Ohio State vs Nebraska

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all cry about “Fields haters” but bring up Fromm and talk **** about Kirby in every single Ohio State thread lol Some fans we have. It would be nice to have Fields as a QB if we ran the ki

You keep saying lots of folks. There were like 3 super pro Fields people in that thread, one being you... and maybe like 5 or 6 others that bothered commenting much at all. Enjoying speculation is als

I don’t know if you’ve followed all the Justin Fields threads on this forum but my advise is to let this one go before you spiral down this black hole of a thread the rest of us have been sucked down 

15 hours ago, Carter said:

Dude stop. He has not done anything at all to be this anointed elite of the elite QB like you say. Dude has broken some meaningless total TD record against scrubs. He folded like a cheap suit when he saw Alabama... and he had a receiver coming wide open on a slant that was his only purpose for being in the game. I’ve said it before but I’m not so sure he didn’t wreck that play on purpose to get back at Kirby for not playing him more. Some “Dawg fans“ probably think that’s awesome too.

I found this post interesting enough to go back and watch the fake for the first time since that game. It was painful enough the first time I saw it. Watching the replay makes me wonder why a timeout wasn't called when they were playing regular defense. That has to be the all time worst call and panic move. 

But you say that someone was coming open on the slant. Fields appears to be scrambling at the point someone is about to come open. Could he have shown more poise and kept his head up? Maybe, but considering his experience and the situation I doubt many people would have with someone bearing down on him from behind. Also, it looks like the original play was an option to the left that didn't look to have much potential to gain 11 yards. Was it an option? Or was it intended to be a fake that would then lead to the slants coming from the right? 

7 hours ago, GAbred said:

I found this post interesting enough to go back and watch the fake for the first time since that game. It was painful enough the first time I saw it. Watching the replay makes me wonder why a timeout wasn't called when they were playing regular defense. That has to be the all time worst call and panic move. 

But you say that someone was coming open on the slant. Fields appears to be scrambling at the point someone is about to come open. Could he have shown more poise and kept his head up? Maybe, but considering his experience and the situation I doubt many people would have with someone bearing down on him from behind. Also, it looks like the original play was an option to the left that didn't look to have much potential to gain 11 yards. Was it an option? Or was it intended to be a fake that would then lead to the slants coming from the right? 

You don’t get the best view of it on the broadcast but you can see it. It was a pass 100%. There was no option to run it. The throw was wide open if he threw it into the window and it would have been at least a 1st down if caught. Kirby talked about the play after the game. Even with them coming out in a base defense alignment they had the look they wanted... the receiver was not even covered. Bama shifted just before the snap and put a guy on the receiver, but the throw was still there. Fields just ducked straight into the line.

I believe Kirby said if Bama had shifted to cover the receiver sooner he would have called a timeout, but the play was there and we just didn’t execute.

15 hours ago, Carter said:

You don’t get the best view of it on the broadcast but you can see it. It was a pass 100%. There was no option to run it. The throw was wide open if he threw it into the window and it would have been at least a 1st down if caught. Kirby talked about the play after the game. Even with them coming out in a base defense alignment they had the look they wanted... the receiver was not even covered. Bama shifted just before the snap and put a guy on the receiver, but the throw was still there. Fields just ducked straight into the line.

I believe Kirby said if Bama had shifted to cover the receiver sooner he would have called a timeout, but the play was there and we just didn’t execute.

Thanks for the information. I still don't like the play call. 

14 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I also remember Kirby mentioning that we didn’t snap it early enough in the play clock. Idk if that was on Fields or the rest of the players for not getting set in time but that was a big factor also. 

The fake punt was a stupid play to begin with.  Bama players all saw Fields on the field and knew the fake was on.   The play was doomed from the start.   Fakes only work when opposition has virtually no idea it’s coming.  Anyone blaming Fields for that isn’t seeing the whole picture.

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

Thanks for the information. I still don't like the play call. 

It was a bad play call.

42 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The fake punt was a stupid play to begin with.  Bama players all saw Fields on the field and knew the fake was on.   The play was doomed from the start.   Fakes only work when opposition has virtually no idea it’s coming.  Anyone blaming Fields for that isn’t seeing the whole picture.

It was a poor play call and he also had a role in why it failed. If he threw the ball like he was supposed to instead of tucking it immediately and getting swallowed by the rush... who knows. Acting like Justin never did anything wrong is pretty immature. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

It was a bad play call.

