Ohio State vs Nebraska

1 minute ago, fuego said:

I'm a Dawgs fan and to be honest, it really makes me mad that Kirby couldn't have seen this talent in Fields. Now the question is, was it Fields or the way Kirby used him when he was here so it masked his talent? But when I see Fields play, it really irritates me toward Kirby. 

Also, just heard Kirk making his bid for OSU to be first in the next poll. He didn't even name GA in the top four. Nobody seems to be taking into consideration that OSU hasn't played anybody. Let's see how they do against Wisconsin if they stay undefeated. 

But we have a clear path to the playoffs if we go undefeated and win the SEC. No way can we be kept out. 

Old saying holds true..

it takes two to tango

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all cry about “Fields haters” but bring up Fromm and talk **** about Kirby in every single Ohio State thread lol Some fans we have. It would be nice to have Fields as a QB if we ran the ki

You keep saying lots of folks. There were like 3 super pro Fields people in that thread, one being you... and maybe like 5 or 6 others that bothered commenting much at all. Enjoying speculation is als

I don’t know if you’ve followed all the Justin Fields threads on this forum but my advise is to let this one go before you spiral down this black hole of a thread the rest of us have been sucked down 

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

I'm a Dawgs fan and to be honest, it really makes me mad that Kirby couldn't have seen this talent in Fields. Now the question is, was it Fields or the way Kirby used him when he was here so it masked his talent? But when I see Fields play, it really irritates me toward Kirby. 

Also, just heard Kirk making his bid for OSU to be first in the next poll. He didn't even name GA in the top four. Nobody seems to be taking into consideration that OSU hasn't played anybody. Let's see how they do against Wisconsin if they stay undefeated. 

But we have a clear path to the playoffs if we go undefeated and win the SEC. No way can we be kept out. 

fields was a true freshman which was why he was used as he was.  he wasn't close to being ready to play when it came to running the offense.  he expected to come in and win the job, but there was no way that was happening.  Fromm ended the year the #3 QBR rating in the entire nation right behind tua and murray (both heisman candidate qbs who were in new york).  you saw the frustration when field's dad went to the press in august before the season even started and basically put our coaches on watch regarding fields and his playing time.  our staff isn't going to let a father tell them what to do with playing time.. the staff is about winning games and if you think our staff wouldn't play the best players i don't know what to say (not saying you are, but i have seen this from some fans).  there was already tampering being done by ryan day and field's qb training coach in the preseason which set all of this in motion (regarding his transfer).  anything short of winning the starting job meant fields was going to transfer.  

regarding kirk i love how guys say he isn't a homer, but he is one of the worst homers on espn.. he has no business calling an osu game because of some of his comments.  osu has played no one period.  they deserve to stay where they are in the rankings.  

1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

UGA football 

where the backup QB is always a favorite and the starter is always dogged. Can remember back in the 90s this attitude also. 

Our starters don’t seem to get the love until they graduate. 

heck we had falcon fans who saw doug johnson play great in the preseason and felt he should have been our starter.. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

regarding kirk i love how guys say he isn't a homer, but he is one of the worst homers on espn.. he has no business calling an osu game because of some of his comments.  osu has played no one period.  they deserve to stay where they are in the rankings.  

Total homer. I still will never forget him stumping for OSU publicly on ESPN that year we should have been ranked higher and he kept saying "but how can you be in the NC game if you haven't won your own conference?" It was the year we played Hawaii in the bowl game i think. And then of course a few years later when a team he wanted to be in the NC game hadn't won their conference he started talking about how that shouldn't matter. 

21 minutes ago, fuego said:

This is my personal take and I KNOW others will STRONGLY disagree.

While Fromm earned the right to be starter and should have been - I believe Kirby was concerned if Justin got too much time and too much of the playbook(in games) that there could have been more of a QB controversy - maybe not for the coaches but for the fans.

The limited play selection and simple packages Chaney/Kirby put Justin in was a joke.  Dawg fans would complain about Justin in some of the limited package plays - but those weren’t his fault, it was dumb playcalling.  In the 2nd half of the season, he should have played a lot more.   

Lots of talk behind the scenes about issues, team chemistry, Justin having attitude, etc. - cannot speak to that - I just think Kirby and Chaney were like the greyhounds that caught the rabbit when they landed Fields and when they got him they didn’t know what to do.   

As long as UGA wins a Natty, that’s my main goal - I just see Fields and he will have Ohio State in the mix - definitely believe we could have won a Natty with him.  Very difficult for even the best defenses to defend a guy like him.  He is a bigger, stronger DeShaun Watson.

Fields is uber talented - as good as he has been this year, people still underestimate his talent. People love to pigeon hole a “running QB” - Fields has the strongest arm in all college football - throws an unbelievable deep ball but is also so accurate.

