HS your coming off as incredibly immature and it’s silly to me to get so bent out of shape over some guys on a message board talking smack about JF. 

1 minute ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I’m pretty sure that’s what everyone has been asking. 

You’re acting like he’s graduating next week with a heisman trophy, 2 NCs and every passing record in NCAA history. He could very well achieve all of that and more but the fact is he hasn’t accomplished any of that yet.

If he gets the crown you think he deserves when it’s all said and done then great for him. He’ll have earned it against the likes of Clemson, Bama and UGA. Like I said before it’s just a shame to me he didn’t want to stick around and do it at UGA. 

For someone that’s been a dawg fan longer than I’ve been alive and has kids in HS your coming off as incredibly immature and it’s silly to me to get so bent out of shape over some guys on a message board talking smack about JF. 

again, I have been the one defending Fields - most everyone else has been the aggressor trashing the kid.   Fundamentally disagree w/ your characterization of this topic and how I am immature - ironic.

53 minutes ago, Carter said:

Saying Fields is uber talented but hasn’t accomplished anything yet and stating what he did at UGA = trashing him. :rolleyes:

He's accomplished a ton in the first 5 games already - especially since lots of folks here said he wasn't even going to win the starting job :lol:

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

you keep talking about Fields hasn't played anyone - tell me who Tua has played?   Tua started sucking last year when he started playing the good teams.

OMG, this Tua stuff about last year again! Don't you guys know, or I assume you know, Tua was injured in the first part of 3rd quarter against LSU. He never really recovered from that injury. auburn didn't hit him and he was able to play through that game, but look what happened when he played GA and you guys hit him a few times. He was basically playing on 1 leg. Then against OU that really had no defense he did great, but he was still favoring his knee,  and then Clemson and that NFL defense line ate him up. Remeber he was still recovering during the summer and couldn't go the Manning QB camp.

I think Fields will be tested, just like Tua and Jalen. Of those 3 I think Tua and Jalen are better QB's and much better leaders.I am not sure Fields has developed what it takes to be a leader.

6 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

OMG, this Tua stuff about last year again! Don't you guys know, or I assume you know, Tua was injured in the first part of 3rd quarter against LSU. He never really recovered from that injury. auburn didn't hit him and he was able to play through that game, but look what happened when he played GA and you guys hit him a few times. He was basically playing on 1 leg. Then against OU that really had no defense he did great, but he was still favoring his knee,  and then Clemson and that NFL defense line ate him up. Remeber he was still recovering during the summer and couldn't go the Manning QB camp.

I think Fields will be tested, just like Tua and Jalen. Of those 3 I think Tua and Jalen are better QB's and much better leaders.I am not sure Fields has developed what it takes to be a leader.

No question Fields has to develop as a leader - and that can only be developed over time - leaders are baked not microwaved.

The upside of the three QBs would likely lean to Justin - he has NFL size and arm.   Tua definitely has unique arm talent.  While there are much more smallish NFL QBs,   NFL prefers size overall and NFL will be all over Fields if he continues to develop from the trajectory he has exhibited so far in his first 5 games as a starter.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

No question Fields has to develop as a leader - and that can only be developed over time - leaders are baked not microwaved.

The upside of the three QBs would likely lean to Justin - he has NFL size and arm.   Tua definitely has unique arm talent.  While there are much more smallish NFL QBs,   NFL prefers size overall and NFL will be all over Fields if he continues to develop from the trajectory his has exhibited so far in his first 5 games.

Fields is not that much bigger than Tua or Jalen. Tua is 6'2" 220. Jalen is 6'2" 218 and Fields is 6"3" 223.

I think if we were talking about Murray at 5'10", that would be different, but an inch in height and a couple pounds in weight is hardly measurable.

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Fields is not that much bigger than Tua or Jalen. Tua is 6'2" 220. Jalen is 6'2" 218 and Fields is 6"3" 223.

I think if we were talking about Murray at 5'10", that would be different, but an inch in height and a couple pounds in weight is hardly measurable.

Justin is clearly bigger.   also remember that height/weights published in a college media guide are not accurate and never have been - we see this every year when players get to the NFL combine or Senior Bowl and they are measured and weighed.   There is little doubt that Justin is taller and more stout than both Tua and Jalen.

Image result for justin fields ohio state

Image result for jalen hurts

Image result for tua tagovailoa

15 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I don’t know if you’ve followed all the Justin Fields threads on this forum but my advise is to let this one go before you spiral down this black hole of a thread the rest of us have been sucked down :bang:

Its not worth it. 

9 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I don’t know if you’ve followed all the Justin Fields threads on this forum but my advise is to let this one go before you spiral down this black hole of a thread the rest of us have been sucked down :bang:

Its not worth it. 

Thanks for the advice.  I think I will just leave it there, didn't think I was stirring the pot.

7 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

You’re not. That wasn’t anything negative towards you. You’ll just find yourself arguing in endless circles if you get in too deep. 

Oh no, I really appreciate the advice.  I didn't follow all the Fields stuff too much, but I know you are walking a tightrope when talking about him.  Anything can be taken the wrong way, even just given measurements from each schools website.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

there were lots of folks enjoying the speculation that "Justin Fields may not even win the job" talk.

You keep saying lots of folks. There were like 3 super pro Fields people in that thread, one being you... and maybe like 5 or 6 others that bothered commenting much at all. Enjoying speculation is also not trashing a kid.

When Tate Martell transferred out and Ryan Day made a huge push for that bs lie to get Fields eligible immediately, it should have told everyone exactly what the deal was. Ryan Day moved heaven and earth to get Fields to OSU, including illegal contact while Fields was at UGA but that will probably never see the light of day. The only way he wasn’t starting over a graduate transfer that couldn’t start at Kentucky was if he got hurt. There was no real competition. The job was his.

35 minutes ago, Carter said:

You keep saying lots of folks. There were like 3 super pro Fields people in that thread, one being you... and maybe like 5 or 6 others that bothered commenting much at all. Enjoying speculation is also not trashing a kid.

When Tate Martell transferred out and Ryan Day made a huge push for that bs lie to get Fields eligible immediately, it should have told everyone exactly what the deal was. Ryan Day moved heaven and earth to get Fields to OSU, including illegal contact while Fields was at UGA but that will probably never see the light of day. The only way he wasn’t starting over a graduate transfer that couldn’t start at Kentucky was if he got hurt. There was no real competition. The job was his.

I'll have you know his daddy is an upstanding citizen of these United states. They would never and I mean never do anything under the table or lie at any point.