It was a poor play call and he also had a role in why it failed. If he threw the ball like he was supposed to instead of tucking it immediately and getting swallowed by the rush... who knows. Acting like Justin never did anything wrong is pretty immature. 

You have been acting immature lately in your posts towards me - Hopefully that trend changes.

I am sorry that your anti-Fields narrative has collapsed this year as he makes his Heisman run.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Seriously? It’s not immaturity on my part that you can’t handle discussion about Fields that isn’t total praise. How have I been acting immature?

It seems clear you are frustrated with  how well Justin is playing and that it just continues to make you look like a bitter fan as Fields continues to dominate and could even win the Heisman.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It seems clear you are frustrated with  how well Justin is playing and that it just continues to make you look like a bitter fan as Fields continues to dominate and could even win the Heisman.

I’m upset I didn’t draft him in our fantasy league like I was thinking about. I drafted TLaw and he has been crap. Lol it doesn’t bother me at all that he’s playing well broski, don’t be so simple minded.

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m upset I didn’t draft him in our fantasy league like I was thinking about. I drafted TLaw and he has been crap. Lol it doesn’t bother me at all that he’s playing well broski, don’t be so simple minded.

Simple minded and immature?

LOL.   It’s never been so.  I have been right on Justin Fields from the get go from the time he committed to UGA until now.  If he came out the year before Jake instead of vice-versa, he would be the Dawgs starting QB today.  Fromm’s advantage was simply year in the offense and got to learn on the job.  That’s it.

Anyone bringing up fake punts, hot mics and transfer portal complaints - those are the ones that need to let it go.

Let the hate go.   As I have said repeatedly, good chance the situation was unworkable no matter what — as Justin was too good to sit for two years - but Kirby bungled it and as the season went on,  Fields became more and more frustrated - and he didn’t handle it well.

While hopefully this is the year of the DAWGS, there is a very real chance Justin could win a Natty in the next two years.  

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

:rolleyes: 

Kirby doesn’t call the fake without the option to audible back to a punt. We got an alignment from Bama that made the fake an option. Bama shifted and adjusted to it before we could snap the ball. The fault there is on the players for not getting set and snapping the ball. Fault also goes to the coaching staff for not getting a TO called in time. After the ball was snapped, Fields panicked and crumbled. He had a chance to make the kind of impact every player wants to make on the season and he folded.

We’ll probably never know whether Bama tried to encourage a fake with their alignment and shift at the last second like they do all the time on defense or whether they recognized it late and corrected. Point is, there’s plenty of blame to go around and Fields isn’t exempt. 

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

:rolleyes: 

Kirby doesn’t call the fake without the option to audible back to a punt. We got an alignment from Bama that made the fake an option. Bama shifted and adjusted to it before we could snap the ball. The fault there is on the players for not getting set and snapping the ball. Fault also goes to the coaching staff for not getting a TO called in time. After the ball was snapped, Fields panicked and crumbled. He had a chance to make the kind of impact every player wants to make on the season and he folded.

We’ll probably never know whether Bama tried to encourage a fake with their alignment and shift at the last second like they do all the time on defense or whether they recognized it late and corrected. Point is, there’s plenty of blame to go around and Fields isn’t exempt. 

the mistake was made before the players ever hit the field.   It was a panic move by Kirby.   If you wanna go for it - put your offense out there and go for it.   Scapegoating  Fields for a coaching mistake is weaksauce.

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

LOL.   It’s never been so.  I have been right on Justin Fields from the get go from the time he committed to UGA until now.  If he came out the year before Jake instead of vice-versa, he would be the Dawgs starting QB today.  Fromm’s advantage was simply year in the offense and got to learn on the job.  That’s it.

Anyone bringing up fake punts, hot mics and transfer portal complaints - those are the ones that need to let it go.

Let the hate go.   As I have said repeatedly, good chance the situation was unworkable no matter what — as Justin was too good to sit for two years - but Kirby bungled it and as the season went on,  Fields became more and more frustrated - and he didn’t handle it well.

While hopefully this is the year of the DAWGS, there is a very real chance Justin could win a Natty in the next two years.  

I’m honestly having a tough time deciding whether you would rather UGA win a NC or OSU just so you can say I told you so. I think you being right about Fields is more important to you than either Fields’ or UGA’s success. That’s not meant to be a dig. Just an honest observation. 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

the mistake was made before the players ever hit the field.   It was a panic move by Kirby.   If you wanna go for it - put your offense out there and go for it.   Scapegoating  Fields for a coaching mistake is weaksauce.