9 minutes ago, fuego said:

Total homer. I still will never forget him stumping for OSU publicly on ESPN that year we should have been ranked higher and he kept saying "but how can you be in the NC game if you haven't won your own conference?" It was the year we played Hawaii in the bowl game i think. And then of course a few years later when a team he wanted to be in the NC game hadn't won their conference he started talking about how that shouldn't matter. 

yeah don't get me on that subject.. i go to a dark place when i discuss that.. lol  seriously i am still ticked off. he had 2 different viewpoints because on the teams that were involved.. it was pathetic and voters actually felt it was a rule that you had to win your conference so they dropped us.. a numbrer of harris poll voters said that was they thought due to espn's coverage.. i will never forget cmr was on espn and gave a very good rebuttal regarding our resume and as soon as they hung with him, kirk goes "well that's all good, but UGA didn't win their conference so their resume can't be considered."  that stuff affected the human voters bigtime. 

13 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Brah stop. YOU yourself said that when you made your post that it wouldn't be popular. Now you backing away from it.  Its just football Players are compared to other players... 

Never back away from what I said...I actually just repeated it again....me saying it wouldn't be popular was just saying I know people like Fromm....

I just didn't expect the response I got..

Its all good....

25 minutes ago, fuego said:

I will forever hate him for that ********.

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Also will say this.

While OSU features the QB - Fields is the greatest talent - by far - of Haskins, Jones, Pryor, Smith and all those other guys. 

Fields would have been great in any system.

I don’t know man.  Haskins was pretty **** special.  I definitely wouldn’t say by far.

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I don’t know man.  Haskins was pretty **** special.  I definitely wouldn’t say by far.

I will say it - by far.

Obviously Haskins was highly productive but his skill set isn’t close to Fields and there is nothing Haskins does better.   Ok, one thing - he has a more gregarious personality.

27 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

While Fromm earned the right to be starter and should have been - I believe Kirby was concerned if Justin got too much time and too much of the playbook(in games) that there could have been more of a QB controversy - maybe not for the coaches but for the fans.

The limited play selection and simple packages Chaney/Kirby put Justin in was a joke.  Dawg fans would complain about Justin in some of the limited package plays - but those weren’t his fault, it was dumb playcalling.  In the 2nd half of the season, he should have played a lot more.   

Lots of talk behind the scenes about issues, team chemistry, Justin having attitude, etc. - cannot speak to that - I just think Kirby and Chaney were like the greyhounds that caught the rabbit when they landed Fields and when they got him they didn’t know what to do.   

As long as UGA wins a Natty, that’s my main goal - I just see Fields and he will have Ohio State in the mix - definitely believe we could have won a Natty with him.  Very difficult for even the best defenses to defend a guy like him.  He is a bigger, stronger DeShaun Watson.

Fields is uber talented - as good as he has been this year, people still underestimate his talent. People love to pigeon hole a “running QB” - Fields has the strongest arm in all college football - throws an unbelievable deep ball but is also so accurate.

Fields didn’t win the job at UGA because he didn’t know and run the offense as good as Fromm could, period no other reason. Fields only saw the field because of how talented Smart felt he was. That’s all I will say about last year 

Fields this year has progressively gotten better in certain areas but there are some areas we won’t know how good he is until he gets challenged by a better defense. Fields doesn’t have the best arm in college, that goes to Eason and it not really that close. Fields is no doubt going to be a great player but let’s let him progress before we call him the greatest thing since sliced bread

1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

Fields didn’t win the job at UGA because he didn’t know and run the offense as good as Fromm could, period no other reason. Fields only saw the field because of how talented Smart felt he was. That’s all I will say about last year 

Fields this year has progressively gotten better in certain areas but there are some areas we won’t know how good he is until he gets challenged by a better defense. Fields doesn’t have the best arm in college, that goes to Eason and it not really that close. Fields is no doubt going to be a great player but let’s let him progress before we call him the greatest thing since sliced bread

Fields arm is better than Eason’s.  Fields talent is better than 90% of NFL QBs.

Will he live up to his talent? That will play out over time - intangibles like work ethic, decision making, off-field will all go towards answering that question.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don’t believe anyone has ever questioned Fields talent and potential. A lot of people expected him to come right in and play like a 3rd year starter though, like there would be no competition... it was just his job because he was a top flight 5 star true dual threat QB. Like offensive schemes can just completely change like that. Fields himself got his head blown up to believe he should be the starter from day one and that was not only fed by the fans but his private QB coach who was pushing him to Ohio State. Both notions were and are completely ridiculous. As good as he’s doing at Ohio State all you have to do is watch them play to see he’s still a one read QB. He did well enough in practice to earn playing time at UGA but not well enough consistently enough to earn the full starting job from Fromm. To be honest UGA was not in a position of having to play him at all in close games, period.

I would argue that the coaches irresponsibly threw off the balance of our offense and chemistry of the team by forcing Fields into playing time and creating the appearance of a controversy. Like, if Fields didn’t play one snap until garbage time the entire narrative would be different. But Fields was played in games as if the job was in question and thanks largely to him pushing the offense past Tennessee and then Fromm (and the whole team) playing like **** at LSU the fanbase became split. Fromm then came out and lit up Florida and from that point on it was a story about how Fields wasn’t getting a fair shot which is bs.

He is supremely talented. He will win a lot of games at Ohio State. No one in the Big Ten has recruited anywhere close to their level. You’re kidding yourself if you want to say there has been little or no shade cast on Fromm though. We have UGA fans come in the UGA game threads and ***** about him and talk about how they wish Fields was our starter  Every week. So I don’t know where this “defend Fields at all costs” complex comes from.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields arm is better than Eason’s.  Fields talent is better than 90% of NFL QBs.

Will he live up to his talent? That will play out over time - intangibles like work ethic, decision making, off-field will all go towards answering that question.

sorry man, but field's arm isn't on Eason's level..  Eason has a much stronger arm than fields.  there are few qbs out there who have as strong of an arm as Eason does.  that is a bless and a cursing for Eason.. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

We will agree to disagree.

and Fields is more accurate 

i can agree on the accuracy, but i know Eason has a much stronger arm than fields.. there is a reason why eason is not as accurate.  his velocity there is no match right now on the college level.. i can't think of a qb who comes close to Eason's arm strength right now.  he is freaking amazing.  

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i can agree on the accuracy, but i know Eason has a much stronger arm than fields.. there is a reason why eason is not as accurate.  his velocity there is no match right now on the college level.. i can't think of a qb who comes close to Eason's arm strength right now.  he is freaking amazing.  

Is it possible that Kirby picked the wrong man out of 3 good ones? We still don't know what Eason or Fields would have done.

But it is hard to argue the fact that Fromm got us to the NC game. And it really was the D that lost it. The play that cost us the game was I think it was 3rd and long, and we had Tua in the backfield sacked and the D let him escape. That play would have basically sealed the game. 

I think I read the stat recently that in both games agains Bama, the NC game and this year's SEC Championship, that we led both those games combined except for about 2 minutes total. Can't remember exactly. So frustrating. Should have won both. 

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

Is it possible that Kirby picked the wrong man out of 3 good ones? We still don't know what Eason or Fields would have done.

But it is hard to argue the fact that Fromm got us to the NC game. And it really was the D that lost it. The play that cost us the game was I think it was 3rd and long, and we had Tua in the backfield sacked and the D let him escape. That play would have basically sealed the game. 

I think I read the stat recently that in both games agains Bama, the NC game and this year's SEC Championship, that we led both those games combined except for about 2 minutes total. Can't remember exactly. So frustrating. Should have won both. 

Kirby picked the right QB out of those 3 to run the system he wants to run.  Kirby needs a leader who can read defenses and who can make presnap adjustments.  We run an NFL system so we need a QB who is very very good at all of that.  He also needs one who is a great leader with great accuracy.  Fromm is all of that and some.  Fromm was the best QB at this point for all 3 IMO.  Now fields is going to flourish and get better in the next 2 years in Ryan Day's system.  Fields isn't ask to do what Fromm is.  Fields wasn't close to being ready last year as a true freshman.  Regarding winning a title we are knocking on the door and we will win one with this staff.  We should have won both, but we didn't.. We will finish though.  I don't question Kirby and his desire to win it all. 

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby picked the right QB out of those 3 to run the system he wants to run.  Kirby needs a leader who can read defenses and who can make presnap adjustments.  We run an NFL system so we need a QB who is very very good at all of that.  He also needs one who is a great leader with great accuracy.  Fromm is all of that and some.  Fromm was the best QB at this point for all 3 IMO.  Now fields is going to flourish and get better in the next 2 years in Ryan Day's system.  Fields isn't ask to do what Fromm is.  Fields wasn't close to being ready last year as a true freshman.  Regarding winning a title we are knocking on the door and we will win one with this staff.  We should have won both, but we didn't.. We will finish though.  I don't question Kirby and his desire to win it all. 

No one questions Kirby’s desire to win it all.   The questions with Kirby are mostly all game management related and playcalling with a lead.

would’ve went with Justin and rolled with the bumps ..I think Kirby and co honestly froze up ..it became a idk what to do type of situation..I’ll tell you this..it won’t happen again. Kirby also needs to stop handicapping Fromm I’m sick of it, let the kid ****in throw..it’s a spread game now and it’s only going to continue. If Jake is all of this general he’s dialed up to be let the kid do his thing and **** off playing scary.

13 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

would’ve went with Justin and rolled with the bumps ..I think Kirby and co honestly froze up ..it became a idk what to do type of situation..I’ll tell you this..it won’t happen again. Kirby also needs to stop handicapping Fromm I’m sick of it, let the kid ****in throw..it’s a spread game now and it’s only going to continue. If Jake is all of this general he’s dialed up to be let the kid do his thing and **** off playing scary.

The conservative playcalling on passes against Notre Dame was ridiculous.