Never did that. I feel the same about going for it with the offense vs. ST. Blame for the play call was on the staff. The blame for the execution is on Fields. 

2 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I’m honestly having a tough time deciding whether you would rather UGA win a NC or OSU just so you can say I told you so. I think you being right about Fields is more important to you than either Fields’ or UGA’s success. That’s not meant to be a dig. Just an honest observation. 

I can isolate two things.   I was likely a UGA fan before you were born.   I am a UGA alum - i am 100% bonafide Georgia fan.

I'm not built to swallow any team of which I am a fan and consider/believe they do no wrong and never make mistakes - that's simply not reality.    Watched Fields get ripped to shreds on these messageboards - I consistently said "when he gets his chance, he will show all what he is capable of - and that is a dominant player."   - and that is exactly what is happening.

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Dude calm down he’s the highest rated recruit since Herschel and the highest rated QB we’ve ever signed... you weren’t exactly predicting a 3 star player to light things up my man, everyone was saying it. You’re just giddy about him because he’s a local kid for you.

I’m not holding on to any hate. I already had that discussion with you. I know what the facts are about his time in Athens, you’ve always looked the other way. I think it’s goofy how you act about him and I’ve pointed out before how you getting so sensitive about it leads to people giving you more **** about it.

Kirby didn’t bungle Fields bro, Justin had a big time attitude and entitlement problem. He was given multiple chances to act right and also to earn the QB job. He couldn’t run the offense as effectively as the starter. He thought, like in high school, he could tell his coaches what to do... and when that was not the case in any way shape or form he got other players on his side. We’re better off without him. He’s better off at Ohio State. I’m over it. Just don’t post **** like Kirby screwed up and Fields will dominate everyone he plays and then get all pissy when someone who knows better refutes it.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Dude calm down he’s the highest rated recruit since Herschel and the highest rated QB we’ve ever signed... you weren’t exactly predicting a 3 star player to light things up my man, everyone was saying it. You’re just giddy about him because he’s a local kid for you.

I’m not holding on to any hate. I already had that discussion with you. I know what the facts are about his time in Athens, you’ve always looked the other way. I think it’s goofy how you act about him and I’ve pointed out before how you getting so sensitive about it leads to people giving you more **** about it.

Kirby didn’t bungle Fields bro, Justin had a big time attitude and entitlement problem. He was given multiple chances to act right and also to earn the QB job. He couldn’t run the offense as effectively as the starter. He thought, like in high school, he could tell his coaches what to do... and when that was not the case in any way shape or form he got other players on his side. We’re better off without him. He’s better off at Ohio State. I’m over it. Just don’t post **** like Kirby screwed up and Fields will dominate everyone he plays and then get all pissy when someone who knows better refutes it.

What has been refuted is the negative comments on his play - Fields completed 70% of his passes at UGA and has done the same at OSU - he has yet to throw an interception in his college career.   He is both smart and supremely talented.

Kirby did bungle the 2QB situation last year and most on here that don't like Justin even admitted as much.   That's not even up for debate.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What has been refuted is the negative comments on his play - Fields completed 70% of his passes at UGA and has done the same at OSU - he has yet to throw an interception in his college career.   He is both smart and supremely talented.

Kirby did bungle the 2QB situation last year and most on here that don't like Justin even admitted as much.   That's not even up for debate.

I remember you getting on gazoo about his defense being back post saying we should wait for multiple games or even the year but you're crowning Fields after hes beat sorry defenses. If he does it to Wisconsin I'll give him credit but let's see first.

12 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I remember you getting on gazoo about his defense being back post saying we should wait for multiple games or even the year but you're crowning Fields after hes beat sorry defenses. If he does it to Wisconsin I'll give him credit but let's see first.

OK, let's see.  We can see how he does versus Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan as well.  I'm good with that ;)

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Hes not getting it over Tua. Maybe next year.

Tua was supposedly a cinch last year.

Tua, Burrow, Hurts and Fields - those are the clear-cut 4 right now.    Tua could certainly win it but he has no leg up on any of the other three right now.   Long way to go.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Tua was supposedly a cinch last year.

Tua, Burrow, Hurts and Fields - those are the clear-cut 4 right now.    Tua could certainly win it but he has no leg up on any of the other three right now.   Long way to go.

Hes got more TD's, more yards, and 0 turnovers so far.

He certainly has a leg up.